New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1223

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Oct 2019 MI SPOILERS
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This thread is for TC lists, tourney reports, and other spoilers.

Some people try to avoid teasers, as well, so I am posting them here (by way of Howlin Wolf in Chatzy):

One guy killed 3 times in Rookies.

Delarqs took a lot of TCs.

A whole lot of warriors died in Rookies.

No interesting name patterns that [Lee] spotted so far.

It looks like everything printed and mailed on time. I'll be laying low and avoiding real spoilers until I get mine. Good luck and have fun reading!
ThePope
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I guess my staff will be busy with last rites. I am giggling a bit. I had no rookies in the tourney Smile Twisted Evil Smile

Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So, there's something going on with Challengers. It appears to have been run twice as I have multiple fights per round (through round 3 so far) per fighter. The first round the two opponents and fight text for each of my fighters was the same. But the trains and the next opponents were different. Round two same thing with different trains. Round three didn't get the train against one of my warrior's opponents in the win but, in the other round three fight with the same warrior, killed that opponent.

This one should be good to figure out!
Vladimer
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Unfortunately, it's the same for Champs and Adepts. I think it straightens out in Initiates as I only seem to have 1 fight per round per warrior (in round 1). I haven't looked further because it's tough to find the end of a round without spoiling the result for myself (by seeing who is still in late in the round).

I sent an email to Lee and Sandy. I would be surprised if this only impacted me.

Guess I will move forward with Initiates and set aside the other classes, since I certainly can't record them.
Vladimer
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Supposedly, you're supposed to count the last fights, per Lee:

"The last of the fights would be the correct one.
Not really sure how that happened, but there must've been data left over when I restarted it. "

Doubles and triples in most classes from Challengers to Rooks. Confused
Madwand
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good thing I mostly fought Dead. Wouldn't have a clue who learned what and when!

DM 47 Fast Food
DM 100, 102 and 106 Various Teams
And several 'Blades' Guilds across Alastari.

Scars fade, wounds heal but glory lasts forever!

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Will claim
TC in dead inits (Cannelton 14-1-2 AB)
TV in dead adepts (3rd) (Luna 11-3-0 LU)

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1162 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 154K+ fights and 103K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @1960; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1868; Lenpros DM30 @ 1704; Fandils DM46 @1613
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I sent a big crew hoping to get some "firsts". I had a great tourney, but failed at each of my goals.

Total entrants: 107
Overall record: 323-297-15-8 with 11 awards
Win percentage: 52%
Award percentage: 10%

My first goal was an elusive PR, WS, or PS TC. I didn't make it to a finals fight, but had a number of good runs. My PR bust-out in ADM earned a 9-3 TV, while a PR in Dead Adepts went even further with a 10-3-1 TV. Even better, a neat WS in Rookies went 11-3. My PS all did terrible, as expected.

Another goal was a Primus TV. After a 7-3 performance in July, SNAKE OIL SALESMAN only managed a 4-3, with back to back losses to BETTERTHANEVER in rounds 6 and 7. He beat a couple good ABs, though, so I remain hopeful.

Yet another goal was an Apprentices TC or a Rookies finalist. My closest was a 12-3 performance from a LU in Apprentices, but I came up short there as well (in 3rd place).

One final goal was to have a first ever multi-TC October tourney. That goal was a failure, as well, although I did squeak out an Adepts TC.

My TC in Adepts was a complete surprise. UPSILON CETI is a 14-7-6-21-20-11-5 BA that I designed with a Freshmen bust-out in mind. Due to mismanagement, I overshot Initiates, so she was entering Adepts with 20 FE, 16 of those from arena fights. She had a sprinkling of nice bonuses and was learning well, but she only does normal damage. She reached 20 Att learns midway through her run and she finished up with Ini and Dec learns in the high teens.

I don't subscribe to the conventional wisdom that it is better to use X weapon with penalties over Y weapon because X is slightly better than Y. I see this a lot with people using SC on 11 ST/7 DF Slashers instead of BS, and it also comes up with people using WH over MA with 5 DF Bashers. My opinion is that there are a larger variety of usable weapons than people think, and if you try them out, the game is more interesting and occasionally you find success.

I bring this up because UPSILON CETI used a MA for her entire tourney run. She started off 4-0, beating a SL, a LU, a PS, and a ST. She suffered her first setback in round 5 when she lost to a WS named PIERCE of JOKERS WILD. It was a close fight, but she lost an endurance roll at the start of minute 2 and PIERCE was able to take the initiative.

The next four rounds resulted in wins over a ST, a LU, and 2 SLs. She was now 8-1-1 with a TV virtually assured. Round 10 saw another WS match-up, this time versus GELATINOUS CUBE of MONSTER ROLL CALL 16. After two full minutes of MA bashing by UPSILON CETI, the CUBE was able to parry and riposte in minute 3 and won the fight. I figured I was lucky to get a TV, so anything else after this point was just gravy.

The next three rounds saw wins over a LU, a ST, and CONVICTED THIEF. Every one of her wins throughout the tourney was her getting the jump and raining down MA crits on her opponents. It was not particularly subtle.

Finally, round 14 saw her matched up with another WS, WORM HOLE of COLLEGE RADIO APPLE. She was 0-2 so far vs WS and lets face it, she was a BA. I was expecting to lose. But UPSILON CETI had other ideas. After a normal attack warm up, she started throwing crits at WORM HOLE and it took only 3 hits (2 to the same leg) to end the match.

One potential first that I didn't think of until I was reading my tourney was that it would be neat to get a warrior back from all 5 dead classes. I got a contest ST back from Dead Challengers, a 21-21 LU back from Dead Champions, and a contest PR back from Dead Adepts. With only 20 dead sent, I was rolling! In Dead Initiates, I got a PL to 8-1, but he died in the 10th round. I hear from reliable sources that if you get 8 wins in a dead tourney, Lee and Sandy will resurrect them even if they die afterwards.

So that just left Dead Apprentices. I was on the edge of my seat as ALPHA AQUARII, a SL at 7-2, needed just one more win to come back from the dead. She was matched up against a LU named EGGS OVER MEDIUM of SOMETHING SPECIAL in round 10. She got the jump, throwing BS attacks and landing a few blows, sending the LU desperate. The desperation strategy didn't seem to do much, as ALPHA AQUARII kept attacking and landed two more blows. But EGGS OVER MEDIUM made his WL roll to keep fighting and ALPHA AQUARII lost her endurance roll and got tired. The LU then stole the initiative and finished off my SL with a few pokes of the SS.

Five goals all ended in failure. And yet the tourney was a resounding success! I won a lucky TC with a BA, I earned 11 awards with 7 different styles, and I got 4 warriors back from the dead. And most of all, it remains enjoyable to play this great game and read the fights when they arrive in the mail.

Barring real life getting in the way, I expect to be in Tempe for the Winter FtF. My crew will be smaller, but hopefully I can find something sexy like a normal damage MA wielding BA to make the trip worthwhile...
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OAB, welcome to the very limited BA TC club!

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1162 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 154K+ fights and 103K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @1960; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1868; Lenpros DM30 @ 1704; Fandils DM46 @1613
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic