New Yesterday: 3
Overall: 22261

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Turf War X Scoring Notes (Spoilers) & Champ Status
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Assurnasirbanipal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Scoring Changes as of Friday, Feb 12-
Khisanth has yet to declare his team correctly. This was communicated in several ways to him well before now. Therefore, KGGP scored without his team and their corrected score is 67 points.

Floyd/El Camino:Hot Sauce's champion was incorrectly entered in the scoring spreadsheet as being eligible for Champ points and the newsletter score incorrectly gave him 3 points. AM's corrected score is 52 points.

Duelmaster Downchallenge
Natural B. Killers 2 was listed as having a DC. Since his warrior was the Duelmaster, the report is incorrect. Note that the scoring algorithm was correct and DEVOUT CHRISTIAN DID get credit for winning as a champ.

Champion Status
The newsletter report incorrectly showed any team with a champion on it with an '!' in their record. Going forward, only teams who had a champion AND won will get this exclamation mark in their record. Again, the scoring except as listed above was correct.

Further, the current status of champions that we, the moderators have is as follows. Note that many champs that have been declared are not eligible for scoring on turn 1 (They had not yet fought their first fight in North Fork). We have changed the rules so none of these champs need to be redeclared.

Warrior Name Warrior ID Team Turn # to start
JACK O'LANTERN 2762 ROYAL FLUSH 1
DEVOUT CHRISTIAN 5321 NATURAL B. KILLERS 2 1
HOMIE D. CLONE 5546 LIFE'S LESSONS 1
DOOM SLINGER 6335 BAAL'S MINIONS 1
WARRIOR WIGHT 7978 SPECTRAL STEEL 1
LION 8020 LAND OF OZ 1
VICKY MENDOZA 8048 GAS MONKEY 1
DRONE A1 8097 TOLBINS HIVE A 1
SUPERSIZE ME 8110 FAST FOOD 1
THE DOCTOR 8142 D.A. REJECTS 1
LATE OR EARLY 8183 LES TURFISTES 1
DEL ICIOUS 8221 GARBAGE PAIL KIDS 1
O'JAY 8291 MENTOR'S MISFITS 1
GASEOUS CLAY 8516 OTTODROME TW 1
THUGGER JAX 8524 BIG LAKE MAULERS 1
LOW KEY 8571 DEITYS OF CHAOS 1
STINK FACE 8688 HOWLIN MAD 1
WARGRATH 8735 KAOS! 1
AETHER MARINE 8755 WEIRD ALCHEMY 1
BOODFIRE 8559 THE WILD HUNT 2
PEANUT BLUBBER 8624 SHEWISH DINER 2
RICE & BEANS 8667 EL CAMINO:HOT SAUCE 2
CONVERSATION 8672 INQUISITION 100 2
AGENT 99 8694 SECOND BANANAS 2
SEX (I'M A) 8704 80'S DISCO 2
LACK OF HYGIENE 8754 BIKER LIFE 2
OODLES OF TALENT 8795 BIG LAKE GROOVE 2
RICK 8810 RICK AND MORTY 2
DIGITAL POP 8864 MAILIN MADNESS XXVII 2
LePentarque
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Not so bad Very Happy but... but... is Khisanth ok for the next turn, or will we punished again on the next turn ? The name of his team seems obvious, yet rules are rules, you are right.
Khisanth
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I declared serpents hold that I would transfer in and run.. How is that not a clear declaration? I chatted with Wayne in chatzy and he said I was good to go.. Not understanding...
Khisanth
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I had a warrior from my previous TW graduate and run his last turn the turn prior to this or my turn would have arrived earlier..
Khisanth
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I declared twice last turn.. That a serpents hold would join the arena, join kggp and signed it khisanth... Need it noterized?
Khisanth
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And if my warning was in the previous turns newsletter, there was a mistake in your warning to our whole team.. You said needs DM, when DM isn't stated anywhere in the things that needed to be done...error on your part?
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Khisanth, you DID indicate a new Serpent Hold team would be forthcoming.
That is not considered a declaration.
Rather, you advised all to look for the declaration of a new team.
But you did not declare what specific team would join that alliance.
You must "declare" matching your manager and the specific team to that alliance.
This rule was made very specific some time ago as certain managers had multiple teams and/or switched teams creating challenging confusion/scoring confusion and then demanding the points.
I (we) are sorry that you assumed that your stating that "I will have a different team" was a declaration.
We really must stay firm with this ruling.
Hence, to score you will need to declare your specific team to the alliance. If that declaration occurs in the next newsletter, that team will be scored in round 2.
Oz on behalf of the TWX coordinators

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Khisanth wrote:
I declared serpents hold that I would transfer in and run.. How is that not a clear declaration? I chatted with Wayne in chatzy and he said I was good to go.. Not understanding...

In chatzy Wayne did say that yes you could change teams as long as the declaration was in the newsletter. You are confusing saying you will have a different team with declaring a team.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

LePentarque wrote:
Not so bad Very Happy but... but... is Khisanth ok for the next turn, or will we punished again on the next turn ? The name of his team seems obvious, yet rules are rules, you are right.

I tried to cover that fully in my response to Khisanth, LP.
Yes, he does need to declare.
And we are all sorry this happened.

Khisanth
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not true. You did not tell me in chatzy I needed to redeclare.. If you had I would have re-declared. You are wrong sir.. On to turn 2..
LaGuillotine
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, I am jumping in on this current discussion as KGGP team captain, as all this actually doesn't seem very fair nor rational to me in a friendly game & contest event, but rather an "administrative confusion"...

on turn 363: Khisanth declared in the NL that "a Serpents Hold team (not yet in this arena will be joining KGGP for the upcoming TW!"
on turn 364: there is a Serpents Hold II team joining in, and there are NO OTHER SERPENT HOLD teams in the arena.

There is no possible confusion with only one team in the arena being a SERPENTS HOLD so the issue here is that of a speficially phrased formal declaration.

So what can we think of this, when a sanction applies AFTER the turn is run, and while Khisanth believed after he had discussed with Wayne the Organizer that everything was good to go?

Sorry, but this all looks very unfair. As I see it, both Khisanth and Wayne have not been clear, and it is now Khisanth and the whole KGGP team which is penalised after a great turn.

This is a game and a friendly contest, and this whole issue looks like an administrative incident which can easily be ignored since we all acted in good faith and noone even complained about it.

A fair ruling would be to both accept that you were unclear in the proceedings and the info about the proceedings (the discussion between Wayne and K is th extra ingredient making the declaration statement unclear) and use it as a warning rather than penalize straight away a whole team effort played, again, in good faith and friendly spirit...

Weird Alchemy (DM 8 and 47), Kiss My Axe (DM10), New Misfits (DM 28 ), Whammo & Thudda 4u! (DM 31), The Delirium Rules (DM 32), New Originals (DM 39), Going Berserk (DM 45), Cosmic Farce (DM 50), Freedom Farce (DM 52), Nexus 5 (DM 59), Space Action 99
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Rumor is that Oz, Darque, and Assur are behind closed doors in the management conference room in The Consortium's Emerald City castle near North Fork. Fandil The Wise (Ardivent) was asked to cast both the OPEN THY MIND and the FAIR PLAY spells prior to the proceedings. It is assumed the three will re-emerge after all the food and wine are disposed of. (Note that Oz has refused the wine and asked for Tab instead,)

Futher reports are expected perhaps later today or tomorrow.

Darkheart
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As captain of a competing alliance it seems obvious that SERPENTS HOLD II was NOT declared at any point. If we begin ruling on intent rather than action this will open a whole new can of worms including a missing Champions declaration from my alliance.

2015 Crapgiver
TWX Champion!

The Holy Legion - DM 10
Obsidian Hall - DM 33
Iron Cathedral - DM 52
Den
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Darkheart wrote:
As captain of a competing alliance it seems obvious that SERPENTS HOLD II was NOT declared at any point. If we begin ruling on intent rather than action this will open a whole new can of worms including a missing Champions declaration from my alliance.

I hate to agree with DD, because he will use it to his advantage every time we talk from this point forward, but I agree 100%.

We had our own declaration issues within the AA and we completed them as required. But, we started this several turns ago to insure everything was done according to the rules. If you wait until the last turn, and have problems, well.....I guess you should have started a little earlier.

We had to adjust our declarations to fit the rules, we did. You should have to do the same. The rules are very specific and easy to follow. If Crambus could figure it out, guessing they can as well.

Disclaimer. The above ad was probably written without malice and likely meant in jest. If you were offended, please understand being offended is a choice that YOU make and has little to do with my comment. Some look for reasons to be offended, some don't.
LaGuillotine
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, but the issue here is not just to have misdeclared but that also Khisanth had checked with Wayne and following their discussion thought it was all good. Hence the confusion or he would have redeclared.

Weird Alchemy (DM 8 and 47), Kiss My Axe (DM10), New Misfits (DM 28 ), Whammo & Thudda 4u! (DM 31), The Delirium Rules (DM 32), New Originals (DM 39), Going Berserk (DM 45), Cosmic Farce (DM 50), Freedom Farce (DM 52), Nexus 5 (DM 59), Space Action 99
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic