New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104549

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - TUF 18 Team Rousey vs. Team Tate
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

TUF 18 starts this Wednesday September 4th! Dana White said a lot of the footage cannot be aired, even on cable! These 2 apparently have a new found rage for each other. Go figure 2 women in competition with one another preparing for a fight but having to be on TV long before they get to fight! MEEEEOWWWW <hiss> let the claws come out!

Tate during an interview:

"I've had people I've worked with before that I didn't get along with or whatever, but never to this extent. I don't know what her reasoning was for it, but at one point she just flipped a switch and she just became this mega b---h," Tate said. "For the rest of the season, it was just horrible having to deal with her."

"She puts on this tough girl act. She flips me off, she cusses me out, she does all these things I really think deep down inside because she respects me a lot. She is realizing the first time [we fought] that she was able to get away with that and it bothered me and she was able to emotionally manipulate me. This time it's not. I think she's even more aggravated about it and that's why she's really escalated," Tate said.
Here's a link to the story and it contains the live interview. Miesha wearing some strange looking sunglasses!

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/8/23/4652194/miesha-tate-ronda-rousey-flipped-a-switch-on-tuf-was-horrible-to-be

She has also claimed, in the past, that Ronda hates her because she has a crush on her boyfriend Bryan Caraway.

Ronda responded:

"I say that any girl that's with a man that has braces has any reason to be cranky. I understand why she's cranky," Rousey said. "He's not anyone's type."

The cast includes Tonya Evinger (an admitted lesbian), the girl that Gina Carano defeated, and later partied and made out with! Pictures are out there! <pssst> http://www.inquisitr.com/10034/gina-carano-pics-tonya-evinger/

I hope there's some cuties, or at least they have some asses that rival Miesha's - or at least Ronda's! Make it more fun on a different level.

Oh and when asked if Miesha saw anyone on the show who she could see fighting for a title soon she responded, "Yeah, without naming names, you know a star when you see one." Or something to that effect.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Stillgard
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I enjoyed last nights episode and look forward to this season. I think everyone will see what a real bitch Ronda can be! I hope someone can beat Baszler, not because I do not like her, but I think she should not be on a show like this. She is too good! I am rooting for good fights and seeing more of Miesha, she has a rocking body! Go Team Tate! Smile

Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It seems kind of like when they had Roy Nelson on the HW show, a guy who should've been in the UFC already but I think Dana probably doubted him on physical appearance or conditioning. I guess the show really is what it should be though. Not finding the best of a bunch of so-so fighters. But giving a bunch of fighters with promise, or experience, a shot at a contract which may include talent that possibly should already be in the UFC.

Baszler does have quite a fighting pedigree. She has defeated Julie Kedzie, Sarah D' Alelio, and Alexis Davis. And has fought and lost to Alexis Davis, Sarah Kaufman, Sara McMann, and Tara LaRosa. Not only that but 7 years ago she beat another fighter in the house, Roxanne Modafferi, via Hammerlock. An amazing 14 of 15 wins by submission, including 7 armbars and 2 twisters. Supposedly the first ever MMA fighter to win via Twister but I wonder about that as it was 2008 and I almost have to think a Male competitor somewhere must've done it before that.

I wouldn't sleep on Sarah Moras after (wo)manhandling Tara LaRosa who at one point was ranked #1 in the world and FightMatrix.com ranks her the 2nd best female MMA fighter of all time. I guess Baszler and LaRosa are best of friends and TUF was gracious in not showing Baszler crying and losing it after LaRosa lost.

The promos are saying one of the most shocking endings in TUF show history. Last time they said that was when Uriah Hall thought he killed that guy with that brutal head kick. I wonder what is in store for us.

Strange pick for fight by Rousey taking #1 pick versus #1 pick. Putting Baszler at risk rather than giving her an easy win to keep control.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic