New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104513

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - 2018 Fall MI
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The tourney announcement has gone out.

The ADM Freeze has already occurred, and the tourney date will be 11/3, with strategies due 10/31.

There will be a dead tourney. TVs in the dead classes will get resurrected, while TCs in the dead classes will get resurrected and granted immortality.

As for the living TC prize:

“Lady Greywand will grant the winner of each tourney a single use of her Frankenstein chamber. Two warriors enter...and one warrior emerges! These warriors must both be natural and not yet called to fight in ADM. The manager of this unholy amalgamation May choose the starting style and which set of starting attributes and favorites to keep and the mystical chamber will do the rest, taking the best bonuses and other aspects of the two warriors, the FE and learns from the oldest of the two, and then making the end result bigger and stronger (+2 size, +2 strength max damage in perpetuity) and wiser (+2 wit) than either starting warrior, but losing deftness and speed to compensate (all results will remain in-bounds for a natural DM warrior)."
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks OAB and HW who supplied the information to OAB

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My final strategy (for an immortal Champion) was put into a Priority Mailer, today. Hopefully it reaches RSI in time. Most of my other strategies were mailed and received by them last week.

I ended up entering 93 warriors in the tourney, which might be a record for me. I sent everything that I had available in basic, plus a small crew of dead warriors and a handful of ADM-level bust-outs. I'm looking forward to reading the results.

My entries were broken down as follows:

By tourney class: 5 Primus, 4 Contenders, 3 Eligibles, 3 ADM, 3 Freshmen, 3 Challengers, 6 Champions, 4 Adepts, 12 Initiates, 15 Apprentices, 18 Rookies, 5 Dead Challengers, 4 Dead Champions, 3 Dead Adepts, 3 Dead Initiates, and 2 Dead Apprentices.

By fighting style: 22 AB, 22 ST, 17 LU, 9 SL, 6 BA, 5 WS, 4 PL, 3 PR, 3 PS, and 2 TP.

Good luck to everyone in the tourney!
_Buri_
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good Luck, everyone!

I only sent one live fighter, to the Apps, and it was more for progression than anything (I still want one more ST bump from him before Tempe, so he needs more arena turns).
Sent 5 dead guys. It's funny how some of the ones I used to send just don't appeal to me any more. I've probably got 100 dead 21WT Strikers like everyone else does, but I think I ended up sending only one of those in. Other than that, 3 AB's and a quad-17 Basher.

roadkill
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't have the exact numbers, since I just got out of the hospital. Had to have surgery on ruptured gallbladder,but this is by far my largest tourney with about 80 total. Around 45 are rookies, but no one in AD, and around 15 dead, but they are sentimental favorites. This has been the first tourney I put in any effort into, so maybe I'll see a small improvement over my past showings. I just want to thank everyone for being so helpful, it has been greatly appreciated. You know you're addicted to this game when you're lying in ICU and you're only concern is sending a family member to the post office with a next day air package just to make sure it gets there on time Smile._._._._._.Good luck to everyone!
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

roadkill wrote:
I don't have the exact numbers, since I just got out of the hospital. Had to have surgery on ruptured gallbladder,but this is by far my largest tourney with about 80 total. Around 45 are rookies, but no one in AD, and around 15 dead, but they are sentimental favorites. This has been the first tourney I put in any effort into, so maybe I'll see a small improvement over my past showings. I just want to thank everyone for being so helpful, it has been greatly appreciated. You know you're addicted to this game when you're lying in ICU and you're only concern is sending a family member to the post office with a next day air package just to make sure it gets there on time Smile._._._._._.Good luck to everyone!

Glad you're out of the hospital and hope you're feeling better. Glad you have enabling family members. Good luck with your tourney

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Vladimer
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Glad to hear you're on the mend, Roadkill!

I sent 76 because, like everyone except Haley Joel Osment and Bruce Willis, I can't properly see or count dead people. Thought I had twenty dead but was actually at 21. There is a very slim chance I might add a certain live warrior based on an upcoming turn but it would take a very special turn!

The dead consist of 7 LUs, 4 STs, 4 ABs, and a smattering of the other styles excepting PS and TP.

The live side of the house consists of 55 warriors broken down thusly:

16 STs, 12 LUs, 8 ABs, 6 TPs, 4 BAs and PRs, 2 SLs and WSs, and a token PS.

With the exception of 1 TWIX warrior, everyone is on a class breakpoint. No "running for FE" peeps in this crew:

5 Champs, 5 Adepts, 13 Inits, 17 Apps and 15 rooks. No ADM because no one is worthy.

Good luck to all!
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

roadkill wrote:

Salute! Get well quickly!
(you are not alone in your DM stupidity)

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sent a mere 40.
19 dead (truing to catch Crip!)
dead, from Chal thru Appr = 2,4,6,4,3(all but PL, PR, PS)
leaving 21 live
3 dummies in Eligibles, wasting $ prepping for KOP
the live ones from Chal to Rooks = 1,1,3,4,7,2 (every style)

GOOD LUCK TO ALL

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Crip
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Sent a mere 40.
dead,

You may have surpassed me. It's Wednesday morning, and I still haven't prepared a strategy sheet yet. Was going to try last night, but cold & headache hit and I found myself snoring in bed by 9:30.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Crip wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
Sent a mere 40.
dead,

You may have surpassed me. It's Wednesday morning, and I still haven't prepared a strategy sheet yet. Was going to try last night, but cold & headache hit and I found myself snoring in bed by 9:30.

A dead Mailer would NOT be the same without you!

gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

All I remember sending is Issus in Contenders, MAJ Snafu busting in ADM, 2 rookies (1 AB and 1 SL), and all 5 from DM33 at whatever FE they are at

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Primus

Can a person have one Primus hopeful in this age where warriors can't fight their own teammates until round 10 or 11, and sheer numbers of FI ABs matter?

I don't know, but I'd like to think so.

SNAKE OIL SALESMAN, my first FI AB, finally seems to have hit his stride. He went 4-3 at the July FtF (worse than his teammate HAM BURGLAR's 6-3 performance), but since then he has passed the 300 FE mark, finished SP training, and learned his last Defense skills. Not only that, but he successfully dislodged PEPP from the throne in DM-102 and has defended the throne three times, including fending off a TV challenge from FRANKENBERRY, a TC-caliber Primus AB. There are lots of unanswered questions about arena play, of course. Are TUM, DMobster, and TMM using optimal strategies or do they tone it down when they aren't in tournaments? Can arena success even translate into tourney success? Are they even the same program or are there tweaks between arena and tourney?

Snake Oil Salesman began life as a 12-12-6-7-21-5-21 AB. He slogged his way through basic to graduation, did a single-21 bust in ADM to achieve a 13-3 ADM RU, and another single-21 bust in Eligibles to get a 15-1 Eligibles TC. Along the way, he received a max damage potion, an ambi potion, and five +1 bonus potions to make him "good enough to compete, I hope" at the top end of the game. At the time, I thought that unnatural favorites (including Dodge tactic) would be forever out of reach. He took a run at Contenders learning gateway skills and failed miserably, and then set out to max in Primus as quickly as possible.

Its been a long road, but he has finally made it there. The question is: where is there? Okay in the arena, but no chance in tournies? An occasional Primus TV? I have no idea what to expect, but I'm excited to see.

I won't be too discouraged if he flops in this Primus tourney, as he'll have many more attempts and much more time to hone his strategy and see what he is capable of. But for the first time, I have a Primus hopeful.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One Armed Bandit wrote:
Primus

Can a person have one Primus hopeful in this age where warriors can't fight their own teammates until round 10 or 11, and sheer numbers of FI ABs matter?

SNAKE OIL SALESMAN, my first FI AB, finally seems to have hit his stride. He went 4-3 at the July FtF (worse than his teammate HAM BURGLAR's 6-3 performance), but since then he has passed the 300 FE mark, finished SP training, and learned his last Defense skills. Not only that, but he successfully dislodged PEPP from the throne in DM-102 and has defended the throne three times, including fending off a TV challenge from FRANKENBERRY, a TC-caliber Primus AB. There are lots of unanswered questions about arena play, of course. Are TUM, DMobster, and TMM using optimal strategies or do they tone it down when they aren't in tournaments? Can arena success even translate into tourney success? Are they even the same program or are there tweaks between arena and tourney?

Snake Oil Salesman began life as a 12-12-6-7-21-5-21 AB. He slogged his way through basic to graduation, did a single-21 bust in ADM to achieve a 13-3 ADM RU, and another single-21 bust in Eligibles to get a 15-1 Eligibles TC. Along the way, he received a max damage potion, an ambi potion, and five +1 bonus potions to make him "good enough to compete, I hope" at the top end of the game. At the time, I thought that unnatural favorites (including Dodge tactic) would be forever out of reach. He took a run at Contenders learning gateway skills and failed miserably, and then set out to max in Primus as quickly as possible.

Its been a long road, but he has finally made it there. The question is: where is there? Okay in the arena, but no chance in tournies? An occasional Primus TV? I have no idea what to expect, but I'm excited to see.

I won't be too discouraged if he flops in this Primus tourney, as he'll have many more attempts and much more time to hone his strategy and see what he is capable of. But for the first time, I have a Primus hopeful.

Anyone good enough to sell snake oil, gets our support. Gooooo S.O.S.!

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One Armed Bandit wrote:
Primus

Anyone good enough to sell snake oil, gets our support. Gooooo S.O.S.!

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic