New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 22265

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - 6-11-14-12-8-9-10
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
KidArcane
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, after that last post, I guess I should put this out and let you guys second-guess me, too.

I tried something different (for me). What would you guys do? Confused

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The first ten points are pretty clear (ST to 9, WT to 17, WL to 9, DF to 11). You have a little wiggle room on the remaining 4 points. You are expecting Poor endurance and Good damage with those numbers, so you are probably limited to the few endurance conserving styles (ST, PS, and PR, mostly). Those styles also have lower skill bases, though, so I'd be inclined to use the last 4 points to squeeze in as many extra skills as possible by adding to DF.

So that leaves me with:

6-11-14-12-8-9-10 --> 9-11-14-17-9-9-15

I'd probably make it a PR and keep it on a short leash.
jack
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

11-11-14-17-11-9-11 QS using basher or a ST

gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

6-11-14-12-8-9-10 -->10-11-14-17-9-12-11 ST

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
jack
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

9-15-14-17-9-9-11 or 11-13-14-17-9-9-11 TP

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

KidArcane wrote:
Well, after that last post, I guess I should put this out and let you guys second-guess me, too.

I tried something different (for me). What would you guys do? Confused

We only offer opinions on rollups where the owner has already offered an opinion.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
KidArcane
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

One Armed Bandit wrote:
The first ten points are pretty clear (ST to 9, WT to 17, WL to 9, DF to 11)....I'd be inclined to use the last 4 points to squeeze in as many extra skills as possible by adding to DF.

So that leaves me with:

Wow. That's what I did! I guess I got it right!

I made it a PR, but only because the CN was a little too high for a Striker and the ST too low. If the ST could be higher it would've been a PS, because then I'm looking at Great or even another Tremendous damage. I have pretty much given up on making Strikers or BAs if they can't do at least Great damage... but that's another post. I don't know about the "short leash" part. What does that look like in the arena?

I don't really know how to run a PR; I've only had a few and I've never graduated one in over a dozen years of playing this game. The style just doesn't appeal to me, but I'm trying to 'explore' and 'expand' my POV. So, I'm going to be relying heavily on some older articles at Terrablood's site and the Red Book of Lies. We'll see how it goes. As I said, I think that the way it rolls up (bonused or hosed) will shape how long it sticks around. Wink

Thanks everyone for your opinions. Sometimes it seems like what's 'obvious' to me can be so far from what is probably the 'best' or 'better' solution. I appreciate your input.

And thanks, Consortium, for bothering to remind me that your opinion is judiciously weighed and measured out ONLY when certain conditions apply. Good to know, I guess. Rolling Eyes

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

KidArcane wrote:
I don't really know how to run a PR; I've only had a few and I've never graduated one in over a dozen years of playing this game. The style just doesn't appeal to me, but I'm trying to 'explore' and 'expand' my POV. So, I'm going to be relying heavily on some older articles at Terrablood's site and the Red Book of Lies. We'll see how it goes. As I said, I think that the way it rolls up (bonused or hosed) will shape how long it sticks around.

I'm not particularly good with PRs, but I have two tips that could help.

The most likely favorites for a PR by far are low OE/moderate AL, so I would start by trying 4-6 or 3-5 for strategy and see how the warrior responds. I wouldn't bother with the Rip tactic, since PRs are so naturally Riposte-y, but Parry tactic might come in handy in certain situations.

I think this warrior can only carry 12 points of weight before becoming over encumbered (one of the perils of running a 9 ST hybrid or defensive). PRs don't respond well to carrying more than they should. So you'll have to skimp on something and possibly more than one thing, like off-hands, armor, helm, back-ups. Something like SC/DA, no back-up, ARM/S would come in right at the limit.

Good luck!
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

KidArcane wrote:
One Armed Bandit wrote:
The first ten points are pretty clear (ST to 9, WT to 17, WL to 9, DF to 11)....I'd be inclined to use the last 4 points to squeeze in as many extra skills as possible by adding to DF.

So that leaves me with:

Wow. That's what I did! I guess I got it right!

I made it a PR, but only because the CN was a little too high for a Striker and the ST too low. If the ST could be higher it would've been a PS, because then I'm looking at Great or even another Tremendous damage. I have pretty much given up on making Strikers or BAs if they can't do at least Great damage... but that's another post. I don't know about the "short leash" part. What does that look like in the arena?

I don't really know how to run a PR; I've only had a few and I've never graduated one in over a dozen years of playing this game. The style just doesn't appeal to me, but I'm trying to 'explore' and 'expand' my POV. So, I'm going to be relying heavily on some older articles at Terrablood's site and the Red Book of Lies. We'll see how it goes. As I said, I think that the way it rolls up (bonused or hosed) will shape how long it sticks around. Wink

Thanks everyone for your opinions. Sometimes it seems like what's 'obvious' to me can be so far from what is probably the 'best' or 'better' solution. I appreciate your input.

And thanks, Consortium, for bothering to remind me that your opinion is judiciously weighed and measured out ONLY when certain conditions apply. Good to know, I guess. Rolling Eyes

As always, you are very welcome.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic