The key to successful stakeholder and expectation management is communication. It is interesting to me that, in two weeks, there has not been a single official update to the consumers. A regular or even inaugural post to the site explaining at a high level the current plan and expectations would be well received, if the discussion on Chatzy is any indication.
It seems that the ten minutes required to post something would do a lot. It would, for example:
* Lessen the amount of inquiries from players, which means Lee could concentrate on the problem
* Lessen the sense of players currently that calling up or stopping by is the only way to get information
* Lessen the feeling that only certain people are able to get updates and that the rest of the community is dependant upon peers rather than RSI.
* Lessen the muckraking that flourishes in the absence of informed discussion.
We've always played by RSI's rules, literally and figuratively, so perhaps this approach is not surprising. But we must acknowledge that this sort of outage is unprecedented and thus, perhaps, a different approach by the company is warranted. If I had to guess from the Chatzy discussion, the key questions are:
*. Has data been lost?. The current consensus seems to be "no".
* Assuming an eventual fix of the issue and no data loss, what is the thinking around a restart?. Catch up on all the current missed turns on an accelerated schedule or start with whatever area would have been due at the time of the fix?
* What is the current thinking around the tourney? Delayed or cancelled?
* What is the current thinking around people who busted warriors in anticipation of the tourney? Reset the FE and learns/trains or tough noogies?
Anyway, after two weeks of little, piecemeal or outright misinformation among the consumers, some official information would probably be well received.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum