New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22264

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - April 2020 Mail-In
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Den
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Vladgina wrote:
Dense wrote:
I sent 0 this time. For some reason I thought this was a Tax Day tourney and was going to work on my strategy sheets this weekend. Then I noted the due date was the 1st.

Dense, I wanted to give you an early heads up that the Tourney is July 18th and thus falls on World Listening Day:

"Shhh… do you hear that? It’s the sound of World Listening Day approaching on July 18. World Listening Day is put on every year by the World Listening Project, a nonprofit organization that is “devoted to understanding the world and its natural environment, societies and cultures through the practice of listening and field recording.” They explore acoustic ecology, a discipline that studies the relationship between humans and the natural world as mediated through sound." https://nationaltoday.com/world-listening-day/

Given your well-established, well, relationship with natural world, I hoped this would resonate with you enough to make sure you got those easy wins in for the rest of us.

As it happens, the stewards of World Listening Day have a couple audio clips of you interacting with the natural world last year:

Clip One

"You look just like a hog.

"No, don't."

"Just like a hog."

"Come here, piggy, piggy, piggy."

"Come on, piggy. Come on, piggy."

Clip Two

[On a deer hunt]

[Whispering] "There he is. Beautiful, ain’t it? Give me the rifle."

"What rifle?"

"The rifle I gave you back at the car."

"I didn’t know you wanted me to carry the rifle."

Anyway, Dense, don't forget to sent strats early and often to celebrate World Listening Day!

Best regards,

Vladgina

Hey Vladgina, thanks for the reminder about World Listening Day, I have printed all the detail regarding this incredible celebration and handed it to my girlfriend, I expect immediate results.

The fate of my tourney is in the hands of the USPO and the strats did not arrive on time today as expected, so I am hoping the fine ladies at RSI will do me a solid and still get my crap entered, thus giving you the easy wins you need to be competitive.

I look forward to your after-tourney report so I have something to remind me of how good I have it compared to others.

Happy July Vladgina,
Den

Disclaimer. The above ad was probably written without malice and likely meant in jest. If you were offended, please understand being offended is a choice that YOU make and has little to do with my comment. Some look for reasons to be offended, some don't.
Vladimer
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You're welcome, Martin Luther Z. I'd never steer your wrong. Now, Dense on the other hand...
Den
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Vladgina wrote:
You're welcome, Martin Luther Z. I'd never steer your wrong. Now, Dense on the other hand...

No way would I steer a guy named Martin Luther wrong! I don't want to wake up to a thesis nailed to my door.

Disclaimer. The above ad was probably written without malice and likely meant in jest. If you were offended, please understand being offended is a choice that YOU make and has little to do with my comment. Some look for reasons to be offended, some don't.
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic