New Today: 2
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104513

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - The King of Primus! 2018-2019 Edition!
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

King of Primus 2018-19
====================
Who: 32 of the top teams and managers in Primus! (First 32 teams to sign up get in)

Each team must consist of 5 warriors, each of a *different* style.
A team may consist of one or more managers. A manager may belong to only one team.

Managers who are able to field 5 warriors of different styles for themselves are STRONGLY encouraged to do so, but for those that can't, combination teams are definitely allowed. Management reserves the right to veto any combination teams deemed "overpowered" (unlikely but you never know).

What: The King of Primus is a bracket-style competition where teams of 5 warriors fight against each other in a match play-like system.

Teams will be seeded 1 to 32 based on the AVERAGE rank of their warriors on turn 751 (due 11/7) of Primus. Warriors MUST be listed in the Turn 751 Newsletter to be eligible for the competition. Any ties in average rank will be broken by the ranking of the highest warrior.

On each team, warriors will be ranked 1 to 5 based on their ranking on turn 751 of Primus. During match play, the #1 warrior from Team A will match up with the #1 warrior from Team B, the #2 Team A warrior will match up with the #2 warrior from Team B, and so forth. Warrior rankings will remain static throughout the competition, as will manager seedings.

The King of Primus will be the one team that goes 5-0. Even though the contest is single elimination to determine the winner, there will be a consolation rounds and everyone will have five matches. In the end, everyone will find out where their stable really ranks in Primus!

Because of the quick turnaround, we will probably not be able to correct mistakes (especially if they are RSI's). If they're mine, such as I counted wrong, awarded the wrong winner, etc., I will do my best to correct them and notify managers of match up changes before the next round.
(In today's era, each manager should also Text/Diplo/Message me their phone number after entering so I can quickly notify you of mistakes and changes)

When: The contest will take place starting on Primus Turn 752 and will run for five turns, ending in Turn 756. The results of the Finals (as well as the scores of the rest of the matches) will be read live Friday Night on Facebook Live at the FTF!

Remember that your warriors must be listed in the Turn 751 newsletter to be eligible, so it's not a bad idea to climb up high in the rankings now to earn as high a seed as you can.

How: To enter, you can sign up in this thread, write an ad in the Primus newsletter, or PM/Email Manager with the following information: The Name(s) of managers on your team, the 5 warriors (Name AND ID# and style) to be on your team, and what warrior you want to select for a possible Royal Court Selection (see prize section).

Example: Manager's Team
---------------
1. Bonnie (29-2780) (AB)
2. Weird Head Boy (63-2216) (LU) *
3. Koji Shikeru (40-2619) (SL)
4. Skyfire (37-2065) (PL)
5. Patience (1-2619) (TP)
* Denotes Royal Court Prize Pick

Since the contest takes place in the arena, you'll have to read the newsletter and the forums to figure out who you will match up against each turn. We'll post all the managers and teams before the contest begins, as well, to make it easier.

Once you are entered, your warriors will run *regardless* of whether or not you entered a strategy! So you can't miss a turn, but you're also committed to running for the duration of the event!

Prizes: The winner of the competition will be named the King of Primus!!! As a winner, you get to control the fate of the arena for a very special Turn 757! The Winner of the contest can select three "decrees" from a list of items that will affect how Primus plays out on it's non-historic Turn 757!

They are:
==========
- Rename the Arena
- Have a non-automated spy report written by you or the manager of your choice
- Increase/Decrease the Skill Learning
- Increase/Decrease the Training Percentage
- Increase/Decrease the Kill Percentage
- No Challenges and/or Avoids
- Bring back the Defend Gate Challenge
- Have an NPC Match-Up Week!
- If you have other ideas, the Commission may consider it, but will have the right to refuse.
- All of these special decrees are for Turn 757 only.

As the King of Primus, you also get the first member of your Royal Court! When entering a team, each team who participates must designate one of their warriors to be in the "twin pool". (No DYOs or roll-up-altering warriors allowed.) After winning, one warrior will be drawn from the pool at RANDOM, and you will have the option to be able to "twin" that warrior's numbers and stick him on an existing team (no-tourney arenas not allowed), if you so desire. Consider carefully your odds of winning when choosing a warrior to donate to the Royal Court. You may opt out if you desire--but if you win, you don't get this part of the prize.

The Consolation Champion (17th place) gets 5 Team Roll-Ups.

The last place manager is deemed the Court Jester and wins a Hyborian War Set-Up.

Every Match win by a manager wins a 0.5 Faves Knowledge potion (max 4). A 0.5 Faves Knowledge Potion can tell you the exact Offensive Effort OR Activity Level of a warrior already inducted into Primus.

(Combo Teams only receive 1 potion per win, to be distributed at their discretion.)

The Dark One, by virtue of his picking the Gambler's Prize at the last KOP, can win a Favorites Potion with a First Place Finish in this event!

For everyone else, there is an exciting Consolation Prize Pool to keep everyone motivated to finish as high as possible. There are 30+ items in the Consolation Prize Pool--one of each item. The First Place Winner gets first choice of an item in the pool, second place gets the second choice, and so on. Whoever finishes last gets to choose from the remaining items. Here are the items in the Consolation Prize Pool:

Consolation Prize Pool
=======================
+1 Attack Bonus Potion -- Adds +1 to your Attack base. Can't be used to create an out of bounds warrior.

+1 Init Bonus Potion -- Adds +1 to your Init base. Can't be used to create an out of bounds warrior.

+1 Decise Bonus Potion -- Adds +1 to your Decise base. Can't be used to create an out of bounds warrior.

+1 Parry Bonus Potion -- Adds +1 to your Parry base. Can't be used to create an out of bounds warrior.

+1 Riposte Bonus Potion -- Adds +1 to your Riposte base. Can't be used to create an out of bounds warrior.

+1 Random Skill Bonus Potion -- Adds a random skill to your skill base. Can't be used to create an out of bounds warrior.

+3 Skill Learn Potion -- Add 3 skill learns (random) to any of your warriors in Primus! Can't be used after a Freeze Date and Before a tourney!

+ or - 1 Skill Learn (Targeted) Potion -- Add or remove 1 skill learn (of your choice) to any of your warriors in Primus! Can't be used after a Freeze Date and Before a tourney!

+20 Wins Potion -- Add 20 Wins to your Primus Team Record!

+30 FE Potion -- Add 30 FE to any one of your Primus warriors!

+5 Kills Potion -- Add 5 kills to your Primus team record with this prize!

+2 Stat Trains Potion -- Adds 2 Stat Trains to your warriors fighting in DM 102. Can't be used after a Freeze Date and Before a tourney!

+1 Stat Train Potion -- Adds 1 Stat Trains to your warrior fighting in DM 102. Can't be used after a Freeze Date and Before a tourney!

Prediction Prize -- You give RSI a list of 5 names of warriors who are likely to get a TV in the next Contenders Tourney. If all 5 of them
TV, then you get a +1 defense skill potion (no out of bounds). Otherwise, you get +1 Stat Train for each name that you guess correctly.

Faves Knowledge Potion -- Get the exact favorite OE and AL of any of your warriors fighting in Primus!

Race-Changing Prize -- Change the race of one of your Primus warriors to an existing or even a new race!

Rank Anywhere Prize -- Change the Primus ranking of any of your warriors from #2 to last place!

Attack Learn Prize -- Change the favorite learn of one of your warriors fighting in Primus, to Attack!

Random Book from Book Maze -- Get a random book from Book Maze, the book store that serves as RSI HQ! (Book Maze's choice)

Free Tourney Entry -- One free tourney entry for any non-AB Primus-Inducted warrior.

Fast Scouting Prize -- At the next FTF, before Sandy throws out the un-purchased roll-ups, you will have one minute to pick out exactly 3 of them to keep. You must be at the FtF or delegate this prize to someone.

Future Sight -- Get the Primus Results emailed to you exactly as they happen for 6 months! You get a few more days to plan your turn
ahead of the other folks.

Prize Roulette: You get another KOP Consolation Pool Prize at Random.

1 of OAB's leftover team roll-ups -- The king of ADM tourneys, OAB will provide one out of his unused team roll-ups, just for you! (Can be autographed if you desire). Who knows, you could find the next Rookies TC prize!

Weapon Weighting Prize: Your warrior gets a new favorite weapon at random of that has a weight of (Warrior's current Favorite Weapon Weight + 1) For example if your warriors' favorite weapon was the Medium Shield (Weight 4), he could get any favorite weapon that has a weight of 5. This prize can't be used on a warrior who has a favorite weapon of the max weight.

Lunger's Prize: Give any Primus warrior the Lunge tactic as a favorite Tactic!

Battle Axe Prize: Give any Primus warrior the Battle Axe as a favorite weapon!

Inversion Prize: Invert the Favorite Offensive Effort and Activity Level of any one of your Primus warriors! (So if your warrior's favorites were 10-6, they would now be 6-10).

Primus Grudge Match Coupon -- Get an extra Primus Grudge match-up at the next FtF!

RSI Pencil -- Get a free RSI Pencil, which you can currently only get if you attend FtFs! If you bring that pencil to an FTF, and then win a TC while using that pencil, then RSI will give you *another* pencil!

Mystery Prize -- Something on a warrior might change, but you can't predict or control what it is. (Think of it as a zap potion, but
what is zapped is random)

Bloodgames Team Roll-Up -- Get a free Bloodgames Team Roll-Up at the next FtF!

Never Happened Prize -- Remove one win from a warrior (that you don't own) who beat one of your Primus warriors in the arena. It's petty,
but that's life in Duel2.

All prizes must be used on a current warrior that the manager owns in Primus, unless otherwise stated.

"A Primus Warrior" refers to any warrior currently fighting in DM 102, despite what their tourney classification is.

Our Former Kings of Primus
==========================
2010: Manager
2012: The Dark One
2014: Papa Bear
2016: TUM
2018: ???
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I thinking about having guest commentary this turn. If you would like to be a guest commentator/analyst for this contest for a turn, please hit me up. You must have the Wednesday Night of the run date free to write your report and get it in the same night!
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm jn. My team is:

ISSUS (25-1745) of PAWN OF PROPHECY (2227)

DANGEROUS (32-1843) of SECRET SQUIRRELS (2322)

DOMINATUS NON VIZ (32-6347) of SECRET SQUIRRELS (2322)

UNGNOME SOLDIER (32-5933) of SECRET SQUIRRELS (2322)

ANTHRAXUS (33-5723) of HE BE GBS (2509)

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You need to put the styles of your warriors when you sign up.
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm in. My team is:

ISSUS (25-1745) of PAWN OF PROPHECY (2227) WS

DANGEROUS (32-1843) of SECRET SQUIRRELS (2322) PR

DOMINATUS NON VIZ (32-6347) of SECRET SQUIRRELS (2322) AB

UNGNOME SOLDIER (32-5933) of SECRET SQUIRRELS (2322) LU

ANTHRAXUS (33-5723) of HE BE GBS (2509) SL

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm in. My team is:

ISSUS (25-1745) of PAWN OF PROPHECY (2227) WS

DANGEROUS (32-1843) of SECRET SQUIRRELS (2322) PR

DOMINATUS NON VIZ (32-6347) of SECRET SQUIRRELS (2322) AB

UNGNOME SOLDIER (32-5933) of SECRET SQUIRRELS (2322) LU

ANTHRAXUS (33-5723) of HE BE GBS (2509) SL *

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Otto_X
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm in.

PICASSO (7-1534) (WS)
ROCKWELL (7-5003) (AB)
CAPTAIN CRUNCH (5-4330) (SL)*
ED 209 (5-3955) (PL)
HOT HAZEL (98-608) (LU)

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sign me up!

Dicky V Goes Postal 11-6940 (AB)

Carthoris Jeddak 26-2376 (LU) ***

Harmony 82-26932 (PL)

Consortium Dork 84-7918 (WS)

Jumpinjack Flash 13-5143 (PR)

"You're a madman!"
"Aye, I've come to the right place then."
TUM
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am in! Specific team members to come later...
TMM
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm also in, but I haven't determined my squad just yet.
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Count me in!

I have a few options, so I'm going to wait until I see how my warriors rank closer to the contest before I post my squad list.
Crip
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I will be in, but have to figure out my squad.
Papaiz
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm in!

Broken Arrow 71-2277 PL
First Born 68-8510 LU
Ginny's Secret 11-6295 AB
Lanfear 60-3433 ST
Yoshimitsu 41-3595 WS *
Khisanth
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In!
HowlinWolf
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I’m in as well. Looking forward to not being Court Jester!

Calis (56-3426) LU
Maktor (66-3115) WS
Franklins Tower (30-4725) AB
Charlie Patton (30-3911) PL
Sofa Knee (84-30839) ST
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic