New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104549

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Blood Games – The next novel set in the Duel 2 reality
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Grimwood
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hail Gladiatorial Managers of Alastari,

My name is Mark G. Manley, AKA Grimwood, author of the Duel 2 novel Dark Arena. The RSI staff and I are pleased to announce the next novel in the Duel 2 reality, Blood Games.

A publisher has offered a contract to publish the novel and I’ll continue to provide detailed updates as they become available. However, I wanted to share a quick blurb about the novel.

WAR!

The land of Alastari is thrown into chaos caused by the invasion of the Rirorni horde. Swept up in the conflict and captured is My-re, a young girl living on the edge of the Rirorni plains. Regarded as a spoil of war and growing up in a Rirorni family band, her troubles just begin as warlords within the Rirorni Empire fight each other for prestige, property, and personal honor. For mutual protection My-re is taught the family band's Wall of Steel combat style, where if executed correctly, no blade, no weapon, no arrow can penetrate.

In a land where life is dangerous, brutal, and short, My-re is confronted by a prominent Rirorni warrior and kills him in self-defense. She is sold to a Rirorni slaver after being found guilty of murder, and exiled back to her native land of Alastari. However, there is no happy reunion, no joyful return, as she is sentenced to fight in the Blood Games arena for her crime.

My-re’s one chance of freedom resides in winning the Blood Game tournament. However, the champion is not declared by besting your opponents, but by slaughtering them.

As with novel Dark Arena, I worked with RSI to write and publish Blood Games in the Duel 2 world of Alastari. However, it will always be known as Duelmasters to me.

I wanted to share a little bit of background about myself, I started my first team back on turn 12 in Niania (Arena #2) on February 13, 1990. I managed a team called Wolverines. The next summer at Gen Con, I started my main team, Skull Squadron in Rocanis (Arena #56). The following summer at Gen Con, I stared Legion of Death, in Valamantis (Arena #62). Twenty-five years later, I’ve graduated numerous warriors, which would not be an easy feat to count.

In closing, good luck on the arena sands and more to come.

Mark G. Manley
AKA Grimwood
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Loved #1 and looking forward to buying an autographed #2 also.

A great read.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Congratulations. I was working on a similar idea. I look forward to read your book.
Darkheart
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Looking forward to it Mark.

2015 Crapgiver
TWX Champion!

The Holy Legion - DM 10
Obsidian Hall - DM 33
Iron Cathedral - DM 52
FLOYD1
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Add me to the list of people eager to see the new book !!!
Grimwood
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Longshot,

I replied to your message, but it didn't seem to indicated it was sent from my Sent Box. If you don't get it, let me know. Otherwise, you will probably have two messages from me.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Grimwood
AKA Mark Manley
KidArcane
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have the first book, and it was a decent read. I'm curious to see where you take the readers next. I'll definitely have to read the next installment. Smile

Also, I envy your accomplishment -- getting a book published! Good for you! I have sat down and started a couple of projects in the past, only to let the clamor and bustle and drama of the life take over. It's as much an accomplishment of perseverance as skill, I think.

In any case, I look forward to reading Blood Games.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So exciting! Looking forward to this one!
Grimwood
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 8:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hail fellow managers of Alastari,

Now that all the arenas have been upgraded, supplied with fresh sand, and back open for business, I wanted to pass along some other good news.

The publisher of the next novel in the Duel II reality, Blood Games, has set a tentative release date of June 30, 2016.

As I await their edits, I wanted to share a short blurb from the novel.

My-re heard the roar from the arena’s crowd indicating her last opponent in the Blood Game tournament was being determined. She felt more aware of herself than ever before. Her heart pounded and although she was very afraid, she seemed almost outside of herself. The noise of the crowd sounded as if it were far away. She drew and sheathed her broadsword repeatedly as she paced the hay-covered floor.

A renewed, excited din piqued her curiosity, so she peered through the barred gate. The plate armored warrior on the arena sands was raising his maul over his head to the crowd’s acclaim.

“Go’gar won again!” a nearby guard exclaimed.

“I’m making a killing today. Pun intended,” another replied, jingling his coin purse.

Go’gar swung his colossal two-handed maul in a display of immense strength. Then he pointed at My-re and bellowed, “Bring her out! I want to fight her now! Bring her out!”

The spectators joined in. “Bring her out! Bring her out!” The mantra engulfed the entire arena. They were eager for the final match.

The guards unlocked and opened the gate. My-re took one more moment to herself and then forced her body to walk past the guards.

My-re paused. The sand on the arena floor was soaked with blood and resembled wet sand she played with as a child. Its smell saturated the air and worked its way into a coppery taste. Shrapnel from broken weapons and armor sat at jagged angles, like teeth waiting to devour her.

Today, her captivity ended. She continued, but wanted to run and hide. If she died, at least it would be in an attempt to win her freedom, but she intended to win. She whipped the broadsword from its sheath and threw the housing to the side in worry, fear, and more importantly anger. It was an emotion she could use.

Go’gar said, “Congratulations little girl on being the kill leader. However, once you’re dead, I’ll be the kill leader, declared the champion, and granted my freedom. Do me a favor, hold still. I’ll make it quick and painless.”

“I’m not granting any favors today,” My-re replied bringing her broadsword to guard.

The crowd’s roar almost drowned out the gong signaling the start of the match.

In closing, good luck on the new arena sands and more to come.

Mark G. Manley
AKA Grimwood
Skull Squadron – DM #56
Grimwood
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 3:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I also wanted to share that I've been writing short stories about the main character in the Blood Games novel, My-re, in the DM#100 Talahya newsletters for the past several turns. If you don't already have a team there feel free to check them out in the Newsletters section.

Enjoy!

Mark G. Manley
AKA Grimwood
Skull Squadron - DM#56 and #100
Grimwood
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

“Timmy, no more delays. I want the archive room organized,” Sheila Greywand said gesturing to the great chamber filled with books, parchment, and letters in bulky piles. Some of the taller stacks teetered from the breeze when she opened the door to the dank room.

Spymaster Timshard scowled at Sheila using his detested nickname. He breathed out a sigh of anguish regarding the documents filling the space. He could taste and smell the stale air of old parchment. No one had been in this room for years.

“Where do I even start?”

Sheila scanned the room and pointed to one corner. “Start there. It’s the account of the Rirorni War over ten years ago. It should make for some interesting reading. You might even learn something.”

Timshard scrapped his boots across the floor deliberately in protest.

Boom!

Timshard looked back. Sheila had left and closed the door, hard. He glanced at his large candle and thought about accidently lighting the room on fire, but his aunt would probably make him do something worse if he did it. Grumbling under his breath, he picked up the first official-looking document.

Citizens of Alastari, a Declaration of War now exists between our two nations!

For far too long has the Rirorni Empire endured the plight brought on by the nation of Alastari. For years, our people have writhed under the oppressive shadow of constant sanctions, tariffs, and the discrimination of our caravans and people. Delays of purchased good have caused the Rirorni people to suffer and starve, causing the deaths of numerous innocent children still held in their parents’ arms. Alastari’s constant threat of closing all trade can no longer be tolerated. These unprecedented events have put the Rirorni Empire in a deep depression it might never recover.

If these transgressions weren’t worse enough, the nation of Alastari continues their insult by unfairly charging the humble people of the Rirorni Empire inflated prices for beef, cattle, and horses. Alastari’s grievous acts affect every citizen and have become the Dark Arena monster of the Rirorni Empire!

In response, the Rirorni warlords have been mustered and its warriors have all heard the call. It is time for the nefarious activities from Alastari to end. With our great leaders and military commanders we will crush Alastari oppression and bring peace and stability to the region.

The Great Khan Ze’Frax of the Rirorni Empire

Timshard picked up a book underneath the document titled, The Bane of the Dead, a first-hand account. He pulled over a nearby stool and turned to the first page.

Several hours pasted, he closed the cover and thought gladiator manager might find this story interesting. However, he’d have to change the title. Something managers can relate to.

"BLOOD GAMES" -- The Novel

Hail Gladiatorial Managers of Alastari!

The official release date of Blood Games is confirmed as 6/30/2016. The publisher indicated the novel was now available for pre-order from their web site, which I included the link below.

http://www.blackrosewriting.com/sci-fifantasy/bloodgames

They also provided me with a promotion code of PREORDER2016 for a 10% discount through 7/31/2016, which can be entered at the time of checkout, for any mangers interested in a copy.

I've worked closely with RSI to bring Blood Games to publication. For those who have read Dark Arena, I believe you will also find my latest novel set in the Duel II reality enjoyable and a treat to read.

Until our paths meet on the sands!

Grimwood
AKA Mark G. Manley
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I will definitely get it.

It would have been the perfect reading material during the great "outage" of 2016!
Grimwood
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Managerr,

That's awesome! I'm sure you will enjoy the novel!

Grimwood
AKA Mark G. Manley
Grimwood
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just giving this a bump to get rid of one of the gibberish post on the front page of the forums.
Grimwood
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hail fellow managers,

I wanted to send a quick update that the publisher has released the Kindle version of Blood Games and is now at www.amazon.com. The direct link is pasted below.

https://www.amazon.com/Blood-Games-Mark-Manley-ebook/dp/B01HSD5H6S/ref=sr_1_1_twi_kin_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1469390584&sr=1-1&keywords=mark+g+manley#nav-subnav

Amazon also provided the below link were readers could see the first twelve pages.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/1612967167/ref=sr_1_1?p=random&ie=UTF8&qid=1469389817#reader_1612967167

This is also the last week where the publisher provided a promotion code of PREORDER2016 (all caps) for a 10% discount through 7/31/2016, which can be entered at the time of checkout at their site http://www.blackrosewriting.com/sci-fifantasy/bloodgames

I've worked closely with RSI to bring Blood Games to publication. For those who have read Dark Arena, I believe you will also find my latest novel set in the Duel II reality enjoyable and a treat to read.

Until our paths meet on the sands!

Grimwood
AKA Mark G. Manley
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic