New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Another Question about skills
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PurpleSage
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

All,

I think I am confused.

What I think I know. you can learn 5 skills in each skill area in Primus extra. You can relearn Burnt skills in Primus used to be a Gateway thing.

What I am confused for sure on. I was told that a warrior if his initial bonus roll in an area is a negative he can learn those skills back. Example. Warrior A is -2 in Attack due to his luck roll on creation. He can learn 2 attack skills in Primus to bring him to 0 or as has been refered to MODE.

Is this true or False?

Sincerely Purple Sage
Kellumbo
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think this is correct.

-DK
Ichabod
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My understanding is that you don't relearn 'hosed' skills. Then again, my guy in Primus is not hosed in any category, so there's no way for me to test it.

The best thing to do, if you don't get an answer from someone who has tested that, would be to transfer in someone who is hosed in some skill category and see how many skills he learns in that area in the end.

Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In old Gateway, there might have been a few bugs that caused some warriors to learn hosed skills so that they were up to mode, but I don't think this is the case anymore.
Ichabod
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

On a side note, what's the minimum stat raise percentage in Primus? I read somewhere that it's 25%, and I'm just coping to confirm or deny, since said warrior missed his train to 25 wit this turn for the 6th time since coming to this arena, which is odd if that is, indeed, the minimum.

PurpleSage
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ichabod wrote:
On a side note, what's the minimum stat raise percentage in Primus? I read somewhere that it's 25%, and I'm just coping to confirm or deny, since said warrior missed his train to 25 wit this turn for the 6th time since coming to this arena, which is odd if that is, indeed, the minimum.

odd but non Improbable. Even though this has nothing to do with the discussion at hand. If each raise is at a 25% chance then for each individual roll you are three times more likly to miss it than obtain it. Chance may average out but betting on it to is why Vegas exists.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Sincerely Purple Sage
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It should still be 25%. (I think the actual number may be like 24.5%, can't really remember)
PurpleSage
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

PurpleSage wrote:
All,

I think I am confused.

What I think I know. you can learn 5 skills in each skill area in Primus extra. You can relearn Burnt skills in Primus used to be a Gateway thing.

What I am confused for sure on. I was told that a warrior if his initial bonus roll in an area is a negative he can learn those skills back. Example. Warrior A is -2 in Attack due to his luck roll on creation. He can learn 2 attack skills in Primus to bring him to 0 or as has been refered to MODE.

Is this true or False?

Sincerely Purple Sage

So Far I believe we have 1 for true who now is ready to change his view and 2 for false who seem firm in their view.

Sincerely Purple Sage
Ichabod
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

PurpleSage wrote:
Ichabod wrote:

odd but non Improbable. Even though this has nothing to do with the discussion at hand. If each raise is at a 25% chance then for each individual roll you are three times more likly to miss it than obtain it. Chance may average out but betting on it to is why Vegas exists.

Sincerely Purple Sage

Actually, very improbable, just not impossible. The odds of missing 6 consecutive 25% chance rolls would be 0.75^6, which comes to 17.8%.

Oh, and thanks, Managerr, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't imagining that minimum.

SwineTiger
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
It should still be 25%. (I think the actual number may be like 24.5%, can't really remember)

Where did these percentages originate? I often see various aspects of the game explained via percentages, but have no idea who provided the source material.

Thanks!

Chase
PurpleSage
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SwineTiger wrote:
Managerr wrote:

Where did these percentages originate? I often see various aspects of the game explained via percentages, but have no idea who provided the source material.

Thanks!

Chase

This has absolutely nothing to do with the thread question about warriors with minus for bonus being able to learn up to mode However so as not to be a party pooper. The only percentages I know of for a fact on stat raises where in regualr Will times 5% for this first raise then it was 1/2 reducing for each additional raise upto 3 was all we thought we could get. Then in AD your first 3 raises instead of your first one were at your full percentage will times 5% then reduced in 1/2 same as regualr. Example 20 will 100% 1st raise in Regualr 50% 2nd raise 25% third and so on down to a minimum of 5%. In AD same warrior 100% first three raises then same reduction. I have been told they raised the minimum in primus to 25%. Now the 24.5% is probably a number they acquired by shere bulk of data but is anactodatal statistics.

But thats reall kool if stat raises are easier in primus. Helps out all the low will guys that where there. Another Boon to a certain style warrior design with less will. Kinda seems like a benefit that really was weird if you ask me. Not some great equalizer more of an accelerator. Thus actually one that would cost RSI money? Hmmmmmmm...

"Food for thought builds better brains"

Sincerely Purple Sage
SwineTiger
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

PurpleSage wrote:
SwineTiger wrote:
Managerr wrote:

Thanks!

Chase

This has absolutely nothing to do with the thread question about warriors with minus for bonus being able to learn up to mode

Correct, but these percentages did enter the discussion which you and other managers then discussed. In any case, your response still didn't address the question of who provided the source percentages, so if anyone knows, please PM me so as not to derail this thread any further.

My apologies,

ST
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Correct, but these percentages did enter the discussion which you and other managers then discussed. In any case, your response still didn't address the question of who provided the source percentages, so if anyone knows, please PM me so as not to derail this thread any further.

RSI gave it out back in the day. It may be on the duel mailing list archives if you wanna look.
PurpleSage
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:

RSI gave it out back in the day. It may be on the duel mailing list archives if you wanna look.

YEP, I think i might find it in writing when i finsh fgoing through all my old paperwork. Thanks Managerr.

Sincerely Purple Sage
P.S. Ichobod it is my fault alos I responded even though I was told that the best thing to do is ignore a cross thread and hope it returns to the original. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic