New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - FALL MAILER 2013 ***SPOILERS*** (& comments that might h
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mannequin
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hombre wrote:
Ran into the typical flood of Aimers, but also noticed the ridiculous percentage of bloodgames warriors running around. -

Aimers & Bloodgamers were beneficiaries of the new skill limits for Freshmen. The <150 skill cap gives them more room to shine than the old <135 skill cap did.

"You're a madman!"
"Aye, I've come to the right place then."
Assurnasirbanipal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

One Armed Bandit wrote:
That makes my warriors 1-7 in Freshmen finals fights, with the only victory being over myself.

Seems the clear lesson here is to make sure your warriors have no choice in Freshmen finals and that the only way to lose is to make sure another of your warriors has to win.

My own tourney had it's ups and downs. The vast majority of my squad was Rookies and Dead. I had a surprise dead TV and 2 living TV's. The dead TV will be returning to the grave shortly after I reactivate him (3-3 starting str/con)

Perhaps the highlight of my tourney is an amusing warrior.
He entered the tourney with a career record of 31-31-5-6. Last year was the first time he's survived a dead tourney. This year, he went 0-1-0-1. I can't wait to run him again next year! He may be my single favorite dead guy. I'm really not sure how to root for him, either, when he goes out there!
_Buri_
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My tourney in a nutshell: bad. I only sent 3 live guys, all Lord Protectors, all out in round 5-6, one CN bump total between the lot of 'em.
18 dead, none back: so many 0-2s, I think I set a record. One guy who went 0-2 last time out went 7-3-1 this time... one guy who went 7-3-1 last year went 0-2 this year (at 10FE). Very disappointing, overall. I was trying some different strategies which backfired.
My only consolation is that I saved all my live guys for Tempe... it can't get here fast enough for me!

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Our summary ......................

Live entries - 10
48-26-2-1 .649
2 TVs (Adept SL, Rook ST)

Dead entries - 16
78-44-7-1 .639
1 TC, 2 TVs (Chal TP, Adep BA, Init SL)
got one back for DM47

Total - 26, 5 awards(one TC) .230
126-70-9-2 .643

A pretty good tournament.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am with Buri. I took a licking. I seemed to get the fastest guys in the game. And my aimed blow was scummed a total parry. WTF?!?!?!

I will have to accept that I will never see my dead warriors again. This has also convinced me that I will not bother with the Blood Games in Tempe. Now it's time to add the three skills I picked up and prepare for regular play. Cool

Last edited by Longshot on Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
That makes my warriors 1-7 in Freshmen finals fights, with the only victory being over myself.

Pfft! I have a way worse W/L % in Freshmen finals. Imnota God probably has close to 7 runner-ups himself.
Otto_X
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Longshot wrote:
I will have to accept that I will never see my dead warriors again. This has also convinced me that I will not bother with the Blood Games in Tempe. )

Bah -- Bloodgames is the ONLY game where everyone is on equal footing! Your 17-3-3-21-21-8-11 has just a good a chance as anyone else's.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

After sending in the biggest roster in a long time, mostly a grouping of off-styles and dead guys, I wasn't sure what to expect. I felt like I had a good set of rookies and one or two each from apps, inits, and adepts that could compete, but I've been sorely disappointed before so was trying to temper my expectations.

Overall record for 31 sent was 67-77-2-4 I believe.

I had a bit of a spoiler sent to me courtesy of RSI as well. Got my packet Tuesday but didn't have time to open it. However I noticed another regular letter from RSI had come too. I opened it thinking it was just an arena NL but instead it was a single tournament fight from one of my slashers in inits. Before I quite realized it I had looked at the fight and saw my guy was sitting at 8-1-0 going into it, and he won this fight too! I was overjoyed to see that my first slasher TV was, at long last, in the bag, but a little miffed that it had been given away by RSI themselves no less!

I read thru my tournament Wednesday, confident I had one TV under my belt. When I got to the warrior in question, Verisimilitude of Big Words!, I skimmed thru and got to the runoffs. Next fight after the one I saw, he was promptly killed at 9-2-0 and the dream of a SL TV was suddenly gone. I've never had a guy die in runoffs before (since I rarely get there in the first place) and it was a real kick in the gut.

I did have one surviving TV in rookies, Iomi of Immortal Metal. He was a striker I threw in last minute, went 8-3-1, but I hardly cared at that point. This is the striker rollup I posted a couple months ago, BTW.

Most of my dead guys got pasted, but my two AB's from Sunset surprised me, one going 5-3 in champs with 21FE and the other starting off 5-1 in apps before ending at 6-3. My slasher in dead challengers went his usual 0-2 and couldn't have lost any quicker doing it.

My slasher, Soulstice, in Sunset went a respectable but disappointing 5-3 at top of adepts after sitting him out to time for way too long. The extra skills will definitely help out in the arena though!

Had two decent rippers and another double 21 AB bite the bullet, aside from my lost slasher.

That's it, congrats to the TV's and TC's!

Last edited by Stik on Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Otto_X
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dude, that's harsh! If it's any consolation, I still consider TVs who die in the runoffs to be TVs.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Stik wrote:
I read thru my tournament Wednesday, confident I had one TV under my belt. When I got to the warrior in question, Verisimilitude of Big Words!, I skimmed thru and got to the runoffs. Next fight after the one I saw, he was promptly killed at 9-2-0 and the dream of a SL TV was suddenly gone. I've never had a guy die in runoffs before (since I rarely get there in the first place) and it was a real kick in the gut.

Condolences... I had a SL die at 9-0-0 several years ago at the F2F (the only undefeated at the time), and believe me, it's worse in person.

Visionst01
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Got my expected ugly results. Sent in 6 dead, who went 5-13.

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
Clan Longbeard in DM 81 Shadowspire
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic