New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22255

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Turn 271
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
KidArcane
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Search the Sky went 2-3-0, and the newbie isn't anything to jump up and down about. Low mediocre. (But then again, seeing the success Fast Hack 'Em 9 had, I have hope!) Seems Eclipse has hit the wall -- hard. On the positive side, he actually learned TWO skills off of Two-Ton Timmons. And if I had run a very conservative strategy, like 1-1-1 Parry, he probably would have won. There's a lesson for me, too. Wink

Loved the newsletter! Very Happy Reminds me of the Golden Age of the 90's; lots to read and very interesting all around. Seems I forgot to make personal ads, but... next time.

Assuming that there is nobody for Pray the Gods to play with in the Challenger Champions (let's pretend that everyone in that level avoids them) what will the Arena Stand-ins look like at that level? Are they any good? (Like Black Orc, etc.?) Or will Avoids simply be nullified because, after all, SOMEBODY has to play with 'em? Rolling Eyes

Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stik wrote:
My apologies to all concerned for hijacking the thread. Done now.

Oh, stop in anytime.
Den
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

little stick wrote:

Hmm? Oh, we weren't talking TO you, just ABOUT you, don't worry. Gee, and I was soooo flabbergasted too! Rolling Eyes Laughing

BTW, I AM standing alone in 33. Almost halfway and doing just fine I'd say. You're obviously not feeling as good about it. See you in the arena, chuckles... Twisted Evil

I am amused at how you try to weave the forums, real life, personal ads, team spotlights, and arena play at your whim in a pathetic attempt to look intelligent and make a point that does not exist.

I never once said I respond only when you talk TO me. If you and your little group of hypocrite back-patters want to talk trash on here, I'm more than happy to oblige. At least I don't have to go crying to other people to help me on the forums like you do.

Yep, you have been on a roll in 33, and I believe highlighted in 3 of the last 4 newsletters for avoiding me the most. Coincidence? I think not. With womanta in the arena I told you that 50% or better is possible.

So, since you support vladgina intentionally sitting a warrior in 81 to avoid a bloodfeud are you going to support me when I fight those warriors in a tourney? Uh Oh, did I just expose your sad hypocrisy? See you in 33, if mom gives you some more money that is.

Disclaimer. The above ad was probably written without malice and likely meant in jest. If you were offended, please understand being offended is a choice that YOU make and has little to do with my comment. Some look for reasons to be offended, some don't.
Den
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

BTW, the new Big Lake Solution went 3-2 and are currently the highest ranked team in Shadowspire. They will fall victim to the typical down-challenges for the next several turns, but I expect the record to hold around 65-70% considering the the ability of the managers that employ the down-challenge.

Visionist unfortunately ran into a pair of my new guys and found out why they are the solution to my prior problems.

I believe I can get all 5 of these to ADM, even with the DC's coming my way. I'll certainly keep you updated on the progress.

Disclaimer. The above ad was probably written without malice and likely meant in jest. If you were offended, please understand being offended is a choice that YOU make and has little to do with my comment. Some look for reasons to be offended, some don't.
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sorry, said I was done. Couldn't help it!

Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Den wrote:
I believe I can get all 5 of these to ADM

If you can get all 5 originals to ADM, you'll join a very exclusive Shadowspire club. It currently has a membership of 1.

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I got all 5 of my original original team to the DA

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
DeGotti
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Den - If you can get all 5 of these guys to ADM (abiding by the rules of this arena) I'll let you name the next two replacement warriors of mine if you accomplish it.

Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

DeGotti wrote:
Den - If you can get all 5 of these guys to ADM (abiding by the rules of this arena) I'll let you name the next two replacement warriors of mine if you accomplish it.

Interesting. The guy I named for Spirit died in the Rookie tourney, so if achieved, it may be the kiss of death for your guys.

Vladimer
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quitter,

Good luck in the tourney! With or without tourney experience, your new warriors will quickly follow in the footsteps of your last. So crow while you can about your fantabulous five-fight record. I salute your prowess!

But, in time and, perhaps, as soon as next turn, your record will fall, and stay, below .500. And then you'll be talking about down challengers being a problem. Ironic, no?

And the best part is that you will have accomplished nothing. Given up your laudable heritage in Shadowspire, that many of your peers respected, for the equivalent of a one night stand. Bravo, Quitter.

In deep respect for the first warrior of yours to commit that "accidental" slip of foot resulting in the death of both him and your grand plans, I remain,

Yours truly,

Vlad
Den
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Vladgina wrote:
Quitter,

Good luck in the tourney! With or without tourney experience, your new warriors will quickly follow in the footsteps of your last. So crow while you can about your fantabulous five-fight record. I salute your prowess!

But, in time and, perhaps, as soon as next turn, your record will fall, and stay, below .500. And then you'll be talking about down challengers being a problem. Ironic, no?

And the best part is that you will have accomplished nothing. Given up your laudable heritage in Shadowspire, that many of your peers respected, for the equivalent of a one night stand. Bravo, Quitter.

In deep respect for the first warrior of yours to commit that "accidental" slip of foot resulting in the death of both him and your grand plans, I remain,

Yours truly,

Vladgina

Ah yes, the thread would not be complete without the architect of dishonesty speaking out. Your words are hollow, much like the piggy bank you cuddle during your desperate need for companionship.

Down challenge away little fella, down challenge away. I would not expect you to understand my workings anymore than you could understand the famed Rubik's Cube.

Den
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Zurray 81-2892 is listed on TB as AB and is a SL. Probably little stick up to his tricks again.

Manta
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Den wrote:
BTW, the new Big Lake Solution went 3-2 and are currently the highest ranked team in Shadowspire. They will fall victim to the typical down-challenges for the next several turns, but I expect the record to hold around 65-70% considering the the ability of the managers that employ the down-challenge.

Visionist unfortunately ran into a pair of my new guys and found out why they are the solution to my prior problems.

I believe I can get all 5 of these to ADM, even with the DC's coming my way. I'll certainly keep you updated on the progress.

Update: Nope. I own you boy. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

nice turn for lil' denny, 1-4 with.....3 of his newbs who were supposed to rule the arena, executed!! Laughing Twisted Evil Laughing Twisted Evil Great job guys, just wish I could have contributed!! Too good!!

Den
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am top uncharted team, which is an amazing accomplishment, considering the vast degree of managerial talent in this arena. So, you killed 3 out of the worst team roll-up sheet I have ever seen, nevertheless, I shall graduate the remaining 2 and these new 3.

Crow as you will, silly little boys, it shall not reduce my ability to accomplish that which is so difficult to most of you.

I won't even use the DA and still be better than you back-patting hypocrites.

Womanta, looks like Shadowthrone already exacted revenge on your pile of garbage you call a team. The AA plays with you like a drunk kitten plays with a ball of yarn. I know mommy does not allow you to have kittens any longer, so that may be an obscure reference.

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum