New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1225

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - January 2020 FTF -- It's On Like Donkey Kong! SPOILERS!!
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Vladimer
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, so I ultimately might not go. Because upgrades. But if I do, I'll see you there. Either way, I won't be bringing a duffel.

My tourney crew distilled to only the finest, settling in on 60 warriors from 261 I had flagged as potential entrants. "Contenders" seems like a misnomer. A heated discussion on Chatzy, in combination with a couple immort challengers, caused me to reassess the squad, ultimately landing on 65 entrants. Interestingly, to me anyway, this is exactly where I landed a year ago though I hadn't set out to imitate, despite it being the sincerest form of flattery. This is, of course, in addition to a crapmaster crew and a mailer BG team.

65 warriors break down like so:

Style:

AIMED BLOW 12
BASHING 3
LUNGING 16
PARRY-RIPOSTE 3
SLASHING 3
STRIKING 14
TOTAL PARRY 4
WALL OF STEEL 10

No PLs or PSs because PLs and PSs.

Breakdown by Class:

Rooks 24
Apps 8
Inits 10
Adepts 6
Champs 6
Challs 5
Fresh 2
ADM 4

The 41 non-rooks include 16 award winners with 24 awards between them, including 3 TCs and 3 RUs*, with a historical tourney win record of 61%. These are also inclusive of 3 immortal challengers.

On the rooks side I have probably my strongest class ever. Across the 24, there are 14 ratings of one sort or another. 75% have at least one 21 in a stat. Of the 25% that don't, 100% of them have a 17 ST... Just sayin' Wink

Of course, I have felt in the past that I had my strongest class ever in the past. I know how THAT went. Sad

To be clear, while I speak to the relative strength of my crew, last year was severely humbling, achieving a mere 9-3 as my best showing. So, I am hopeful that careful attention to past lessons learned might enable to me to improve on last year's performance. I certainly don't expect this year's field to be any easier! I am tempted to post goals for the tourney but, at this juncture, I am not sure what those would be. Maybe later.

Good luck to all -- except when you face me, of course -- and, hopefully, I'll see you at the Craft bar!

* Inclusive of Dead Tourney
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic