New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - 2013 NCAA Football
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well we have the first Bowl bid of the year accepted already!

BYU beat Boise State to become Bowl Eligible and will play in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl (BYU v. Pac-12). So come all ye' Mormons, or Cougars fans, get your tickets now for December 27th! Laughing

1 down and only 69 to go! Surprised Shocked Laughing Cool

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I hope there were no Illionis fans watching the game today. Rolling Eyes That was a little ugly but they did get to 128 TY for the game at the end. Rolling Eyes And got a FG.

Sorry no Michigan to watch today so I had to become Sparty. Looks like there is the potential for some top 25 shakeup tonight, and after the Red Raiders go down for the first time!

Furman giving LSU a hard time at halftime. UCLA v Oregon is close so far!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
_Buri_
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

With the Vikings having their worst season in a long time, I can at least take some comfort that our local NCAA team, Fresno State, is having a great year! Really, they've been more lucky than good (which any coach will take), barely beating some teams they should have crushed. Still, they're undefeated and slowly climbing the national rankings, with a soft schedule ahead. I expect they'll go undefeated and end up facing a real top 10 team in a bowl game. QB Derek Carr (brother of David) will get drafted late first round or early second round.

Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not too far from the mark there. He's projected as a 2nd rounder by nfldraftscout.com and they're who I believe in the most. If you look back to the NFL thread I got the Lions 3rd round pick nailed down, Larry Warford. Maybe the Texans will pick him up to replace Matt Schaub and Case Keenum!

I was heartbroken for Mizzou watching that game! The Kicker got Finkle'd on that one that doinked off the goalpost! His holder spun the laces right into the contact point of the ball! Shocked

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Unsportsmanlike Conduct on .....

Geeze somebody had too many cocktails at the party! Laughing

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well both of my, state's, teams took wins but GOOD LORD that Michigan/Northwestern game was just god awful! Although I enjoyed the 8-yard punt NW had from it's own 2 (to their own 10)!!! Laughing

Perhaps they have a scholarship open! I used to punt for about 33-35 yards average in HS (backup punter Freshman year; went back to Soccer next 3 years; I could punt a soccer ball from Goalie Box to Goalie Box on a rare occasion, 94 yards was my longest at practice Razz )

Looks like it's going to be a Sparty/Buckeye(a hairless nut Cool ) finale for the Rose Bowl birth!

Thomas Jefferson
_Buri_
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:

Looks like it's going to be a Sparty/Buckeye(a hairless nut Cool ) finale for the Rose Bowl birth!

I used to go to a lot of Mich St games in the 70s, when my Dad was getting his PhD there. I was in the Boy Scouts, and we did usher duty at the Home games. Sweet deal, we got to go to the games for free, just for telling people where their seats were, and fetching security if any funny business went down. I even got to do Honor Guard once (flag-raising) and sit right ON the field for the rest of the game.
One of the highlights was going to a MSU/Ohio St game, and witnessing a little bit of history when Woody Hayes hit a student after the game!

Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

_Buri_ wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:

I used to go to a lot of Mich St games in the 70s, when my Dad was getting his PhD there. I was in the Boy Scouts, and we did usher duty at the Home games. Sweet deal, we got to go to the games for free, just for telling people where their seats were, and fetching security if any funny business went down. I even got to do Honor Guard once (flag-raising) and sit right ON the field for the rest of the game.
One of the highlights was going to a MSU/Ohio St game, and witnessing a little bit of history when Woody Hayes hit a student after the game!

I was there, with the guys from my band who were students at MSU, when Michigan State beat Michigan; Desmond Howard was SO interfered with!! Exclamation The guy freaking tackles him while the ball is in the air! http://youtu.be/6NORCQnx4ls

It was in Ann Arbor so kids were getting LOADED! Grand River Ave, where most Dorms and on-campus housing is located, was nothing but people for over a mile! There was a "Cedar fest" that night like none there has ever been, before or since! Riot Police all over Cedar Village! They told us, "You can't just stand here keep moving," so both sides of the street would go back and forth, essentially no body going anywhere. Until they got their shields, bean bag guns, and tear gas out!

We need an East Lansing FtF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Exclamation

Thomas Jefferson
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Perhaps the SEC (Slickly Eliminated Chaps) has lost its grip?
Way to go ACC Florida State Seminoles, undefeated national champions!

(A wake will be held at the FTF for all grieving SEC fellows. So sad.) Rolling Eyes Wink

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not upset. Florida State is basically SEC anyway.

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic