New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 22264

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Manager's Oct 2020 Mail-In Predictions
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There's many bad things that have happened in 2020 so far, but one of the biggest for a some of us (this weekend anyway), is that we're taking the
game seriously again and still haven't won a TC this year! With a new exciting prize people are clearly going to send good stuff, is there
any hope to break through the establishment?

Primus: TMM maybe came the closest he's ever had to losing the Primus TC in awhile, thanks to a gritty effort by Sebastian and LHI. Other Aimers
like Calavera have been on a roll lately. It looks like the return of Doc Steele has change the math of Primus a little, but TMM's squad
still looks very strong. Numerically, he owns about a 3rd of the AB field.
TC: Bob (TMM) R-Up: Samurai (TMM) Sleeper: John Ashcroft (TMM)

Contenders: Howling Wolf had an exciting breakthrough in taking his class as his AB squad slowly begins to mature. I see a 5-manager race here right now, a lot of it will come down to numbers and match-ups, which is normal. Slight advantage to TMM.
TC: TMM R-Up: Papa Bear Sleeper: Khisanth

Eligibles: This could be a more competitive than expected class, with the first training turn of KOP taking place in the improved training turn, a lot
of people went after (and got) hard trains or tons of Gate Skills in their first bustout turn. I'm not sure who got what, but it seems a lot of
people made attempts and the winner could easily be a surprise bustout.
TC: TMM R-Up: TUM Sleeper: OAB

ADM: Not a lot of impressive bustouts according to my sources, but there are a good number of them. As always, there's some parking warriors with big physicals that could cause trouble. In the absence of impressive bustouts, maybe this is the time for one of them to win?
TC: HW R-Up: OAB Sleeper: Khisanth

Freshmen: I'm expecting a pretty by the book Freshmen. Someone will bustout a putz PS, ST or BA or something and beat Flying Pig for the TC. (Sorry, TDO)
TC: HW R-Up: TDO Sleeper: OAB

Challengers: The Challengers suck off actually grabbed a couple of warriors I would have pegged as contenders this time, and the trouble with predictions
is picking the managers that might have one really good challenger vs. the managers that have multiple TV shots.
TC: Assur R-Up: HW Sleeper: DMobster

Champs: I don't know if OAB will run his Adepts army, but if he does, he's the favorite. Not sure of the competition level this time, this is one of the
classes that's more likely from a weakened field if managers are holding back for favorites or something in January.
TC: OAB R-Up: DMobster Sleeper: TMM

Adepts: I actually think this one could be competitive. I'm weary to pick godlings because I've seen enough of them lose to random Strikers, but the field is intimidated by Floyd. That's half the battle.
TC: Floyd R-Up: Doc Steele Sleeper: Khisanth

Inits: Look for a lot of the Rainbows that were in Rookies to be in Inits this time out. You gotta go with the Champ, but after 10 FE, anyone could surprise here.
TC: Chief Illiniwek R-Up: TMM Sleeper: Dr. F
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerrrrrrrrrrrrrr,
Thanks for the write-up.
Good luck. Here's hope for an "ayne" TC!

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
ThePope
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

An intriguing analysis, Mgrr. Well done. I hope that one day I am worthy to be mentioned.

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic