New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - I Rule Primus
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
KnightHospitaller
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 5:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

PurpleSage wrote:
KnightHospitaller wrote:
PurpleSage wrote:
I am slightly confused and would love clarification. Is this just a request for a system whereby warriors can avoid fights and pad their kills or does it actually have some real merit to it??

Nope, nope and I think so. Gives a manager some options for 6-12 months to try something new in a dying game.

So in addition having it as an option whereby if you challenge the DA but you yourself are challenged it deletes your option to challenge the DA. With that modification I don't see how it could be a change that will be abused.

Sincerely Purple Sage

It is just my opinion that this might add some interest to the game. It might not. No one writes personals and challenges are few and far in between in ADM/Primus. People that are worried that people will "hide" from real players are just using that as an excuse. It will never happen anyway so it is a mute point. If the suggestion had came from someone besides me it might have had a chance. Wink

Anyway, the kids finally got me to try WoW. Might be too complicted for me, be then again, if I get the hang of it, it might be my exit.

Knight Protector of Chimlevtal

"I ran Mannequin out of Chimlevtal & Crysalis"

"...Wicked Hospitallers, each full of zeal and without weakness." - Imad-ad-Din, Moslem Chronicler
PurpleSage
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 5:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

KnightHospitaller wrote:
If the suggestion had came from someone besides me it might have had a chance. Wink

Anyway, the kids finally got me to try WoW. Might be too complicted for me, be then again, if I get the hang of it, it might be my exit.

Huh why does it matter if it came from you?

And WOW is fun I did it for a year or more but its an obsecion much stronger than Duel. It is a real time suck. Once you get up in level you have these daily quests you feel driven to do and you try to find ways to quickly complete them. Also any of the big quest stuff requires united multi-player involvement and huge blocks of time. Its not like Duel where you can do the strategies for one warrior set it aside plow the garden then get back to it.

Have fun though I really enjoyed myself for awhile. Got my 70th level guy and enjoyed it.

Sincerly Purple Sage
PurpleSage
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I rule, ,,, Cough not exactly but heck I had a win.

My (Eligible) TP kicked an Aim-blows buttocks. Yeah thats right my eligible..Not even a contender. I could be sitting in 100 kicking butt easy but no I came up here to play with the Elite.

Sincerely Purple Sage
PurpleSage
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Another Great day,

I can't believe my elligible many Seasons and my Contendor Katana had a win in Primus. Yeah I rock LOL. I am retiring Many Seasons for a moment. He can rest on his laurels.

Sincerely Purple Sage
Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think my Primus record is an glorious 0-6. Figure I'll do some more experimenting the lower ranks before venture into there again, most especially with the types of warriors that I like to run.

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Heck I've said it before elsewhere Joe Satriani, my lone Primus guy, ruled 105 with a lone later avenged I believe loss to Kellumbo's Uber-TP had one tourney in Primus. He got 3 FE of Primus learns,before entering Primus arena, and has gone 0-4/5/6 and will wait for at least another Tourney before wading into the kiddie end of the Primus pool.

I will definately say it's virtually DM2/D3 up there. A whole other game to learn in Primus.

If you imagined my Primus guy and my top 4 ADM guys as a new original RU sheet for a start in Primus 80% would tell me to get a new sheet for $5.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a sexy 26-88 record in Primus. I think you just have to resign yourself to the fact that you are going to get kicked around until you get close to maxing out your warriors (or in the case of my Basher, forever). I'm pretty sure I face maxed out warriors frequently and my guys aren't even at the top of Contenders yet skill-wise.
Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, I was pretty sure that I was going to be punching bag and will be again when I get the desire to run in Primus.

I pretty much knew what I was getting into by running my SL anyway. I just wanted to test out the stat training. I think I got 2 trains in 6 fights in a stat that I had been training FOREVER, so I was happy with the results even if the training was at the expense of a good record.

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
MarmaDuke
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Primus most definitely brings the hurt. You just have to grin and bear the butt whooping your demi-gods are going to take until they start maxing out. Hell, i took a 24-1 warrior into Primus and he's gone 8-17 since then.
Curious, why don't we see any DM102 spoilers?

Deviation, State of Mind, Da Dog Powndaz, Pyromania, Rap Attacks, Slamma Jamma

May your blades always be sharp, and your opponents armor always have rust.....
guardian
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

there are plenty of eligible level warriors running in primus i run 2-5 almost every turn , sure some guys will take a beating , but some do just fine , and you cant get to the end if you just stop running when you get close , grim reaver was 26-4 when he hit primus , a year later he was 26-30 3 years after that he was primus champion . ive said it a million times every warrior is different ive seen a 9 will warrior run his will to 25 in 20 fe if seena 17 will warrior take 30 or 40 fe to do the same thing , the worst ive seen is a warrior of mine from more than 12 years ago who still isnt maxxed hes 325 fe never did well in tourneys so its been about 30 or so fe a year and he still needs 7 trains to be done . on the othe rhand ive seen a warrior go from creation to fully maxed in less than 3 years , (15-12-4-13-21-7-12)this guy on the other hand learned like a demon , trained like a demon was pretty bonused and went 10 rounds or more in about every tounrney he was ever in , and in 3 years and around 120 fe was done .

some guys have knack and some dont and some guys knack get them places they shouldnt be too soon and they suffer for it for awhile .

you have uber warrior 93 hes got almost all his skills and needs another 20 stat trains and 2 years ago you gave up on it , if you had kept running him he'd be maxxed and in the primus discussiion now .

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm going to run a bit more in Primus when I get a few more guys to that level. Right now, I only have 1. I like running upper level warriors in packs.

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
fizban9898
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

yeah ive felt the poain ive got one in primus and she is one of my best warriors ever but only 5-14 in primus so far but im going to keep running her may be able to be a contender inside of a year
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic