New Yesterday: 2
Overall: 22263

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Now that's a Horse of a Different Color
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SonsofSwords
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:

It is confirmed that a mgr can move a team from a closed arena to another arena, even though that manager may have anther team there. Both teams can be run, and warriors of those teams , under the same manager ID, cannot fight each other.

The above is what Sandy from RSI told me, as well, in my emails to resurrect these old teams of mine.

I've probably bugged her/him(?) to death but I have one set of questions left to be answered...does my team ID # change, and warrior ID#s change in these moves--I've already moved them. I imagine they would. I'd need them before I can mail in these really old turnsheets, right?
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

SonsofSwords wrote:
The Consortium wrote:

It is confirmed that a mgr can move a team from a closed arena to another arena, even though that manager may have anther team there. Both teams can be run, and warriors of those teams , under the same manager ID, cannot fight each other.

The above is what Sandy from RSI told me, as well, in my emails to resurrect these old teams of mine.

I've probably bugged her/him(?) to death but I have one set of questions left to be answered...does my team ID # change, and warrior ID#s change in these moves--I've already moved them. I imagine they would. I'd need them before I can mail in these really old turnsheets, right?

You will get (should get) new profile sheets for each warrior with new team # and new warrior IDs reflecting that arena.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
SonsofSwords wrote:
The Consortium wrote:

You will get (should get) new profile sheets for each warrior with new team # and new warrior IDs reflecting that arena.

Sandy (a she) can send you an email copy of the new overviews if asked.

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
SonsofSwords
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

21st Century vernacular lost on a 20th Century player...

What does "burning" a warrior mean?

Does this rollup seem to fit that category?
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I would recommend that you read the great info collected in the "New and Returning Members" forum:

http://www.reality.com/duel2/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=35

In particular, the thread titled "Dueltorial - An Ever Evolving Glossary" should help you with any terms that you encounter that you are unfamiliar with:

http://www.reality.com/duel2/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3760
SonsofSwords
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One Armed Bandit wrote:
I would recommend that you read the great info collected in the "New and Returning Members" forum:

http://www.reality.com/duel2/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=35

In particular, the thread titled "Dueltorial - An Ever Evolving Glossary" should help you with any terms that you encounter that you are unfamiliar with:

http://www.reality.com/duel2/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3760

Ah, I see. Thanks OAB.
SonsofSwords
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, it's done. For the first time since Summer/Fall of '98, I've mailed-off a turn for DM/D2.

If there's one goal I'd like to reach returning to D2 it's to graduate a warrior of every style. I only have three to go--PL, AB, PR. I've had some really great PL and AB, only to see them die at the Champions level, some winning as high as 65%.

And, checking the old records, I've never run a PR. Not once. I'll have to remedy that.

Of all my graduates, I think my Blood Games Basher, that went 7-3-5, and made it to ADM is my proudest achievement.

See you on the sands, one and all.
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SonsofSwords wrote:
Well, it's done. For the first time since Summer/Fall of '98, I've mailed-off a turn for DM/D2.

If there's one goal I'd like to reach returning to D2 it's to graduate a warrior of every style. I only have three to go--PL, AB, PR. I've had some really great PL and AB, only to see them die at the Champions level, some winning as high as 65%.

And, checking the old records, I've never run a PR. Not once. I'll have to remedy that.

Of all my graduates, I think my Blood Games Basher, that went 7-3-5, and made it to ADM is my proudest achievement.

See you on the sands, one and all.

Excellent, and which sands/arenas will these be?

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
SonsofSwords
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

gentleben wrote:

Excellent, and which sands/arenas will these be?

Jade Mountain, and later on I'd like to visit my home arena, Lapur, which was a great arena for RP and highly competitive "back in the day." It looks like there's still a few familiar faces in Lapur.
_Buri_
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SonsofSwords wrote:
_Buri_ wrote:
I just had this rollup recently; I went 5-10-14-9-21-4-21 AB... he went 5-3-0 in the rookies, then 1-1-dead in the Apps.

Thanks for that info, Buri.

I'm probably out of the loop quite a bit, but doesn't that low Wit-7/9 effect his skill learning? Would it be better to make him Wit-13 during creation for better long term skill learning? In other words, wouldn't he soon surpass the 7 Wit rollup in Skills in around 10-12 fights?

Yes, it certainly does affect skill learns to have that low a wit. But I see it like this: if you don't have 17 or 21 WT these days (sometimes 15 for defensives), then you're behind the curve anyway. This is not the kind of fighter who's going to improve your basic arena W/L record. The idea behind this kind of fighter is ADM potential. When he finally gets all/most his skill learns years from now, he will then be on the same level as everyone else around him, but he'll have that 21 WL to raise stats very easily. WL and DF will be at 25 quickly, and you'll get a ton of skills just raising WT from 9 to 13. This is commonly referred to as "busting out", usually timed for a tourney.

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic