New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 22264

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Advice on arenas
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mxyzptlk
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello,

I am currently in Noblish Island. One of the newsletters mentioned picking the approriate arena after Noblish Island. I was hoping to get some advice on that.

I am debating moving to a slow game once my time in Noblish is up. Also, I am the kind of player who enjoys playing the game more than winning (although I do like winning). I am interested in trying out new strategies and having fun.

How do I know which arena is for me? Thanks in advance.
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

First off, welcome to the game! We managers are few but dedicated in this game of Duelmasters (or Duel2 if you must).

I am assuming you have read up on the different factions of Alastari, namely, Delarquan, Free Blades, Andorian, etc. and know the basics of how play is expected in each. But honestly those lines are blurred at this point and most arenas are pretty small these days. I'd pick an arena with at least 10 teams that has some life in it. Look for ads, spotlights and warriors graduating, not too many inactive teams. These are the places you'll get some action!

Most of the slow arenas are doing well, save for Stormcrowe. North Fork has the turf war going on right now, I doubt you'd want to step into that just yet. Just remember with the slow arenas, a month can be a long time to wait for that envelope, especially for a new manager!

Fast arenas, there are a few lively ones left. Sunset (where I run), Niytyole Island, Aruak City, Arvat, there's a few more. Shadowspire is the no-tourney arena, if you don't mind not entering that team's warriors in tournies until they're in ADM.

Whichever one you pick, introduce yourself upon arrival, don't be shy about asking for help or advice, most will give it, and enjoy the bloodletting!

One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There are a number of good options, but here are my suggestions:

If you are looking for a slow arena, DM-8 and DM-31 look like the best options. Both have a healthy number of teams and good interaction with personal ads and team spotlights. Because the arenas run roughly two weeks apart, you could run a team in each arena and get mail every two weeks.

If you are looking for a fast arena, DM-21 looks like the best one running right now, hands down. A single team in DM-21 will probably provide the most bang for your buck if you don't feel like starting a second team.

Welcome to the game!
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Great input from some veterans!

As one of your mentors in DM93, I will offer some additional thoughts:

If you greatly enjoy the game, and are interested in the spotlights and personals along with the fighting (and hopeful winning), then the slows offered above are super. DM8 is Andorian-like and greatly frowns on downchallenging and caters to helping newbies, rather than stomping them. DM31 has some wonderful written interactions, but is more of a cutthroat environment. I would also add in DM47, the current largest arena, due to the Turf Wars event, which will end in three months or so. But you can still join in the fights.

If you decide on a fast arena, then many Noblish grads gravitate to DM11. It is fairly large, caters to new players, and is VERY Andorian. It has a lot of personals and some fine, but friendly managers.

No matter which you chose (especially if any of the above) The Consortium has a team there and will be glad to help, assist, answer questions to foster your continues learning started on Noblish Isle.

8- Smithsonian; 11- Bulldogs; 31-Useful Weapons; 47- Land Of Oz

P.S. If you want to try something smaller and more personal, visit us also in 30 or 46.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
mxyzptlk
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks a bunch.
Manta
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

21,33,32,81 are the livelier spots. Consortium is right to mention 11, which is lively enough itself, as very Andorian. There are a few characters out there in other arenas who would take advantage of the rules in non-Andorian ways and make a new manger miserable from time to time, even in the no tourney arena 81. Overall those guys aren't too much to worry about. The arenas mentioned all have their own character. 21 to me is the grittiest. 33 is full of the dark side (enjoyable in its own right). 81 has dipped a little of late but is a well loved arena with stiff "old school" no hidden FE competition. 32 also is a gritty place with a slightly lower population than 21 but with great character in managers like Gentle Ben and The Dark One making up for the slightly lower amount of players. For a new player I would pick, out of all of them, arena 81. Yeah, there are a couple of asses but overall it's a tight little community offering a good challenge and sportsmanship along with some of the real characters in the game. Then spread your wings from there.
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum