New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22264

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Back onto the sands again!
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rune
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I hope to start in sunset soon, still mulling over which roll up sheet to use.

Long shot, I've been lurking here for a few weeks and already grabbed your book. Still reading through it, but it's fun so far.

Last time I played I setup a website. Thinking about doing that again. I noticed there are lots of newsletters missing from the history, wonder if any of you have been hoarding your newsletters?
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome back. Sorry to break it to you but I plan on Rune-ing your plans of having good turns upon your return. See you in both 33 and 21

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
Rune
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You know what they say about plans...

They don't survive after first contact with the enemy.

Twisted Evil
Manta
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Den wrote:
Manta wrote:
That makes no sense Den. I want you to say whatever you need or want to say. But the whole 'you started it' thing only goes back to what I already stated. Are you willing and ready to advance the conversation yourself? Or will you only belly ache some more?

Alright, I am a pretty damn smart fella, but I have no understanding of what you just posted.

I'll try to write this slowly, so you have a chance of understanding, if you believe that you can bust my chops on here and that I will not respond, well then you are dumber than your posts would insinuate.

No. You aren't. Or at the very least you don't use your intelligence. "I want you to say whatever you need or want to say" means I welcome the response. Not too confusing. You might be a gaslighter? That would to be a surprise. Look up and study how to make an argument Den.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Rune, don't let the miscellaneous "chattiness" unrelated to your topic get to you. Keep the faith!

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Rune
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Consortium! I still remember you as the Wise Old Fandil from Ardivent in the 80s. Smile

I gotta say, the most useful resources I've found since returning have been terrabloods site (of course), and your thread about your graduates on the way to 1000 and beyond. Lots of interesting insight in that thread. Thanks for documenting that journey!

I don't really want to address the troll in my thread, as I'd rather not encourage him. It's like you're having a party, and some uninvited person comes in to pick a fight with one of the people you're talking to, and doesn't even attempt to participate in the fun. I'm sure anything I do/say will only come back at me in some nonsensical way, so I just don't bother.

Anyway! Chatzy has been a cool addition to the game, I've been hanging out there often. Sometimes it's dry, other times Ben complains about losing to Den all the time. Overall, it's quite enjoyable.

I was pretty excited for the mail-in BGs, but life happens - especially to RSI - and I'll just have to wait a bit longer. Anyone have word on the April mail-in? I'm wondering about timing of the cutoff turns.

PS - fun fact - I have a 100% win rate vs Den in 33.
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I too have a 100% win average vs Den in DM-33

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rune wrote:
Thanks Consortium! I still remember you as the Wise Old Fandil from Ardivent in the 80s. Smile

I gotta say, the most useful resources I've found since returning have been terrabloods site (of course), and your thread about your graduates on the way to 1000 and beyond. Lots of interesting insight in that thread. Thanks for documenting that journey!

I don't really want to address the troll in my thread, as I'd rather not encourage him. It's like you're having a party, and some uninvited person comes in to pick a fight with one of the people you're talking to, and doesn't even attempt to participate in the fun. I'm sure anything I do/say will only come back at me in some nonsensical way, so I just don't bother.

Anyway! Chatzy has been a cool addition to the game, I've been hanging out there often. Sometimes it's dry, other times Ben complains about losing to Den all the time. Overall, it's quite enjoyable.

I was pretty excited for the mail-in BGs, but life happens - especially to RSI - and I'll just have to wait a bit longer. Anyone have word on the April mail-in? I'm wondering about timing of the cutoff turns.

Well, Fandil The Wise is certainly one of us and he is still going strong, albeit quite aged. Cool

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Rune wrote:

Well, Fandil The Wise is certainly one of us and he is still going strong, albeit quite aged. Cool

Just a reminder, he said you were old in the 1980s.....that was 30ish years ago so you are old+30ish Wink

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Den
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rune wrote:

Just because I am a stickler when it comes to facts, note that I congratulated you on your first turn. And, of course Womanta cannot shut her troll mouth and hijacked your thread. Yeah, it makes me sad as well. If only she had a little class.

Your fun fact will change quickly, this is a promise, and I won't even down-challenge to make that true.

Disclaimer. The above ad was probably written without malice and likely meant in jest. If you were offended, please understand being offended is a choice that YOU make and has little to do with my comment. Some look for reasons to be offended, some don't.
Den
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

gentleben wrote:
I too have a 100% win average vs Den in DM-33

GB, I don't know if you read online or wait for your fights, but I wait for my fights.

Reading our match-up, you have no idea what a rollercoaster that was. I name a guy the "Gentile Killed" and he is seeking the death of your warrior, and then somehow you turn it around??? Damn it! That would have been the perfect subject for my next spotlight. Instead, I will have to focus again on what a brown-noser and glory-hound Consortium is or something like that. And, nobody really even likes it, but since it can't shut it's mouth, I feel almost compelled to write about it.

Disclaimer. The above ad was probably written without malice and likely meant in jest. If you were offended, please understand being offended is a choice that YOU make and has little to do with my comment. Some look for reasons to be offended, some don't.
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It was a good fight and I was really hoping I would a kitz ya, but twernt the result either of us wanted. To the pain is not ol school enough for us.....to the DEATH!!!!

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Manta
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Rune, don't let the miscellaneous "chattiness" unrelated to your topic get to you. Keep the faith!

Right. Welcome back Rune! Good to have you. See you in 33. I run The Snapperheads. And apologies for hijacking the thread. I was distracted by the fun. Didn't realize I had done so. That was rude of me. Embarassed
KidArcane
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Den wrote:
if you believe that you can bust my chops on here and that I will not respond, well then you are dumber than your posts would insinuate.

I think you mean: "imply". At least, that's what I infer from the post. Wink

Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

KidArcane wrote:
Den wrote:
if you believe that you can bust my chops on here and that I will not respond, well then you are dumber than your posts would insinuate.

I think you mean: "imply". At least, that's what I infer from the post. Wink

LOL, that is cute, and sadly, correct.

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic