New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22264

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - 10 Year Check in Grand Wizard of Dueling
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
GrandWizard
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow happy to see that fights are still happening on the Dueling sands! Its hard to believe that I first played this game in 1983 or 84 it was when the Kolact arena first opened. I hope all of you old timers that are still out there are doing well. Everybody take care and have a happy New Year!

Grand Wizard of Dueling
Very Happy
Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You should sign in to Chatzky and say hello. I started in 1986 and came back in 2012.

50 Blades of Grey DM-99
Miserable Men DM-99
Brony Cringe DM-99
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Some of us have, indeed, been here a long, long time.

Happy New Year back at ya!

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey!
Who were you back in Kolact?
I ran the Vikings - I got the turn one turnsheet and showed up in time for turn 3. The Vikings still show up there from time to time.
GrandWizard
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nomad I ran the Rippers as my first team ever. I was there for some time I definitely had a losing record and never had any good fighters but that arena was allot of fun. If I remember correctly there was a lunger named Dark One and a basher Goodie TwoShoe's that were the first DM's there but we are fact checking an old memory Razz
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

GrandWizard wrote:
Nomad I ran the Rippers as my first team ever. I was there for some time I definitely had a losing record and never had any good fighters but that arena was allot of fun. If I remember correctly there was a lunger named Dark One and a basher Goodie TwoShoe's that were the first DM's there but we are fact checking an old memory Razz

Goody Twoshoes of Bed Time Stories was the first ever DM in Kolact - and the only warrior to graduate the turn ADM started, so he was the first ever graduate from 10. I remember Dark One, but don't think I ever fought him. And I definitely remember the Rippers! I have the old turn sheets - I may have to go back and look up some of your guys.

I ran a tourney warrior named Goody Twoshoes on a team called Historical Kolact that got me a runner-up in a rookies tourney some years ago, so I like the old arena.

Wait, was Pong one of yours?
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Kickin' it old-school on this thread now! Methinks the Grand Wizard must now wave his wand and send in some turn sheets! Very Happy

GrandWizard
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

[/quote]Goody Twoshoes of Bed Time Stories was the first ever DM in Kolact - and the only warrior to graduate the turn ADM started, so he was the first ever graduate from 10. I remember Dark One, but don't think I ever fought him. And I definitely remember the Rippers! I have the old turn sheets - I may have to go back and look up some of your guys.

I ran a tourney warrior named Goody Twoshoes on a team called Historical Kolact that got me a runner-up in a rookies tourney some years ago, so I like the old arena.

Wait, was Pong one of yours?[/quote]

Nomad,

Yes Pong was one of the crew P/L if memory serves me. I stole that name from the Top Secret role playing game for you old guys out there Razz. Unfornately the banker box of all my old DM stuff didnt survive my last move and all of that old dot matrix paper disappeared Sad I am glad you remember the Rippers hopefully I didn't put too many embarrassing posts in those old news letters!

Stik that is not a bad idea I may do that for some nostalgia. It would be nice to go back to having to wait with anticipation for results. Do they still mail them?
GrandWizard
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nomad,

Yes Pong was one of the crew P/L if memory serves me. I stole that name from the Top Secret role playing game for you old guys out there Razz. Unfornately the banker box of all my old DM stuff didnt survive my last move and all of that old dot matrix paper disappeared Sad I am glad you remember the Rippers hopefully I didn't put too many embarrassing posts in those old news letters!

Stik that is not a bad idea I may do that for some nostalgia. It would be nice to go back to having to wait with anticipation for results. Do they still mail them?[/quote]
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yep the game is still play by mail, although as you've seen, they post the newsletters online. In most ways, it hasn't changed a bit!

If you lost all your old stuff, email and ask Lee or Sandy to find your old acct no. and I think with that they can link any/all your old teams if you want to resurrect any of them, or you can request a few fresh team sheets at $5 a pop to start new in whatever arena you like!

Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I remember Pong quite well, actually. He was 18-5 and the Duelmaster. My guy, Chimborazo, was the first actually solid warrior i built - he was a lunger sort of modeled after the "perfect lunger" articles that were written. Chimborazo matched up with Pong and . . . sorry . . . killed him. It got me my first ever duelmaster and first ever graduate in one fell swing. Sadly, you stopped playing after that. Hmmmm . . . perhaps that isn't the memory I should be bringing up if I'm hoping you might return to the game! But it was a big win in my career! And I was probably only 15 at the time so you can't get too annoyed at a kid, can you?
GrandWizard
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nomad,
Lol now that jogged my memory now i definitely remember him Razz. No better way to take the DM than that! I had started a team in another arena at the time so that is where i went. I remember that perfect lunger article Smile. What arenas are you playing in now any suggestions? Smile
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Home for me is Sunset - arena 21. It is a great arena and one of the more active ones. A tough arena, but a great one. I also play in arena 81 - which is the original no-tourney arena. No hidden fights or tourney babies - everyone is exactly what they look like. Arena 10 is a bit quiet right now, sadly. I do pop in their on occasion, although it has been a while.

If you have questions or want help with any part of things just ask - here or send a Private Message. I'd be glad to help and I can guarantee others will as well.
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Preach it Brother Nomad! Sunset is THE BEST IMHO, but Nitytyole is the biggest regular arena still. I'd strongly consider however, starting up in one of your old haunts that has just a few teams in it now, there are many to choose from sadly. Or even do 10 turns in Noblish Island (the newbie arena) to get your footing, then transfer out to an arena of your choosing!

If you do order some team sheets, don't hesitate to post them on here or contact anyone privately for rollup advice, managers will give you good "modern" advice on how to make a sheet competitive and which sheet to choose, cuz as you may remember they're not all created equal!

Hope to see you on the sands! Blades up!!

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic