New Yesterday: 3
Overall: 22260

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Turn 269
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Visionst01
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Newsletter shows the boys had a tough week going 1-4. Though Osirus did hold on to throne and got his invite and finally finishing the Longbeards Round Robin.

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
Clan Longbeard in DM 81 Shadowspire
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Visionst01 wrote:
Newsletter shows the boys had a tough week going 1-4. Though Osirus did hold on to throne and got his invite and finally finishing the Longbeards Round Robin.

Congrats on the round robin

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
KidArcane
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

On-line newsletter is all I have so far. Hope Monday shows some decent skill learns; we need 'em! 3-2-0 for Search the Sky, and two spotlights. Dunno why. I only sent in one this past time. I notice a lot of managers utilizing the Dark Arena. I know I haven't been shy about filling out that paperwork! I'm thinking that if Velox Docis doesn't earn a rating VERY soon, he's got some night work in his future! Confused

Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

4-1 for those who pray. More rewarding was that all the wins came at the expense of challengers. Thankfully, none of my challenges went through!
KidArcane
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, Eclipse was one of those challengers. Tried something new, so I learned something important from the match. Not fun to lose, but always good to learn something. Cool

Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The important part being not to fall down when only holding a large shield, I assume. Eclipse's parry skill evaporated while he was sitting on his tuckus. I had to go back and re-read it looking for where the shield got broken because he wasn't parrying anything!

Oh, and Den Diplo'd me a tissue. The HAZMAT squad is en route. (Dense, that means "on the way").
KidArcane
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh, THAT... I honestly, sincerely, frankly, and in all earnestness became bored with the usual 1-1-1 Parry route. Two fights ago there was a slip-up somewhere and Eclipse used a maul instead of a large shield. (shrug) These things happen. At first I was upset and then I settled down and decided to just roll with it. Try something new. This guy bores me. I like his win/loss percentage, but still...

And the thing is, that fight wasn't as linear and overwhelming a win as I would assume it should be, all things considered. I mean, it should have been over sooner and more decisively. Maybe the change in weaponry was a sign; maybe I should experiment more and give Eclipse a chance to try something new. So I thought: "Why stick with the usual ho-hum 1-1-1 Parry? Why not try 3-3-3 Riposte? And that's what I did. And saw that Eclipse managed to get battered worse than usual; he really didn't even try to parry or grab the initiative. In fact, he was more of a target than normal. Given his level of FE I was disappointed.

Well, I learned a couple of things. First, I already knew I don't like running scum TPs, but now I have accepted that I have a winning scum and that I'll just have to suck it up until he graduates or gets himself killed. There are worse things than running a boring fighter with a winning record, I suppose. Still, I was surprised -- ANY maneuver beyond attempting to place his shield in the path of the opponent's weapon is, well, beyond what Eclipse can handle. Look at old Black Jack, or Jock Strap, or whatever. That's a good, aggressive TP. I have never run one of those; I'll bet those fights are always more fun to read, and the strategizing is more interesting that simply filling in the sheet with 1's. (Sigh) Well, it's all in his name, duh. I should have figured that one out. He can block, and that's about it. Sad, really. Crying or Very sad

Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Vladgina wrote:

Oh, and Den Diplo'd me a tissue. The HAZMAT squad is en route. (Dense, that means "on the way").

My valid assumption is that the Hazmat crew is no stranger to your local food
shelf pantry, where they find your "tissues", crumpled in the corner after a few seconds of "thought".

Disclaimer. The above ad was probably written without malice and likely meant in jest. If you were offended, please understand being offended is a choice that YOU make and has little to do with my comment. Some look for reasons to be offended, some don't.
Hombre
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

"Look at old Black Jack, or Jock Strap, or whatever."

Loving the random unprovoked disrespect. It's ok, I know the green place it stems from...
Mr. Green
KidArcane
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hombre wrote:
"Look at old Black Jack, or Jock Strap, or whatever."

Loving the random unprovoked disrespect. It's ok, I know the green place it stems from... Mr. Green

Writing on the fly and didn't bother to look it up. Sorry. As I said, looks like a great TP. I'm gonna hate to kill him.

Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm going to hate to watch him die.
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum