New Yesterday: 2
Overall: 22263

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Turn 260
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DeGotti
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I received my turn yesterday! A solid 3-2 with a DA for the Cult! Replacement will be going right back to the recycle pile! I think we are at the large size cycle of replacements as the last 2 have been SZ 15 & 16 with single digit wits!

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

And so the wheel turns, my friends... Razz Haven't seen my turn yet, but it looks like Search the Sky went 2-3-0 this time, but managed to keep our place in the recent team standings. Frankly, I'm just waiting for my guys to die so that I will get forced back into the replacement pool. Surprised it hasn't happened yet!

Glad to see more input in the personal ads. I was beginning to think that you guys had 'chatty'd' yourselves out before you ever mailed in your turns! Wink

What, exactly, is going on with Den's accusations (well-founded) re: the pledge violation? I'm something of an 'outsider' as I don't go to FTF tourneys and I don't correspond frequently (email or otherwise) with anyone else. [my choice] Cool Anyway, IS there a good reason why this has happened so many times? Is there a strong reason for allowing it to go on? I'm asking blind -- I don't have any axe to grind nor am I trying to dredge up an angry storm of retribution (on anyone, but more pragmatically, ME).

Can anyone who KNOWS what's going on help me out here? Sad

Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

He's just trolling to get a rise. He's missed three matches the last three turns. You can see it in the standings.
Den
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In order to fight in DM81 or DM20 you had to sign a pledge. Here is that pledge:

NO-TOURNEY ARENA PLEDGE
I pledge that I will not send warriors from this team to a tournament, nor will I use a tournament prize on a warrior from this team.
I pledge to run a full team when I run turns in this arena. If circumstances preclude my running less than a full team, I will notify the Player Committee.
I agree to abide by the decisions of the Player Committee.
I understand that any warrior that participates in a tournament or receives a tournament prize shall be sent to the Dark Arena until they are dead.
_________________________ [sign your name]

Yes, as the hate-filled and intolerant Womanta has noted, I missed 3 fights in the last 250+ fights, what s/he fails to note, is that other teams consistently disregard the pledge with no care in the world and certainly no outcry from the rest of the hypocrites. 2 of the fights I missed were directly related to RSI saying my strats arrived late...and for some reason they didn't bother to input or fight that warrior the next turn either.

Womanta, funny, how when I use the PA's I am trolling...but you spew your garbage on here all the time and consider that okay. Talk about your hypocrites.

Disclaimer. The above ad was probably written without malice and likely meant in jest. If you were offended, please understand being offended is a choice that YOU make and has little to do with my comment. Some look for reasons to be offended, some don't.
Manta
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Den wrote:
In order to fight in DM81 or DM20 you had to sign a pledge. Here is that pledge:

NO-TOURNEY ARENA PLEDGE
I pledge that I will not send warriors from this team to a tournament, nor will I use a tournament prize on a warrior from this team.
I pledge to run a full team when I run turns in this arena. If circumstances preclude my running less than a full team, I will notify the Player Committee.
I agree to abide by the decisions of the Player Committee.
I understand that any warrior that participates in a tournament or receives a tournament prize shall be sent to the Dark Arena until they are dead.
_________________________ [sign your name]

Yes, as the hate-filled and intolerant Womanta has noted, I missed 3 fights in the last 250+ fights, what s/he fails to note, is that other teams consistently disregard the pledge with no care in the world and certainly no outcry from the rest of the hypocrites. 2 of the fights I missed were directly related to RSI saying my strats arrived late...and for some reason they didn't bother to input or fight that warrior the next turn either.

Womanta, funny, how when I use the PA's I am trolling...but you spew your garbage on here all the time and consider that okay. Talk about your hypocrites.

Didn't say it was bad or good. Just obvious. Facts do exist Kellyanne.
KidArcane
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Girls, girls--- you're BOTH pretty... Rolling Eyes

Den has a valid point. Once in a while RSI and/or the player will make a mistake. We can all agree that this occasional slip from the One True Way is unavoidable and quite forgivable, yes?

But what if it keeps happening? Isn't this something that SHOULD be addressed? Confused

Incidentally, when I say "...be addressed" I mean WITHOUT the ugly derogatory opinions.

Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Is it problem? How? Does Den actually discriminate between people missing a turn here and there and people flouting the rules (which I am not aware of)? If they (RSI) were to address it how would they? Tell people who aren't playing regularly enough that they can't play? Den just uses it to be a little bitch. It's what he does. He lies, cheats and distorts. Period. You're pretty too. Very Happy
Den
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Manta wrote:
Is it problem? How? Does Den actually discriminate between people missing a turn here and there and people flouting the rules (which I am not aware of)? If they (RSI) were to address it how would they? Tell people who aren't playing regularly enough that they can't play? Den just uses it to be a little bitch. It's what he does. He lies, cheats and distorts. Period. You're pretty too. Very Happy

Excuse me?!?! Please explain in detail how I am cheating in Duelmasters?

What kind of pathetic little angry asshole are you?

I get that you don't enjoy my ribbing in the PA's, but kiddo, that is what the PA's are for. If you don't like them, simply don't read them. And, just to bring out facts, which I understand you don't enjoy as you prefer opinions, but you do the EXACT same thing. I guess it is good for you, bad for me, that explains why you wear your Hillary shirt every day.

The fact is (again, my apologies for stating facts instead of opinions, Bernie) that several teams consistently do not follow the pledge by not fighting their entire team. This should not be acceptable. I appear to be the only one that calls them out. And YES, if you are not going to fight your entire team then you should not fight your team at all, that is what the pledge is there for. When we designed the concept of this arena that was noted so you don't have jerks that will only fight their 2-3 good guys.

Missing a turn as you outlined has nothing to do with the pledge, you can miss any turn you want. Again, I know facts are not your strong suit Reid.

I have more integrity in my fingernail than you could ever hope to embrace in your lifetime you sad little ball of anger. Call me a cheater, back it up tough guy.

Oh, and great spelling in your post smartie, you do realize there is a spellchecker as you type, don't you? The misspelled words are underlined in red, gives you the chance to correct the words as you commit libel. You do know the color red right? It is the color of your face after the election.

Disclaimer. The above ad was probably written without malice and likely meant in jest. If you were offended, please understand being offended is a choice that YOU make and has little to do with my comment. Some look for reasons to be offended, some don't.
Den
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

KidArcane wrote:
Girls, girls--- you're BOTH pretty... Rolling Eyes

Thank you, I feel pretty today, I'm having a really nice hair day.

Crambus
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Den wrote:
Manta wrote:

Excuse me?!?! Please explain in detail how I am cheating in Duelmasters?

What kind of pathetic little angry asshole are you?

I get that you don't enjoy my ribbing in the PA's, but kiddo, that is what the PA's are for. If you don't like them, simply don't read them. And, just to bring out facts, which I understand you don't enjoy as you prefer opinions, but you do the EXACT same thing. I guess it is good for you, bad for me, that explains why you wear your Hillary shirt every day.

The fact is (again, my apologies for stating facts instead of opinions, Bernie) that several teams consistently do not follow the pledge by not fighting their entire team. This should not be acceptable. I appear to be the only one that calls them out. And YES, if you are not going to fight your entire team then you should not fight your team at all, that is what the pledge is there for. When we designed the concept of this arena that was noted so you don't have jerks that will only fight their 2-3 good guys.

Missing a turn as you outlined has nothing to do with the pledge, you can miss any turn you want. Again, I know facts are not your strong suit Reid.

I have more integrity in my fingernail than you could ever hope to embrace in your lifetime you sad little ball of anger. Call me a cheater, back it up tough guy.

Oh, and great spelling in your post smartie, you do realize there is a spellchecker as you type, don't you? The misspelled words are underlined in red, gives you the chance to correct the words as you commit libel. You do know the color red right? It is the color of your face after the election.

Well said Den, I will bring you an extra bottle of Bacardi for the game today. If only she/he would just shut up, as far as I know I've never sparred with that whack-job yet and I already hate him.
KidArcane
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

KidArcane wrote:
Incidentally, when I say "...be addressed" I mean WITHOUT the ugly derogatory opinions.
Rolling Eyes

Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

KidArcane wrote:
KidArcane wrote:
Rolling Eyes

My apologies. I find it difficult to be civil with Womanta as she cannot discern between gamesmanship and the real world and seems to have a single purpose of trolling the forums for any comment I make and lures me into a confrontation. If I did not enjoy proving her wrong so easily, I guess I could just ignore it.

But, back to your original inquiry. My assumption on why some managers are consistently not fighting their entire team is that they have their team on maintenance and when they have a death they don't get the roll-up back in and thus the remaining warriors fight on mnt. I understand that, and if it happened every few turns, probably not a big deal. But, there are certain teams that will miss several fights over a few turns and that should not be accepted. It violates the agreement and the "idea" behind forming DM81. They are often active in the PA's, forums, and Chatzy so why they cannot get a roll-up returned is beyond me.

I fully expected to take a crap-load of comments in the PA's when my roll-ups went missing at RSI, and I deserved it. But, I would hope that everyone calls out the teams that don't follow the pledge. They do when a team sends a guy to a tourney, why is that rule more important than the full team rule? It shouldn't be.

Teams that do not follow the rule were supposed to be disciplined by the Player Committee, but come on, do we really need something like that? Just fight your team as you agreed.

I hope that was an acceptable explanation to the current state and the expected state.

KidArcane
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That was a well thought-out reply, and no unnecessary drama. I like it and I totally agree! Smile Now what?

If the reason for shortened rosters is that teams are on maintenance, what are the solutions? If the reason for not fighting a whole team is purely one of lazy convenience, then what is the next step?

Acquiesce? That leaves a bitter taste in my mouth, even though it does nothing to affect my paycheck or my lifestyle. Jump up and down and call names? That is no solution; instead it simply creates a weariness in me that is all-encompassing.

Who IS the 'Player Committee' and why haven't they chimed in yet? Can this thread be brought up to their attention? Is it WORTH doing so?

Thoughts? Question

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wasn't around when the arena and the pledge were dreamed up, but....when I was in Shadowspire, I was told the spirit of that part of the pledge was to keep managers from not running a warrior for the reason of dodging a BF.

End all be all, I think it is a waste of time to try and make all teams run all warriors all the time. It has always been allowable, in all arenas in general, to run what ever you want. The old school feel is the no tournament/no prize aspect of the arena....even though tournaments have been going on for as long as I remember, roughly 1988ish

Just my thoughts from a manager who once ran here but doesn't run here anymore.

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
The_Master
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Solid 3-2-0 outing for Land of Prydain. A winning turn is a good turn in my books.

The Master, mgr of:
Dark Overlords (21)
Giant Killers (32)
The 80's (33)
Satans Pride (12)
Land of Prydain (81)
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum