New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22255

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Dark Arena - A supplemental - Rocanis Turn #624 - Volumn 2
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Grimwood
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dark Arena supplemental

Victory! The Free Blade Merchant Guilds plot to upheave the current Duelmaster of Rocanis has succeeded. General Pol of the Skull Squadron stable now sits on the throne. However, this has not gone unnoticed by the Gladiatorial Commission and even now events are unfolding to challenge this Rirorni usurper.

General Pol sat in Khel Rojida’s office, Rocanis’ arena manager. Under normal circumstances, Pol wouldn’t have even bothered answering the summons and if it was important, Khel could come to him. However, the Free Blade Merchant Guild, had engineered his induction into an inactive stable, Skull Squadron, and arranged he would match up with the previous Duelmaster. His subsequent defeat of Swytai of Grizzled Veterans on the sands earned him the title. Pol assumed this was a formal ‘congratulations’ for him winning the throne.

The interior room looked like a residence. Lining a shelf along one wall was a wide variety of goblets and mugs that must have come from every city in Alastari. Three strategically placed cases displayed faded ribbons and plaques, so a guest could easily see the owner's accomplishments. A fireplace provided heat. In the center of the room was a large table with parchments scattered all over it, and more on the shelves behind it.

The door opened and an older, well-dressed Rocani entered. He was bald except for a fringe of short grayish hair on the sides and back of his head, and a neatly trimmed beard. He wore a full-length dusty beige tunic with upturned oversized cuffs and loose-fitting, oversized linen trousers with a gold sash around his waist.

“General Pol, on behalf of the Gladiatorial Commission, congratulations on becoming Duelmaster of Rocanis,” Khel said as he sat down behind his desk.

Pol nodded in appreciation.

“Now that the pleasantries are out of the way, would you be so inclined to tell me what game you are playing?”

Pol sat back in his seat and stroked his mustache down to his chin. He liked the direct nature of Khel, something the Rirorni respected. However, he was not inclined to tell Khel anything.

“I think it is obvious what game I’m playing.”

Khel narrowed his eyes and leaned back in his chair in anticipation.

“Duelmasters.”

“So General, we are to dance then,” Khel said, as he clasped his hands and leaned against his desk. “I have a dilemma of determining exactly how a Rirorni Warlord rides into Rocanis, walks into my arena, and ‘randomly’ matches up against the Duelmaster, and defeats him on the sands?”

“I believe it is every gladiator’s ambition to become the Duelmaster. Is there something out of place regarding my gladiatorial submission?” Pol asked.

Khel grabbed several sheets of paper and quickly sorted through them, before placing them back on the desk. “No, everything is perfect…perfect. What is ‘out of place’ is that no one’s paper work is ever perfect.”

“There’s a first for everything,” Pol commented.

“Perhaps, but you are causing me problems General. I’ve already received a formal protest from Swytai about your last duel.”

“It sounds like that is your problem.”

“No, I can ignore the protest, as the paper work wasn’t filled out…perfectly. However, I now have the task of determining what do with you,” Khel replied.

“I do not take threats lightly,” Pol said bracing his hands on his knees.

“No, I’m above that,” Khel said and then pushed an envelope towards him.

“I’m not for sale and you can’t get rid of me.”

“Oh, I think someone else has already determined your price and I can get rid of you,” Khel said as his eyes moved from Pol back to the envelope.

Pol snatched the envelope from Khel’s desk. It was heavy with a red, wax seal with the imprint of a crooked wand.

As Pol began to open the letter, Khel began reciting, “From the Gladiatorial Commission I bring you greetings. Know that it is in praise of your courage and in recognition of your proven skill at arms—“

Pol threw the paper down and cut him off. “You’re giving me an invite to the Isle of the Eye? You’re making me an Alastarian Lord Protector?”

“Yes, Shelia Greywand has already been informed of your arrival to the Isle of the Eye.”

“You can’t do this!”

“I already have. This is for notification purposes only. By right, you’ll have one more fight in the city, but then you are gone General Pol. I would suggest you rehearse whatever story you want to tell your benefactor. I have a feeling they will not be pleased.”

Pol wanted to leap across the desk and strangle Khel, but as a career soldier, he knew he’d been outmaneuvered. There was nothing he could do!

Pol then calmed himself. There was nothing he could do, but take all the gold the Free Blade Merchant Guild gave him and ride back to his men on the Rirorni plains. He then smiled at Khel, stroked his mustache, and then left his office.

Later that evening…

Khel was working late into the night when there was a light rapping on his door. Considering his earlier encounter with the Rirorni general, he slowly reached for his short sword he kept under his desk. Rising, an envelope slid under the door’s crack. Khel moved for the entrance and opened it. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a figure turn around the corner of a building, casting a shadow of a women’s silhouette. Looking down, it was a turn sheet for a warrior, filled out perfectly in the same neat handwriting he’d seen before. It was the next strategy sheet for General Pol. What caught his eye was whom General Pol would be challenging the next turn. The Dark Arena.

Khel thought to himself, it seems I’m not the only one done with General Pol.
Grimwood
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As this is a active forum, I just wanted to write a quick note that if the latest DA supplemental drops, they will be under the "In Character Role Playing" index.

Enjoy!
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum