New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22264

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - 2 teams 1 arena
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Balzar
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dudes,
If I have a team in an arena, can I start a new team and put them in the same arena?

-Balzar, jack-ass who never listens to JE, manager of Thundercats

Honorable mention 6th grade spelling-bee
JE
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No. Not without having the old team deleted.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Or, of course, there is DM82.

To get multiple teams in an arena would require some kind of relationship with a team from one of the closed arena (a few years ago) and moving that to the arena where you want two.

That is why DM11 has both our Bulldogs and Animal Farm. (which was moved from "closed" DM20)

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
TalonVolksie
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's a shame we can't waive that rule for teams in 82....tourney teams that have not fought in the arena yet. I have several teams in 82 that turns out are better than i thought but would rather those warriors fight in a non-GOD warrior arena.

If I could I would move teams out of 82 and into the dying arenas that Im in .... 38, 63, 46, 51 etc.

Talon

BLOODGAMES DOMINATORS!
Bookie
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

TalonVolksie wrote:
It's a shame we can't waive that rule for teams in 82....tourney teams that have not fought in the arena yet. I have several teams in 82 that turns out are better than i thought but would rather those warriors fight in a non-GOD warrior arena.

If I could I would move teams out of 82 and into the dying arenas that Im in .... 38, 63, 46, 51 etc.

Talon

I for one am all for making it 3 teams per arena per account PERIOD. (like is done for transfer teams from closed arenas). Hell, if only two guys care enough about one small arena to run 3 each it'd keep the place going and would be better then 3 active teams and probably one of them Judith.

And btw...god bless judith for keepin some of those places floating and thanks for being there to provide learns. It's an admirable thing to try and do. But we still need changes to the game to save basic.

Suicidal Dreams--DM 36
Naturalborn Killers--DM 18
Adult Swim--DM 47
kLk Forums: http://s9.invisionfree.com/ILLUMINATIDM
Love me, hate me, you'll never forget me.....
Bounty Hunter of Alastari's Mos
TalonVolksie
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Bookie wrote:
But we still need changes to the game to save basic.

How about waiving the turn fee and just have a warrior fee?

It will never fly, but if you want to draw in new managers who are playing online games that charge $9.99-$24 / month.....

BLOODGAMES DOMINATORS!
illkidk
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

TalonVolksie wrote:

How about waiving the turn fee and just have a warrior fee?

It will never fly, but if you want to draw in new managers who are playing online games that charge $9.99-$24 / month.....

I agree with you totally, Talon. I actually think that basic should be treated just like advanced. We should consolidate all the way down to a handful and run as many warriors as we want with no turn fees. RSI will lose and save money with this idea. The only way DM will ever see any sort of surge in participation is if they become competitive in pricing with the 9.95 a month, unlimited access, on demand, envelope pushing graphics, multiplayer online games. I would never be able to get any more friends to play this game because it's like cigarettes, a complete waste of money unless you are already addicted.

Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

this discussion should probably move to a new thread but i'll continue it. RSI will of course talk about what costs are present for why they can not lower the fees, plus they need to make money. I understand that completely.

However lets move into the information age. Move this whole game online in terms of the distribution of information and let managers access turns and download them via the internet to their computers. Obviously for those that dont have i-net access can still get the mailers.

One huge cost savings to RSI and us would be paper. Look at the F2F's, how much paper is wasted and thrown out? I keep 20% of all my fights after I document skill/stat trains. If I could download a turn from an arena, view it online and have the option to print out the fight/turn/newsletter if I want, that would be a great step forward.

Savings....paper, cost of stamps, and time wasted from turn post date on the internet and the week it takes to get the mailing.

BLOODGAMES DOMINATORS!
_Carnage_
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think putting the game entirely on the internet would end up disappointing most of us in the long run. I think the "Anticipating the mailman" aspect is one of the best parts of the game. Wink

Namenlos
Bookie
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

_Carnage_ wrote:
I think putting the game entirely on the internet would end up disappointing most of us in the long run. I think the "Anticipating the mailman" aspect is one of the best parts of the game. Wink

Namenlos

ever catch yourself somewhere (an office or home) and notice the mail and see that green triangle envelope? Do you do a double take? Do you look for the RSI logo? Do you wonder if your dentist is secretly Doc Legrande? hmmmm Hmmmmmm.

bookie, who won't admit he did it but maybe he did.....

Suicidal Dreams--DM 36
Naturalborn Killers--DM 18
Adult Swim--DM 47
kLk Forums: http://s9.invisionfree.com/ILLUMINATIDM
Love me, hate me, you'll never forget me.....
Bounty Hunter of Alastari's Mos
Balzar
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Your dentist is Doc Legrande too?

-Balzar, feels like he is in the movie "memento", manager of teams that say no to drugs

Honorable mention 6th grade spelling-bee
TalonVolksie
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

_Carnage_ wrote:

Namenlos

I would be fine with no envelope if I didn't have to wait a week to get my turn...or deal with the lost turn.

Besides, my idea would have the computer print out the green envelope as the cover sheet Smile

BLOODGAMES DOMINATORS!
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

_Carnage_ wrote:

Namenlos

We agree wholeheartedly. We truly appreciate the advantages the on-line abilities give us in communications, information, etc - but the actual "mail" in play-by-mail is the utmost "upper".

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Bookie wrote:
_Carnage_ wrote:

Namenlos

Do you wonder if your dentist is secretly Doc Legrande? hmmmm Hmmmmmm.
bookie, who won't admit he did it but maybe he did.....

Well now ......
Doc Legrande lunges with his needle. Namelos takes a prick to the inner cheek. Dock LeGrande bashes with his pick. Namelos is impervious to the pain being protected by the novocaine. Dock LeGrande strikes with his high speed drill. It is a mighty blow. Namelos falls unconscious onto his green RSI-imprinted envelope. The crowd roars its appreciation as Doc 's attendant offers the invoice.

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic