New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104511

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - wow is this bad luck or not so much?
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The_Professor
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was kinda excited about this contest, put in the request for 7 team sheets over three weeks ago, they never got sent out, then finally when asked what happened, when I got them every single one was absolute crap, there is not even one single rollup I would be excited to play. I threw the entire pile into the trash in disgust. Is this at all normal? The three teams I got at the face to face were every one superior to these 7, two of them far superior. In any case, how many should I have asked for to ensure I get SOMETHING to play with. Now it's going to be too late to get the bonus prize so probably going to pass on joining.

I can't say I've bought a ton of team sheets, but in my experience even the bad ones have at least one guy I'd be excited to run. Not here. They were so bad I won't even waste the stamps/paper to see what they turn out like.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The_Professor wrote:
I was kinda excited about this contest, put in the request for 7 team sheets over three weeks ago, they never got sent out, then finally when asked what happened, when I got them every single one was absolute crap, there is not even one single rollup I would be excited to play. I threw the entire pile into the trash in disgust. Is this at all normal? The three teams I got at the face to face were every one superior to these 7, two of them far superior. In any case, how many should I have asked for to ensure I get SOMETHING to play with. Now it's going to be too late to get the bonus prize so probably going to pass on joining.

I can't say I've bought a ton of team sheets, but in my experience even the bad ones have at least one guy I'd be excited to run. Not here. They were so bad I won't even waste the stamps/paper to see what they turn out like.

RU sheets can be disappointing, for sure. A lot depends on one's expectations. There are few sheets with godlings, and only a handful with 2
+ godlings. n my last 10, I found - 2 teams I would run (no godlings, but 5 decent arena warriors, 1 team with 2 and 6 teams with 1 warrior, I would or might consider for tournament (and arena play) and one sheet whose best warrior was a barely runnable 15 witter. I would say this was typical for what I get.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Madwand
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The_Professor wrote:

I usually order 20 sheets at a time. I expect to have 5 to 10 warriors total from 100 I would run in tourney's. Looking for a solid arena team could be difficult, as most sheets would only have a couple runnable warriors on them. Sheets with 5 runnable warriors are rare imo.

DM 47 Fast Food
DM 100, 102 and 106 Various Teams
And several 'Blades' Guilds across Alastari.

Scars fade, wounds heal but glory lasts forever!

The_Professor
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Expectations are key in all matters. Mine were skewed evidently by the 3 sheets I picked up at the Winter FtF. One team had 5 playable with 2 blue chips, 2nd had 2 blue chips and crap, 3rd had one standout warrior that I had overlooked until the recent mail in, after closer review I decided he was tourney worthy and he surprised me with a Rookie TV/Stylemaster performance.

Given this, I was expecting at least a one playable team, but not even close. I asked Lee to express me another 7 Team sheets, if none of those are any good it just wasn't meant to be.

Appreciate the feedback!
The_Professor
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Madwand wrote:
The_Professor wrote:

I usually order 20 sheets at a time. I expect to have 5 to 10 warriors total from 100 I would run in tourney's. Looking for a solid arena team could be difficult, as most sheets would only have a couple runnable warriors on them. Sheets with 5 runnable warriors are rare imo.

I'm happy with 1 blue chip and 2 playable, 2 blue chips and garbage, or 3 playable. Anything more is gravy. I don't mind using the dark arena, it's just difficult to build using it if you don' already have those 2-3 quality guys. I was thinking that driving home, 20/$100 is probably what one needs to commit to if you want a standout starting group as mentioned above.

PS is that in reference to the excellent R Zealzny book?
Madwand
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The_Professor wrote:
Madwand wrote:
The_Professor wrote:

I'm happy with 1 blue chip and 2 playable, 2 blue chips and garbage, or 3 playable. Anything more is gravy. I don't mind using the dark arena, it's just difficult to build using it if you don' already have those 2-3 quality guys. I was thinking that driving home, 20/$100 is probably what one needs to commit to if you want a standout starting group as mentioned above.

If your just looking for an arena team for a contest and not looking to build your tourney crew, 20 sheets more or less is probably a good number. For tourney, you likely need to look at 100 sheets per year to remain competitive. I have a large stack of crap/unused sheets lying around but can always find something there if I dont feel like ordering more at the time. just ask Assur!

And yes, Madwand was a name I picked up from a certain Zealzny book, one of my favorite authors...... Very Happy

Glad you didn't get discouraged by your last set of sheets. It can be funny where you may get 3 or 4 really good sheets in a row and then nothing for a long while. Requires some level of patience and tolerance! Good luck.

DM 47 Fast Food
DM 100, 102 and 106 Various Teams
And several 'Blades' Guilds across Alastari.

Scars fade, wounds heal but glory lasts forever!

Visionst01
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Remember to keep your bad sheets for possible use in FtF Crapmaster.

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
Clan Longbeard in DM 81 Shadowspire
The_Professor
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've never participated but I see one that is a real humdinger after rescuing them from the rubbish. Thanks!
The_Professor
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

These seven were quite a bit better: I'd say the best team from the first batch would be the seventh best of this batch. One team has 4 solid/fun gladiators including the rare playable 20 size guy. The 5th will have to DA. Another team had 4 decent warriors, but all were the type that you'd be happy to have as your 3rd or 4th. Then there were a number of the typical bad teams with at least one rollup that could/should be tourney material if the engine is friendly.

Now I just have to get them In on time...
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The_Professor wrote:
These seven were quite a bit better: I'd say the best team from the first batch would be the seventh best of this batch. One team has 4 solid/fun gladiators including the rare playable 20 size guy. The 5th will have to DA. Another team had 4 decent warriors, but all were the type that you'd be happy to have as your 3rd or 4th. Then there were a number of the typical bad teams with at least one rollup that could/should be tourney material if the engine is friendly.

Now I just have to get them In on time...

All right!
Good luck.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
The_Professor
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Madwand wrote:
The_Professor wrote:
Madwand wrote:
The_Professor wrote:

If your just looking for an arena team for a contest and not looking to build your tourney crew, 20 sheets more or less is probably a good number. For tourney, you likely need to look at 100 sheets per year to remain competitive. I have a large stack of crap/unused sheets lying around but can always find something there if I dont feel like ordering more at the time. just ask Assur!

And yes, Madwand was a name I picked up from a certain Zealzny book, one of my favorite authors...... Very Happy

Glad you didn't get discouraged by your last set of sheets. It can be funny where you may get 3 or 4 really good sheets in a row and then nothing for a long while. Requires some level of patience and tolerance! Good luck.

BTW hi up there in Alberta, the company I'm working for now is based out of Calgary, the folks are a pleasure to work with.
bubbaganoosh
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The_Professor wrote:
I've never participated but I see one that is a real humdinger after rescuing them from the rubbish. Thanks!

post up some scans in the Discord... let's see how bad these sheets are.

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum