New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104512

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Dark Arena – A supplemental – Rocanis Turn #648 – Volume 15
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Grimwood
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Rao of the Skull Squadron stable passed through a group of merchants selling goods that were packing up their wares for the day. Mouthwatering aromas wafted from a nearby building. He looked up and saw a painted sign reading The Wanton Troll hanging in front of a fairly nondescript building. The sign decorated with an illustration of a burnt orange female troll's head swung slightly in the evening breeze. He then noticed his stablemate the Mytori Priest head towards the entrance and raised his arms wide, as if accepting some fate.

A large, orange-skinned female troll rushed out to greet him. The creature was at least six and a half feet tall with long black coarse hair and a bosom that any man would yearn for, except that it was on a particularly hideous troll. The troll grabbed his stablemate in a bear hug, pinning his head between her breasts. She swung his almost limp body back and forth like a doll hugged by a child.

Rao thought, what is he doing? He continued to watch for a few moments and realized the troll wasn’t going to let him go. She’d eventually smother him. Understanding it might not look good to his manager, Grimwood if his least favorite gladiator, told him his favorite, had perished between the breasts of a troll, he stepped towards the overzealous figure.

Sighing and realizing what would happen next, Rao said, “Beulah, I want to pat your fanny."

Beulah released her grip. The Mytori Priest wobbled, gasping for breath, when Beulah placed him back on his feet. Beulah turned around and bent over, sticking out her derriere as far as she could. Rao patted Beulah's behind gently.

"Welcome to the Wanton Troll,” Beulah called out opening the door and shoved them in.

Laughter, music, and the aroma of food greeted them as the door opened, then closed. To the left of the entrance was a bar full of customers. The covered bar had hanging mugs overhead, each with a facial design of a troll. At the end was a small, tapped keg. Larger, barrel sized kegs of ale were stacked in one corner. Round wooden tables were scattered throughout the room. A lone barmaid was rushing taking and delivering orders.

Rao looked for a clean table, but eventually decided to settle for just an empty one. He pulled the Mytori Priest with him, who was still recovering from Beulah’s welcoming grasp.

“What were you doing?” Rao asked pushing aside a few empty mugs on the table.

“I looked like a fool,” Mytori Priest replied.

“Yeah, you did. I thought everyone knew the password to get into the Wanton Troll.”

“No, I looked like a fool on the sands last turn. I go about with this blustering about blood feuding Locky and when I step on the sand, I find Ovechkin. I just stood there slack-jawed expecting Locky and Ovechkin took quick advantage and made short work of me.”

“Well, I was a little surprised myself on how the fight went, especially when you bested him the previous turn,” Rao said.

“I’m embarrassed,” Mytori Priest said and let his head fall on the table with a solid thud. “Ouch.”

“So, you thought you’d end it all by being smothered by Beulah?”

“It sounded good at the time.”

“It was stupid.”

“I know.”

Several heartbeats passed between the two. A barmaid with disheveled black hair came up and asked for their order.

Rao asked, “What’s your special?”

“Flaming Hobbits.”

“Good, two Flaming Hobbits.”

“I don’t drink,” Mytori Priest said.

“You do tonight. Two Flaming Hobbits,” Rao repeated.

The barmaid returned with two round, short, and fat glasses with brown liquor. She touched the surface with a candle and they ignited with a small flame.

Rao blew it out and sipped. The liquor had a smooth taste. Glancing at the Mytori Priest, he noticed a smile as he also drank.

“Good isn’t it. Rocanis has the best brews I’ve ever tasted,” Rao said as he took another drink.

The Mytori Priest swallowed and breathed out deeply. “Yes, more refined than the drinks in the Empire.”

“Agreed. To the Rirorni Empire,” Rao said raising his glass in toast.

“May she ever ride on a young mare,” Mytori Priest said and took a drink.

“Now, on to Locky,” Rao said.

“I’m sure the Men of Steel stable is getting a good laugh about, ‘I’m coming’ remark I made and losing the Duelmaster title to Ovechkin,” Mytori Priest said took another drink.

“Ovechkin is good. There is no shame losing to a good warrior. However, Locky killed two of our stablemates; one your close friend. I suspect he wouldn’t hesitate to do it again.”

The Mytori Priest looked up from his drink and then finished the rest.

Rao continued, “You are the only one with the skills to beat him on the sands. Regardless of what happened at the Gladiatorial Commission office and why the blood feud didn’t go through only the great gods of the plains know. You have a duty to yourself as a Rirorni and this stable to avenge them.”

“I know. I think I’ll be more quite about the blood feud this time without all the fanfare and bluster.”

“Not a bad idea. Besides, I think he already knows Skull Squadron is coming for him.”

Manager - Skull Squadron, Health Alteration Squad, Legion of Death #100
http://markgmanley.wixsite.com/duelmasters
Grimwood
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just a bump to get rid of a non-Duel 2 post off the forum.

Manager - Skull Squadron, Health Alteration Squad, Legion of Death #100
http://markgmanley.wixsite.com/duelmasters
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum