New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - January 2014 Face-to-face -- who's in?
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The_Mentors wrote:
Looks like i'm going to make this one, thats the good news. The bad news is I was not planning on it so I have very few timed. Do they do the BG's in the winter to?

They sure do.

Not sure when was the last time you did Bloodgames, but they are now teams of 10 DYO warriors, one of each style. $10 to roll up, $49 to enter. They run two different Bloodgames arenas at each FtF. One arena runs all at once, over Saturday night, so you can pick up your results in their entirety on Sunday morning. The other arena runs turn by turn for 10 rounds, and allows for strategy/training changes, bloodfeuds, and avoids.

Just email csr or Sandy with your team name, warrior names, designs and styles, and she can either email you the overviews or mail them to you. Or you can roll them up Friday night at the FtF.
_Buri_
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Has the ADM freeze hit yet? Having just received 100, and with 3 turns left, I wanna know if it's safe to bust 'em out.

The_Mentors
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks OAB. I did make it to Orlando and that was the first time I ran BG. I got slaughted! Hoping to apply some hard earned lessons and fair a little better in Tempe.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

_Buri_ wrote:
Has the ADM freeze hit yet? Having just received 100, and with 3 turns left, I wanna know if it's safe to bust 'em out.

The freeze is supposed to be this coming weekend 12/7-12/8, so while we are unlikely to get minis before the next 100/102 turn, it should be safe to bust. Lee has consistently been doing the ADM freeze six weeks prior to each tourney for the past few years, so I'm planning on going for it.
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rumor has it that the prize could be announced as early as today.
Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One Armed Bandit wrote:

This is a little off topic, but where do you live?
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Longshot wrote:
One Armed Bandit wrote:

New York City.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

New York City would make a sort of nice prize. Are there eleven of it?
If not, I will contribute El Paso, where I am currently staying. Wink

P.S. Enjoy the snow, snow, snow ............................

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One Armed Bandit wrote:
Longshot wrote:
One Armed Bandit wrote:

New York City.

Okay. I was wondering because your messages time stamp was a day head. I thought you were over seas.
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tourney announcements started showing up in the mail, today. TMM got his and relayed this prize information to the crowd in Chatzy:

"The manager of each Tournament Champion will receive an exciting prize: Ten Z.A.P. potions, each of which will reset any one of a warrior's attribute areas: his favorite offensive effort or activity level, weapon, offensive or defensive tactic, or learn; a skill area's base, his damage rating (based on his current SZ/ST), or handedness. Each potion that causes that attribute to be rerolled as if that warrior were being newly created; the roll is reversible so you can choose to keep the new selection or revert to the original. A manager will not learn a basic DM warrior's favorites. Five ZAPPs may be traded for a Super-ZAPP, which will guarantee the optimal roll in that area."
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

One Armed Bandit wrote:
Tourney announcements started showing up in the mail, today. TMM got his and relayed this prize information to the crowd in Chatzy:

"The manager of each Tournament Champion will receive an exciting prize: Ten Z.A.P. potions, each of which will reset any one of a warrior's attribute areas: his favorite offensive effort or activity level, weapon, offensive or defensive tactic, or learn; a skill area's base, his damage rating (based on his current SZ/ST), or handedness. Each potion that causes that attribute to be rerolled as if that warrior were being newly created; the roll is reversible so you can choose to keep the new selection or revert to the original. A manager will not learn a basic DM warrior's favorites. Five ZAPPs may be traded for a Super-ZAPP, which will guarantee the optimal roll in that area."

Nevermind, I didn't read it through before I posted..

Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If I am reading this correctly, you can give one of these Z.A.P potions to a warrior and make their skill base go from a +2 Attack to a possible +4. Is that how it works?
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Longshot wrote:
If I am reading this correctly, you can give one of these Z.A.P potions to a warrior and make their skill base go from a +2 Attack to a possible +4. Is that how it works?

Sure if you ask them to reroll his skill base for Attack and you are currently +2, he could be -4, -3, -2, -1, 0, +1, +2, +3 or +4 depending on the roll.

That is how I read it anyway.

OR you could use 5 potions and guaruntee he is +4. 5 zapps may be traded for a super-zapp which will guarantee the optimal roll in that area, so the optimal roll for a skill base would be +4.

So you could immediately have a +4 attack, +4 defense AB using all 10 poitions. Nice.

_Buri_
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tripwire wrote:

So you could immediately have a +4 attack, +4 defense AB using all 10 poitions. Nice.

I suspect that is exactly how most of them will be used, thus furthering the lack of parity at the top end. It might be more efficient, however, to use them one at a time, like for a good warrior who just happened to get -2 Defense, for instance. Especially if you don't have a barehand AB at the top of Primus.

Assumption:
You could only use the super-zapp for skill base or damage. For the other attributes, rhythm, weapon, etc, either there is no "optimal roll", or they're not gonna tell us what that is.

Questions:
1) If we use a single ZAP for skill base, is RSI going to tell us what the new base number is? I know they've always been very reluctant to tell us these things.
2) What happens if we use a potion and he comes back exactly the same? Mulligan?

One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

_Buri_ wrote:
Tripwire wrote:

I suspect that is exactly how most of them will be used, thus furthering the lack of parity at the top end. It might be more efficient, however, to use them one at a time, like for a good warrior who just happened to get -2 Defense, for instance. Especially if you don't have a barehand AB at the top of Primus.

Assumption:
You could only use the super-zapp for skill base or damage. For the other attributes, rhythm, weapon, etc, either there is no "optimal roll", or they're not gonna tell us what that is.

Questions:
1) If we use a single ZAP for skill base, is RSI going to tell us what the new base number is? I know they've always been very reluctant to tell us these things.
2) What happens if we use a potion and he comes back exactly the same? Mulligan?

I believe 'optimal roll' means result of your choosing within the world of natural possibilities.

So you can use a super-zap to give your AB Fist favorite or Defense favorite learn, but not Very High Activity Level or Dodge tactic, since those do not occur naturally.

So far the consensus seems to be that those two examples above are the most potent super-zaps. As for regular zaps, there has been much debate, but some idea include using a regular zap on a -4 Att or -4 Def warrior. Chances are good that you'll get mode with one use. Zapping particular bad rolls, like unlucky Little damage basic warrior or moderate AL LUs or truly horrible favorite weapons has also been discussed.

All in all, people that I've spoke to seem to have a positive view of the prize. Weaker than 3 favorites potions, weaker than 3 max bonus potions, doesn't allow out of bounds results and is particularly expensive to use on rhythms and tactics, but very flexible and everyone should be able to find a good use for them.
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic