New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 22264

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - 2017 Fall Mail-In
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I sent in 22 or 23. My whole 33 team, 2 living from 21, 3 or 4 dead from 21 plus one other dead, then a bunch of young rippers and plungers. Once again you're all welcome in advance...

Vlad that is a hefty freakin' squad for a non-FtF. Take out a loan?

Darkheart
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Right now my squad sits at 68 with me waffling on faxing in a couple more last minute entries.

By tourney class....
Living 2,1,1,3,0,4,2,4,1,10,14
Dead 7,3,5,4,7

By style....
Living 7,0,6,1,4,2,6,8,7,1
Dead 4,1,5,2,1,4,3,3,0,2

2015 Crapgiver
TWX Champion!

The Holy Legion - DM 10
Obsidian Hall - DM 33
Iron Cathedral - DM 52
Mannequin
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

28 entries (16 living, 12 dead).

Primus (7), Contenders (2), and Rookies (7).

Dead Champs (2), Dead Adepts (4) and Dead Apprents (6).

Style breakdown: AB (15), ST (4), LU (2), PL (2), PS (2), BA, PR, and WS.

Good luck to everyone!

"You're a madman!"
"Aye, I've come to the right place then."
Vladimer
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It seems like the tourney is close to being underway and so I thought to put my feet up, pour a snifter, and review the best of the worst for this tourney:

Champions: Only two entries here, so pretty easy to choose the favorite. Though no expectations of any ribbons, this ST went 3-3 in Rooks, 12-3-1 in Apps and 10-3 in Adepts. 11-13-5-21-9-14 with MA in DEC/INI and ADEX in RIP/ATT. With luck, maybe a TV.

Adepts: Five entries here, none particularly compelling. Two from the Contest team in 45, two other timed warriors and one with 14FE. No good choices here, so I'll just hope no one dies. Pick for best performance would be 11-10-12-17-10-3-21 AB, MA ATT, ADEX PAR, EX RIP who's running 54% crits with a SC. Yes, that's my best adept. You're welcome.

Inits: 17 to choose from here, so a few I hope do well. Many of my styles here aren't those which typically excel in Inits, so I'll lean towards a style that does: She is a striker with ST=9 CN=11 SZ=7 WT=21 WL=17 SP=8 DF=11. G/G but only an EX in DEC. She TV'd Rooks and seems to have found her favourite weapon in the BS. I've overlooked a 21 strength TP and WS. If I had to choose a runner up (of my warriors) it would be a 21/21 LU who is learning lots of skills, if not all the good ones. Obviously, I have had success with this type of LU in the past, but usually later in the tourney cycle.

Apps: 15 entries in this class, but not expecting much. No rooks TVs in this category (obviously), though many have given as good as they've gotten, which is more than I can usually say for my tourney fighters. Since I should pick one, I guess I would settle on this one if for no other reason that I should be able to do something with this guy. He is a wall of steel with ST=17 CN=11(1) SZ=3 WT=13 WL=21 SP=7 DF=13. He is right handed, is bright, is slightly uncoordinated, has great endurance, can carry a good amount of weight, is incredibly quick and elusive, does great damage, and has an Advanced Expert in attack. Sadly, he is hosed in PAR but +4 in ATT.

Rooks: Rooks constitute a lot of my team, I think about 40%, so lots to choose from here. A few completely fun ones that have 0 chance of doing anything: Two 21 ST PR's and scum BA, the latter should hit "seemingly unaffected" during the tourney. But, oddly, my two best opportunities are probably from the same team and virtually identical:

She is a striker with ST=8 CN=12 SZ=11 WT=21 WL=17 SP=4 DF=11. She is left handed, is a genius, is active, is clumsy, can carry very little weight, is incredibly quick and elusive, and does good damage.

He is a striker with ST=8 CN=9 SZ=14 WT=21 WL=17 SP=4 DF=11. He is right handed, is a genius, is clumsy, can carry very little weight, is incredibly quick and elusive, and does good damage.

The Dead: Two I think I might actually have a chance to get back, though running 8 in total. Have never gotten one out before.

Champs: She was a lunger with ST=13(1) CN=11 SZ=8 WT=17 WL=21 SP=4 DF=11. 29FE
She was right handed, was very intelligent, was clumsy, had great endurance, was incredibly quick and elusive, did good damage, had an Advanced Expert in initiative, had an Expert in riposte, had an Advanced Expert in attack, had an Advanced Expert in defense, and had an Advanced Expert in decisiveness.

Inits: He was a lunger with ST=9 CN=7 SZ=8 WT=21 WL=21 SP=7 DF=11. 10FE
He was right handed, was a genius, was incredibly active, was slightly uncoordinated, could not take a lot of punishment, could carry very little weight, was incredibly quick and elusive, had a Master in initiative, had an Advanced Expert in riposte, had an Advanced Expert in attack, and had an Expert in defense.

That's a wrap. I wish everyone well in the tourney, except against my folks!

Very Happy
Kharadmon
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This is the least excited I’ve been for a tourney that I can remember. Just been extremely busy with real life ever since returning from KC. As such, next to no time was spent preparing. Filled out approx 40 or so tourney starts Monday in about a 2hr timespan, and stuffed into a priority mailer. Expectations are low...but still hopeful for a decent showing from a few.

Good luck everyone!

Kharadmon

Wrathmen/Garbage Pail Kids
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I assume the tourney has run by now, although I've been too busy to ask anyone. I expect that those who signed up and paid for FedEx delivery will receive their results on Friday, while the rest of us who rely on the USPS will get ours on Saturday or Monday.

I sent a lot of warriors (80 planned + 1 last minute addition), not because I love the prize, but because I've been skipping FtFs lately and had a backlog of timed warriors to run. I sent the lion's share of timed basic warriors that I had, and even managed a few bust-outs in the ADM classes. I'm hoping that somewhere, somehow, one of my warriors manages to make it through to the TC. These are my best chances:

Eligibles

I entered two warriors in Eligibles, one bust-out and one sandbagger.

The bust-out is DUSKBLOOD PUDDING, an AB who has done nothing his entire career and has just been waiting for this one moment. He is Defense favorite learn and Longsword favorite, with a suitably crappy rhythm and no favorite tactics. At the time of the freeze, he was 24(13)-15(11)-5-21-25(8)-9-20(3). He learned gateway skills three turns out, then trained DF to 21 and 22 in the remaining two turns before the tourney. He enters the tourney with 214 total skills. He is running pretty hot, using FI and Dodge tactic vs LU/SL/BA/ST and his favorite LO and no tactics vs everyone else. He is training WT in rounds 1-9 and then DF in 10+. With any luck, he will make it to the run-offs with 234 total skills and then hit a lucky DF train or three down the stretch. No matter what happens, he is headed for retirement following this tourney.

He will be accompanied by an old familiar face, SPARE ANCHOR. He is a 25(12)-25(8)-13-11(8)-25(4)-6-25(14) TP with 200 total skills. He has had an illustrious career on the Isle, and I'm just trying to squeeze a little more out of him before he becomes obsolete. In Freshmen he had 4 TVs, 3 RUs, and 1 TC, and in ADM he had 1 RU and 1 TC. Whether he can compete in Eligibles is a mystery to me, but I'm going to give him a good try.

ADM

In ADM, I ended up with 3 bust-outs (plus 1 last minute sandbagger). What I lack in quality, I am trying to make up for in quantity. All three bust-outs are flawed and are heading to retirement following the tourney. All of them are busting a single 21 + some other stuff, so if someone sent a top tier bust-out into ADM this tourney, I will be in trouble.

DRAGON FRUIT is a 17(5)-17(6)-13-21-23(3)-7(3)-10(7) LU. He hit the 8th DF train to 11 three turns out, so volunteered to be a bust-out this tourney. On the next two turns, he trained WT to 22 and then 23. I think I have him training WT in rounds 1-6, then WL in 7+. He entered the tourney with 192 total skills, and could top out at 210. His favorite rhythm leaves something to be desired, so he is taking his favorite SS and running 10-10 in minute 1 before incorporating favorites in 2+ and desperation.

JELLY BELLY is a 17(7)-17(7)-14-21-25(4)-4(1)-6(1) LU. He trained SP to 5, DF to 7, and WT to 22 prior to the tourney. I think I have him training WT in rounds 1-8, then switching to DF for 9+. He entered the tourney with 189 total skills, and could top out at around 208. He has a decent favorite rhythm and an even better weapon, so he is just running on favorites the entire way.

My favorite of the bunch, and voted "least likely to succeed" by her stablemates, is GIRL SCOUT COOKIE. She is a 17(7)-17(7)-4-21-20(3)-11-12(1) PS who hit the 4th WL train to 21 to volunteer for bust-out duty. She followed that up with DF to 13, and WT to 22. I expect that I asked her to train WT in rounds 1-8 and WL in 9+. She is entering the tourney with 197 total skills and should hopefully get to the run-offs with 212 and then hit some lucky WL trains. She has goofy favorites of WH low/mod and she seems to like running like that. So I plated her up, gave her WH/shield and am running on favorites. No idea how she'll do, but that's what makes this game so fun.

Champions and Dead Champions

My basic game doesn't really get going until the Champions level.

In Champs, I have a scum BA named SCONE GOLEM, a former TV ST named OMEGA FORNACIS, a zombie AB named HERETIC, and one other AB named STRAWBERRY JHANS that I threw in at the last minute. Individually, I expect mediocrity from them. But with the weak prize and people maybe saving good stuff for Tempe, I could see them collectively accomplishing something.

In Dead Champs, I have a nice AB named BANDIT MINCE who TV'd Dead Adepts and then died while prepping for Champs at 29 FE. He is accompanied by two dead STs, RODEKI MARSALA and MARSH FELLOW, and a second AB named INQUISITOR. Any of them could do well. Or not. :)

----------

Those are my best and brightest (with the exception of SPARE ANCHOR, who is not known for his capacity for thought). I'm hoping that between them, plus the adequate warriors that I have sprinkled around the various other classes, that someone can win a TC for me.

I won't be surprised if I end up with nothing, though!

Good luck to everyone in the tourney.
LaGuillotine
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Here are my entries: 12 guys in all, 6 dead, 6 living.

Dead Apps:
AETHER MARINE (47-8755) of WEIRD ALCHEMY

Dead Inits:
ULULU (8-5646) of WEIRD ALCHEMY
BOBBLETON (39-4118) of NEW ORIGINALS

Dead Champs:
FAST EEEK (47-8682) of WEIRD ALCHEMY
FLEUR DU MAL (72-8587) of ME CUT YOUR HEAD

Dead Challs:
TROFNU (31-3236) of WHAMMO & THUDDA 4U!

Inits:
HOOLIO HO0LABAR (54-3242) of THARG'S GREXNIXES

Champs:
FREEDOM FRIES (50-3845) of COSMIC FARCE
PUNKA (72-9396) of EAT THIS!

Challs:
UKKO (45-4780) of GOING BERSERK

ADM:
ONUPHRE (31-3385) of WHAMMO & THUDDA 4U!
DROKK (31-4014) of WHAMMO & THUDDA 4U

Good luck to everyone!

Weird Alchemy (DM 8 and 47), Kiss My Axe (DM10), New Misfits (DM 28 ), Whammo & Thudda 4u! (DM 31), The Delirium Rules (DM 32), New Originals (DM 39), Going Berserk (DM 45), Cosmic Farce (DM 50), Freedom Farce (DM 52), Nexus 5 (DM 59), Space Action 99
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic