New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104511

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Dark Arena – A supplemental – Rocanis Turn #639 – Volume 10
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Grimwood
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Trust no one! Rocanis’ defenses are a shadow of its former self, Rirorni are a common sight within the city’s walls, and the Rirorni Warlord Bannok is on Rocanis’ doorstep. No one is certain which Rirorni will help defend the city or the ones that will help ensure its destruction.

“This piece of bak-ta is spy!” Harbinger exclaimed to Grimwood, manager of the Skull Squadron stable. She then poked Rao hard on the back of his shoulder.

Grimwood roughly translated ‘bak-ta’, as meaning horse excrement, from the Rirorni horsemen tongue of Rathiri. He watched as Harbinger and the Rirorni Mystic stood flanking Rao, who sat in a chair. His eyes glanced nervously to his two stablemates with a look of concern.

“I’ve extended an open invitation to any Rirorni coming to Rocanis a place in my gladiatorial stable.”

“He’s one of Warlord Bannok’s men,” the Rirorni Mystic said.

“Your proof?” Grimwood asked.

Harbinger and the Rirorni Mystic looked to each other in silence for several heartbeats. Harbinger’s brow furrowed in anger.

“Don’t you think it odd that Bannok arrives at Rocanis’ doorstep with a thousand Rirorni and a day later he shows up,” Harbinger said and kicked Rao’s chair.

Grimwood clasped his hands together and then leaned his elbows on his desk. “Did you see Bannok’s forces attack General Pol’s army, which you yourself were part?”

Harbinger said, “No, they weren’t displaying their banners, but I just know--”

Grimwood interrupted, “Did either of you see Rao personally in the attack on General Pol’s army?”

“No,” they said in unison.

“Then you have no evidence that he’s a spy.”

Harbinger growled in frustration.

Rao cleared his throat. “I’ve tried to explain before. I’m only here to train as a gladiator and if the gods of the plains allow, become the Duelmaster of Rocanis.”

“Shut it, “ Harbinger snarled.

Grimwood held up his hand for silence. “Rao hasn’t shown any inclination of being a spy, if anything he’s trained harder than anyone else and his 2-0 start is commendable. He’s first on the sands training in the morning and the last one to leave in the evening. Considering, your recent loss Harbinger, I’d suggest following your stablemate’s example.”

“I can’t believe you’re so-“

Grimwood interrupted, “You are all free to leave my office.”

Rao rose, glanced to his two accusing stablemates, and then nodded to Grimwood. He then left the office, followed closely by the Rirorni Mystic, and closed the door.

Harbinger remained, placed her hands on her hips, and stared hard at Grimwood.

“If there’s nothing further, you are dismissed too.”

Harbinger rolled her eyes, snorted, and turned to leave, but as she touched the door’s latch, Grimwood said, “Keep an eye on him.”
Grimwood
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just bumping to get rid of a non-Duel 2 post off the home screne. Not sure of the point they serve.
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum