New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22264

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Mail-In Apr 2015 SPOILER and after-tournament discussions
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Congrats on the success OAB! You did seem ready to go for this tourney!

Well, mine went with the title, "Different tourney, same results..." Crying or Very sad Mad Embarassed

Don't have the WL% figured out, too depressing to bother! But out of 18 sent, all in basic, I had 4 deaths, most in a long time, especially for the number of warriors sent. Had that offensive waste I posted about die, along with my LU Azu Laydying from Sunset, and two nice slashers. I did get two out of four nice replacements (6-3-11-10-13-11-16 and 9-3-10-12-9-12-15) but the other two, including the Sunset one, are very blah.

And of course no mailer would be complete for me without having my slasher TV hopes raised and then dashed again. Slasher One went 7-3 in apps, getting eliminated by a striker who apparently wasn't running decise. I had been using an anti-striker response strat that had gotten him by a couple others but not at the moment of truth. Honestly I knew he was going to lose the round 10 fight, and didn't get that excited. The fates are against me here, I am convinced.

My two best plungers went 2-3-0 and 5-3-1 in adepts and inits. Second one started off 4-0-1 but then hit the buzzsaw. I'm about out of answers and tired of the questions here, can't seem to get over the hump. OAB if you figure out how you did it let me know...

My PRs weren't any better. Had one get knocked out by the eventual adepts TC The Goose. He definitely had some skills, especially for a piker! Nice to see one dominate. Had another 21 DF shoulda-been-an-AB setup start off 4-0 in rookies before being ushered out at 5-3-0, we have some lovely parting gifts for you, this way please.

so $125 down the drain basically. Not sure why I bother at this point, but I'm sure by next mailer I'll have rekindled myself some spark of hope and go at it again. At least in October I can get out the favorite dead guys again and watch them get crushed as well. Good times! Confused Embarassed Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes

Lugal_gg
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This tourney was no better for me Stik. None of the 4 I sent got past round 6 ADM/Freshmen.
I chose guys who have done well before. Being older and wiser I chose what I thought would be good strats for my guys. None of my guys are hosed, all were bonused and had decent fav's.

My Striker, who was my first grad, was sent just due to nostalgia.
Since he skilled out, burned 1 skill by accident, ah well he is +4 in that skill anyway. Going for stat raises this time.
First fight was against a Lunger. Striker threw a bunch of crits and the lunger ate them up. I won in the end, the lunger ate 3 crits. First crit was a neck shot that knocked him done.
Second fight was another lunger. THis lunger ate 4 crits before going down.
Third fight was against a offensive TP. He got the jump on me using a TP strat. Missed though. It was down hill after the first minute. The TP countered and just kept swinging. Lost this one.
Fourth fight was against a naked slasher. He got the jump on me and had me on the ropes till I broke his weapon. Then Striker made an attempt for a come back. Failed. Damn slasher pulled his backup out and whooped on Striker. Lost this one.
Fifth fight was with a lunger who got the jump on me. Striker never recovered. My armor is proving to be worthless.
All I know is my setup sucked this tourney. Only 1 stat raise.

For sure my stud Lunger1 would turn things around me! This guy was the one I had thought would be the guy to go deep. Need 10 more skills to get 120.
Fight one was against an aimer. This guy appears to have low CON, easy win for Lunger1. 2 hits to the head will end things quickly, normally. I loved that all swings were crits.
Second fight was against a lunger who riposted my opening swing and promptly sent me to the infirmary.
Third fight was another aimer. Ugh. My opening was a crit between the eyes. This was a back and forth fight. Damn guy was unarmed and came close to beating me, after eating those crits.
Fourth fight is Lunger1 against basher. Suprised by that. He soaked up two crits before dropping the halberd on Lunger1. That was sad.
Fifth fight is against a aimer again. Unarmed as well. None of the crits did a thing to him. He just beat the crap out Lunger1 for 3 minutes. Lunger1 would swing, he would counter.
Sixth fight was against a TP. He outlasted Lunger1 and didn't hesitate to bash with his large shield.
At least I got some skills. Damn aimers.

Lunger2 was a guy that had great physicals and did great in basic.
First fight was against a aimer. Another damn aimer. He even got the jump. Took 3 minutes, but Lunger2 got a win in the end. The last minute the aimer just stood still while 3 straight hits ended it.
Second fight was a lunger. He got Init and kept it. Lunger2 went down.
Third fight was against a waste. This guy might as well have been a a aimer, he wrecked Lunger2. THe guy was maxed out in weight and still got the jump on Lunger2. Fight went for 2 minutes, just can't do anything against a counter. Lunger2 swings, waste counters. Lost.
Fourth fight is against an aimer. Geez, are there any other class in the tourney? THe aimer was unarmed and took 4 minutes to finally beat Lunger2. We knocked each other down in the fight. The winner is the one who had more CON/Damage_mitigation. Fun fight to read.
Aimers, really starting to dislike them.

My last guy was a SCUM. I sent him since he had bonuses in ATK & DEC. Wanted to see this guy use his fav weapon with a bit of offense. This guy lost 3 straight. Greatsword didn't do to well. After he droped his GS he pulled his Warhammer out and actually was parrying well. Frustrating. Only a few skills left till he is done though.

This was a good tourney from a perspective of learning, not from somebody who expected at least 2 guys to reach round 8. I still have a lot to learn on how to run a team. I just assumed if I used favs with what worked well in basic, I should do well. Nope. Got some thinking to do.

TLDR- Ruff time, hate aimers. Wishing my one aimer wasn't hosed and dead.

_Buri_
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

just a short recap of my tourney, because face it guys; the more you type, the less of it people will read!
I did pretty good in the W/L category, with 7 sent I went 31-21-2, one of my best outings ever in that category. Now the bad news... lost the Lunger (15-3-7-21-17-5-17) in round 12. Even though he was 9-3-0, technically no TV. I Lost a great ST in round 8 of the champs too (17-6-10-21-9-4-17). The 21CN WS only went 6-3-0, and my only viable OH AB went 0-3-0 again, losing to 3 ABs.
So overall, not a happy tourney for me. My tourney pipeline was pretty small before this, now it's decimated, and I've got some re-building to do.

Terminator
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stik wrote:
So $125 down the drain basically. Not sure why I bother at this point, but I'm sure by next mailer I'll have rekindled myself some spark of hope and go at it again. At least in October I can get out the favorite dead guys again and watch them get crushed as well. Good times! Confused Embarassed Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes

This is why you need to stop wasting money on tourney's and use it to start a team in Shadowspire instead! Wink

Vanek, Manager of the Warmasters (DM-81)
Hombre
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Does anyone have a TC/Runner-up list? The tourney newsletter was a bit... lacking.
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hombre wrote:
Does anyone have a TC/Runner-up list? The tourney newsletter was a bit... lacking.

Primus: TMM/AB
Contenders: OAB/LU
Eligibles: TUM/LU
ADM: Mannequin/PL
Freshmen: OAB/AB
Challengers: Khisanth/TP
Champions: Tolbin/PR
Adepts: Hombre/PS
Initiates: HowlinWolf/ST
Apprentices: TDO/ST
Rookies: Assur/AB
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

One Armed Bandit wrote:
Hombre wrote:

TCs

Primus: TMM/AB
Contenders: OAB/LU
Eligibles: TUM/LU
ADM: Mannequin/PL
Freshmen: OAB/AB
Challengers: Khisanth/TP
Champions: Tolbin/PR
Adepts: Hombre/PS
Initiates: HowlinWolf/ST
Apprentices: TDO/ST
Rookies: Assur/AB