New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22255

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Manager's Quickie 2017 Tempe Journal (Worst FtF Ever!!!)
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So arrived at the FtF a little late on Thursday. Grabbed some quick food and then took a nap. After I woke up, I grabbed Spirit and then, Den, Deeders and we headed down to the new Book Maze. Book Maze still isn't open yet--apparently the systems crashing in 2015 set them behind in terms of them being open. But there is a secret passage from the book store that leads into RSI HQ, which is quite lovely. There were printers and computers and desks and everything you imagine RSI HQ would look like! Sandy was actually inputting my tourney as I was there and I got to see it in person! After some socializing and looking around the book store, we headed back to our room.
That evening we all went to dinner long with TUM, TMM, DMobster, Lee, Sandy and Mike to Claim Jumper. I thought it was a normal dinner with not much DM conversation, but everyone was all looking forward to the tourney. Service at the restaurant was really slow so it was probably around 11:00 when everyone returned to the hotel. Take into consideration the time difference that people had to travel and everyone was tired and went to bed. (Plus, we're old)
The next Friday, I knew RSI wasn't getting going to be there until the afternoon so I had lunch with an old friend who moved to AZ and then went to the convention room after. RSI was just getting set up. I got some roll-ups and then immediately proceeded to get down to work. My pipeline was a shambles partially caused by my hiatus and not bringing new warriors in so I was going to need a lot of rookies. Roll-Ups were mostly solid I thought. Nothing amazing though. I also entered the Crap Masters tourney. My sheet was ok but nothing amazing. Two of the warriors were decent scum, but I was hesitant to run them because although scum were consistent solid winners for crap master, they rarely made deep runs and I couldn't decide whether to run middling warriors or try for something that was higher risk/reward. I decided to play it safe and go with 2 scum TP's and an AB that could maybe do something.

We went to Brazilian Chiarascurro for dinner with Chief I, Anarchist and Storm Lord and when I returned, my overviews were back. (But not bloodgames) and I proceeded to do my Rookies for Turn 1. Bloodgames overviews came back a little late but I still managed to get them down before midnight.

Saturday
------------
Woke up Saturday around 7:15 AM and made it down to the convention center where Turn 1 was already printed and waiting for us. Sandy was being all crazy and running all of the turns super fast and we were making great time as a result. Everything was running smoothly (with the exception of Turn 2 in Bloodgames) and each round was lasting about 2 hours, most of that was Rookies. I definitely did not have a good start. My one ADM bustout loses early in Round 1 and my best Init gets a tough match up and also loses Round 1. I think I had 5 deaths in the first turn in Bloodgames. It was definitely an omen of times to come for the rest of the weekend. Primus was a little weird in that the AB's seemed slightly more hittable (by the other AB's at least)

We were already done with Turn 5 by the afternoon, so there was enough time for a 2.5 hour dinner break by then we would have one turn (the overnight) turn and be done with it. I was running really behind so I decided to stay and get ahead on turns and then take a quick trip to my favorite restaurant in Tempe (Paradise Hawaiian BBQ). The middle turns were much better for me as my warriors decided to settle down and win fights they were supposed to and my bloodgames leftovers started to get kills, etc. Bonnie is eliminated round 5, but I randomly win the Slasher Stylemaster and have another Lunger that starts 5-0.

The overnight turn is pretty quiet. A shit ton of my warriors were already eliminated by I guess a lot of the mail boxes are getting smaller too and I remind myself that Round 7 is already pretty late in the tourney. I still felt like I had a statistically average amount of undefeateds for this point of the tourney.

Sunday
---------
I opted to not do the overnight tourney and get some sleep instead. I go to the convention center and am hearing about all the crazy shenanigans that happend Saturday night that I apparently missed. Turn 8 is already printed and waiting for me. It turns out it was a good one--probably my best turn of the tourney and I'm optimistic that things would turn around. However that turned out to be short lived as I forget to turn in strategy sheets for several of my warriors (after writing them) and it ends up costing me, as two of my undefeated warriors lose their next round fight as a result of that.
After that I felt the next few rounds were pretty normal. I only had a handful of good warriors left but I did a pretty good job in nailing down my TVs in Rounds 9 and 10 as a lot of my bubble warriors kept winning. Unfortunately, that's where things started to go south as most of my warriors began to exit in rounds 11 or 12 making them weakling TVs. Things were mostly smooth, there was a crash in Round 11 for 30 min or so but it wasn't too bad.

The Cowboys game was starting around the same time as the run offs, but here's what I know:

Primus: It was all TMM after Round 14, as TUM's last warrior was dispatched in Round 13. Still, TMM made the finals interesting with an all War Flail battle!

Contenders: Khisanth literally all Saturday whining about how awful his tourney was going but found his warrior against TUM's Alice Blue in a match up of two fist AB's. Khisanth's Vertigo wins the match up and picks up his first FtF TC in like five years.

Eligibles: I missed this fight due to me watching the game, but Mannequin picks up a rare TC for PL's over the Anarchist (I think).

ADM: In another rare occurrence, dueling Total Parries Spare Anchor and Bosomy Goldmine met for a TC fight in ADM!!!! Bosomy was busting and looked to have the advantage in the fight, but his weapon broke and Spare Anchor managed to Parry him out for the upset win! OAB over TMM in this one.

Freshmen: Another fight I missed due to the game, but TMM found himself in the finals with himself again with an AB vs. TP battle. Even though a TP win would have been great with their dominance in ADM, the bustout AB guy ended up winning instead.

Challengers: In another classic battle between TUM and TMM (this time with dueling Zombies), TUM managed to end his FtF Runner Up Streak (after like 9 attempts) and finally break through with a TC! Both warriors were pretty nasty and I hope TMM's Zombie isn't long for this class too.

Champs: This was the first TC fight of the day. It matched up TUM and TMM and TMM's guy won in a pretty good fight.

Adepts: The easiest TC of the night belong to Assur, whose warrior Jim cruised through the Adepts undefeated. DMobster's Lunger was the unlucky runner-up.

Inits: In a bloodthirsty affair, this TC fight was set up by Madwand killing TMM's one loss guy. Then in the next round, Madwand's guy gets killed by Floyd in the TC fight! You win some, you lose some.

Apprentices: Floyd wins this class with a pretty horrific looking Wall of Steel. Mannequin was the runner-up.

Rookies: TMM's Lunger found himself with a bunch of AB's and knocked them all off en route to the TC. Consortium's AB was the Runner-Up.
Bloodgames: Howling Wolf dominated, getting two of them out and Baron Bentsword got the last one out. Mail-In Bloodgames was post-poned because Lee accidentally deleted the character file.

CrapMaster: Presstoe picks up the only TV for the Crap Masters (I think at least tying the deepest run ever by a CM) and easily wins what was a pretty horrific performance for the crew as a whole. Roll-Ups looked a lot worse this time as people start to figure out what wins in this contest.
I pretty much had a horrific FtF (after a horrific Mail-In) as I think the deepest any of my guys went was Final 6 (and it was with a PS). 8 TVs in all but I think I sent around 90 so that's not much to bring home about either. On top of that the Dallas Cowboys lost in a heart breaker making this truly the worst FtF ever, pretty much tying the time I got food poisoning at Denny's and spent half the weekend in bed/on the toilet. I feel like I've maybe lost the magic as the meta game couldn't have changed that much in the time I was out, could it? Things look mostly the same on the surface. Plus, my current pipeline is a shambles. Ugh, lots and lots of work to be done.
Fortunately the next FtF will be near me so hopefully I can get it together by then.

After the FtF I grabbed a Poke Bowl with Khisanth and then took him to the airport.
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It was Howling Wolf's guy who died in Inits!
Degralor
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mail in Bloodgames was "postponed"?

Does this mean they are going to run it and mail it soon?

-Hollowshade
Madwand
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Something happened that caused most of the teams created over the past year to be deleted. All teams will need to be re-I putted and rolled. That means we need to decide which teams to use etc and then submit strats.

Something like that anyway.

Lee was talking about March or possibly running it alongside the Spring tourney to allow enough time for the above to happen.

DM 47 Fast Food
DM 100, 102 and 106 Various Teams
And several 'Blades' Guilds across Alastari.

Scars fade, wounds heal but glory lasts forever!

Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Do we have to send in our strategies again?

50 Blades of Grey DM-99
Miserable Men DM-99
Brony Cringe DM-99
FLOYD1
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here is the horrific Apprentices TC mentioned above ... Despair ye runners of 21 wits and wills Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

CANCER RAT (82-56977) of LEAGUE ARCANE TV'S (5461) [0-0-0,0,4FE], will fight Apprentices.
He is a wall of steel with ST=15 CN=15 SZ=11 WT=11 WL=17 SP=4 DF=11.
He is right handed, is clumsy, has great endurance, can take a lot of damage, can carry a
good amount of weight, and does great damage.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

FLOYD1 wrote:
Here is the horrific Apprentices TC mentioned above ... Despair ye runners of 21 wits and wills Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

CANCER RAT (82-56977) of LEAGUE ARCANE TV'S (5461) [0-0-0,0,4FE], will fight Apprentices.
He is right handed, is clumsy, has great endurance, can take a lot of damage, can carry a

GODLING! Well, sorta ............................
It must be the awesome Managerial skill!
Salute to a fine TC! Idea

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
ThePope
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Congrats Floyd! Do NOT be ashamed of a solid WS expertly managed Exclamation
Manta
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
FLOYD1 wrote:

GODLING! Well, sorta ............................
It must be the awesome Managerial skill!
Salute to a fine TC! Idea

That's pretty bad ass. Did it learn riposte?
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic