New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104512

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Nooblish
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pbem123
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, all -

Am brand new to D2 and was wondering if someone could take a moment to field a couple of basic questions?

1. Was "blessed" with a guy with a 3 deftness and did not raise this stat....oops. Also he is a basher...oops.... Sooo...what is the DA and how to I make this guy disappear and get a new guy?

2. Can you get more than 5 guys in your "stable" of gladiators?

3. RSI sent me a newsletter and the 5 guys I had started with my sign-up sheet. Do I send a turn in now or wait for some sort of "position overview report? and then send in a turn?

4. Is there any management of yous gladiator school, money, facilities, etc, or is it just the gladiators themselves you manage?

Thanks in advance for taking the time!
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

pbem123 wrote:
Hi, all -

Am brand new to D2 and was wondering if someone could take a moment to field a couple of basic questions?

1. Was "blessed" with a guy with a 3 deftness and did not raise this stat....oops. Also he is a basher...oops.... Sooo...what is the DA and how to I make this guy disappear and get a new guy?

3. RSI sent me a newsletter and the 5 guys I had started with my sign-up sheet. Do I send a turn in now or wait for some sort of "position overview report? and then send in a turn?

4. Is there any management of yous gladiator school, money, facilities, etc, or is it just the gladiators themselves you manage?

First off WELCOME TO D2!!!

There are 2 very experienced managers that run in Noblish Island for the explicit reason to help you noobs. Answer tons of questions. Write articles (spotlights). Help you get your feet wet. So have no fears, maybe a little fear. We here will help tons too as well. I suggest you log onto the Chatzy site for quick answers and live D2 chat. Tons of help: http://www.chatzy.org/m/42003746228981

As for your questions:

1. 3DF is not as bad as you may think especially with a BA, of course it all depends on the rest of the numbers. The DA stands for Dark Arena. The Dark Arena is for you to send a warrior to die so that you can get a replacement roll up warrior (RU). On your strategy sheet (strat sheet) you can write DARK ARENA in the "CHALLENGE" section. You can send the warrior with or with out a strategy (strat), RSI will run it either way (for DAs only)

2. No

3. Send in your strats now, they will run the next time the arena processes. You will not appear in the Newsletter (NL) until after you fight your first turn. Then you will be ranked with everyone else. Also, a warrior can NOT challenge anyone unless he is listed in the NLthe turn before, with the exception of the DA. A warrior can challenge the DA on any turn.

4. It is just the warriors you manage. Any manager name you come up with for yourself is all on you. You can use it to communicate to other managers by their manager name. Mine is Gentleben. You can write Personal Ads (PAs) and they will appear in the NL below the rankings.

You'll get the hang of it. You may notice a box that says "Notify me when a reply is posted" just above the SUBMIT button. If you check that box you will get an email when someone posts on your post such as this.

Good luck and I hope to see you on chatzy. Also, when you finish your training time here in Noblish, you are welcome to transfer or start a new team in almost any arena. I hope to see you in either DM-21 SUNSET, or DM-32 ARVAT or both Very Happy

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

pbem123 wrote:
Hi, all -

First off WELCOME TO D2!!!

There are 2 very experienced managers that run in Noblish Island for the explicit reason to help you noobs. Answer tons of questions. Write articles (spotlights). Help you get your feet wet. So have no fears, maybe a little fear. We here will help tons too as well. I suggest you log onto the Chatzy site for quick answers and live D2 chat. Tons of help: http://www.chatzy.org/m/42003746228981

As for your questions:

1. 3DF is not as bad as you may think especially with a BA, of course it all depends on the rest of the numbers. The DA stands for Dark Arena. The Dark Arena is for you to send a warrior to die so that you can get a replacement roll up warrior (RU). On your strategy sheet (strat sheet) you can write DARK ARENA in the "CHALLENGE" section. You can send the warrior with or with out a strategy (strat), RSI will run it either way (for DAs only)

2. No

3. Send in your strats now, they will run the next time the arena processes. You will not appear in the Newsletter (NL) until after you fight your first turn. Then you will be ranked with everyone else. Also, a warrior can NOT challenge anyone unless he is listed in the NLthe turn before, with the exception of the DA. A warrior can challenge the DA on any turn.

4. It is just the warriors you manage. Any manager name you come up with for yourself is all on you. You can use it to communicate to other managers by their manager name. Mine is Gentleben. You can write Personal Ads (PAs) and they will appear in the NL below the rankings.

You'll get the hang of it. You may notice a box that says "Notify me when a reply is posted" just above the SUBMIT button. If you check that box you will get an email when someone posts on your post such as this.

Good luck and I hope to see you on chatzy. Also, when you finish your training time here in Noblish, you are welcome to transfer or start a new team in almost any arena. I hope to see you in either DM-21 SUNSET, or DM-32 ARVAT or both Very Happy

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
Otto_X
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to the addiction! I hope you enjoy it. Pretty much all the experienced players are more than willing to help noobs learn the ropes. When you're finished in Noblish Island, I'd recommend transferring to DM32. They have an unwritten rule not to pick on new players.

And don't forget to pick a name for yourself!

P.S. Shut up about Arvat, Gentleben. Laughing

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Duelmasters (yeah, I know, D2... but most of us old-timers still think of it and refer to it by the old name).
It's a game that is both simple and complex at the same time. Your first warriors typically aren't going to be stellar, but it won't take long for you to make some decent ones with a little learning.
Recommended reading is on http://www.terrablood.com/duel-ii-formerly-known-as-duelmasters/, there's even an article there that I wrote over 15 years ago.
Feel free to post your rollups here, in the rollup section of the forums, if you want advice on designing them. Be sure to include your own design ideas to help the process.

pbem123
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks very much, guys!

Will be running the Ludus Virtus, am pondering a name for the Dominus.

I think I have some ideas for my 3 DFT basher - I'm actually gonna try to win with him before discarding - should be fun!
Lugal_gg
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

pbem123 wrote:
Thanks very much, guys!

Will be running the Ludus Virtus, am pondering a name for the Dominus.

I think I have some ideas for my 3 DFT basher - I'm actually gonna try to win with him before discarding - should be fun!

Having fun and enjoying the fights, drama are what is important. Welcome and good luck.

Otto_X
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here's an old-school pro tip: Don't check your results online before you get your fights. Read them when you get them. It's much more exciting that way.

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum