New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104513

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Turn 730
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Did somebody just hit 800 wins????

Congrats to Stik and his Fandango dancers!
Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Congrats Stik!

Plan now for 40 straight 5-0 turns and you can hit that 1K mark in no time!

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Congrats Stik on a momentous occasion and you had a 4-1 to boot, nice turn.

I went 4-1 as well, held onto the throne as well as kicking Deep off the current top team. Centaurian has another column to write....I may have to proof this one Rolling Eyes

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Congrats to my boy Stikkie! When win #1 occurred could you have foreseen this coming oh so many years later? My Tobir team is approaching the same mark (778) and I can hardly believe it. For a "Micro-manager" it is quite a feat!

If I knew I could guarantee continued play I'd make a bet on who can get to 1,000 wins first (considering I'm in a small arena we're fairly well handicapped at this point)! Instead I'll offer you this:

Last one there's a Rotten Egg! Laughing Cool Laughing

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow, thanks for all the congrats gentlemen! Got my eye on 1000 though. Since the Sunset renaissance of recent years, you have all jacked up the competition level and wins are not easy to come by either! The last 200 or so have been an uphill slog! But since the day I came back to Sunset and started this, my third team here, I have been committed to stay and play as long as I am in the game and RSI keeps running it. So, forge ahead!

I was very happy to get the 4-1 this turn and get over the hump, that's for sure! Still don't quite know how Sevn lost, should've been 5-0, but hey can't be too picky!

Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

1,000 might be the goal, but 800 is still pretty good. And with two other teams that were here before Fandango, might you not already have 1,000 manager wins here? Not the same I know, but still . . . .

As for the Tribe, a solid if unspectacular 3-2.

Just one major complaint. How does a 5 FE Freshmen get bloodfeuded by a 20 FE (minimum) challenger champ and learn only ONE skill??!! I was sure he'd lose a bloodfeud this round so that loss was expected (Will DRI keep bloodfeuding? The death was an accident.) but it isn't like Traevenmore is dumb. A 17 with that has been learning fairly well. And he gets one skill out of it? That was the one likely benefit of the dang kill. Oh well.

Anybody know who runs the returning ancient team call Destiny? A team number of 82 is pretty impressive, even if the team/warrior records are not. Perhaps they deserve some welcomes in the Ads.

Dragonbane Guild(81)
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nomad wrote:
1,000 might be the goal, but 800 is still pretty good. And with two other teams that were here before Fandango, might you not already have 1,000 manager wins here? Not the same I know, but still . . . .

Just one major complaint. How does a 5 FE Freshmen get bloodfeuded by a 20 FE (minimum) challenger champ and learn only ONE skill??!! I was sure he'd lose a bloodfeud this round so that loss was expected (Will DRI keep bloodfeuding? The death was an accident.) but it isn't like Traevenmore is dumb. A 17 with that has been learning fairly well. And he gets one skill out of it? That was the one likely benefit of the dang kill. Oh well.

From the (In)Famous Duelmasters Red Book ©1984.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The primary factor in learning skills is a high WT. Damage taken during a fight can have a variably positive or negative effect on what your warrior learns. Warriors with a high WL attribute have a greater chance to learn from their mistakes. Losing a fight reduces your chances to learn; winning a fight increases your chances to learn. Longer fights increase your chance to learn. Close fights increase your chance to learn. Fighting more experienced warriors can teach you much, while fighting a warrior much less experienced than yourself reduces your learning chances. Fighting against any of the top 11 fighters increases your chances to learn. The skill learning average is one skill per character, per attempt.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An interesting note, that I found on this sites rules as well, is this: A character's WL is the primary factor in increasing attribute points.

I wonder what the other factors may be? Is there stuff in the warriors "data file," sometimes called the warrior's "string," that effects stat trains (e.g. luck)?

There's another statement that points to hidden stuff besides what the sheet tells us, and beyond favorites that we can learn, discussed in the questions to the game designer referencing popularity: "It is in your character's data file to be talkative or not."

Hmmmm the infamous, long rumored, "Blood Lust" stat anyone?

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Archelf
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ben you keep those freaks away from me. When guys I have should pummel some of you guys and then ones which should have lost end up winning I have no idea what to think. Ahh well if you want a war I get stick and nomad on my side haha. You cant have em. =P

Archelf
ragnarokwolf
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nomad wrote:

Anybody know who runs the returning ancient team call Destiny? A team number of 82 is pretty impressive, even if the team/warrior records are not. Perhaps they deserve some welcomes in the Ads.

I didn't send a BF this turn. I thought about it though.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Archelf wrote:
Ben you keep those freaks away from me. When guys I have should pummel some of you guys and then ones which should have lost end up winning I have no idea what to think. Ahh well if you want a war I get stick and nomad on my side haha. You cant have em. =P

Archelf

Which team is yours? So I can avoid of course Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic