New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - TURN 11 ***SPOILERS***
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TripwireDuel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tripwire's Turn 11 UNOFFICIAL RANKINGS

There is one turn remaining and it looks like it is all but over. However, amazingly, the following teams can still tie/surpass Janix and come in first with miracle turns. G House2, Of Wolf and Man, Caress of Steel, Sea Dogs, B Beasts2, Steel Reign, Hold that Tiger, Leaky Teepee

Janix could go 0-5-0-5 and not turn in personals for a maximum loss of –10 points = +16 total is possible. The teams above can go 5-0-5-0, +1 for PA and still catch Janix with a +11.

Sea Dogs, Sparf!, Leaky Teepee, Indulgent Drinks, Memorial Hammerz, and Pompous Paladins didn't get P Ads in as far as I could tell (CHECK!) Everyone else got the +1

G House2’s score is altered and is given a –1 instead of a –2 for the death by bloodfued. I also counted Eye of the Storm as 0 points.

I will post last turns scores, this turns records W-L-K-D, +1 or 0 for PAds and then the final total:

Janix: +22, 4-1-0-0, +1 = +26
G House 2: +21, 2-3-0-1, +1 = +20 **Assuming –1 instead of –2 for death**
Of Wolf and Man: +17, 3-2-0-0, +1 = +19
Caress of Steel: +14, 3-2-1-0, +1 = +18
Sparf!: +9, 0-0-0-0, 0 = +9
Sea Dogs: +10, 2-3-0-1, 0 = +8
Battle Beasts2: +6, 2-3-0-0, +1 = +6
Steel Reign: +6, 2-3-0-0, +1 = +6
Hold that Tiger: +9, 0-5-0-0, +1 = +5
Leaky Teepee: +5, 1-1-0-0, 0 = +5
Millennium Metal: -1, 4-1-0-0, +1 = +3
Indulgent Drinks: +1, 0-0-0-0, 0 = +1
Eye of the Storm: -7, 0-0-0-0, 0 = -7
Memorial Hammerz: -8, 0-0-0-0, 0 = -8
Pompous Paladins: -11, 1-3-0-0, 0 = -13

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There isn't a day goes by that I don't regret my poor managing in the Slaughter challenge. One missed turn, 3 turns missed personals, might be 4 turns. Siiigh! Oh well. Shoulda done this or shoulda done that, whatever, no exuses, my boys still did Rich proud.

It was fun while it lasted and I'm honored to have participated in my friend Rich's memorial. Salute Rich. You are missed.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war."- Plato

Northern Badlands
Canada eh!
Oh Those Romans
Rednecks
Natural B. Killers
What Gaul!
Isn't it Obvious
Caress of Steel
Vicious Vamps
Rillion
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

>G House 2: +21, 2-3-0-1, +1 = +20 **Assuming –1 instead of –2 for death**

Okay exactly how does that math work? Cause if no adjustment is made for the illegal bloodfued my score would be 2-3-0-1 +1 pa, which would be a total of -1 point for the turn (+2 points for wins, -3 points for losses, -1 point for a death, +1 for the pa = -1). So with -1 point for the turn added to my previous total of 21, would be 20. Now how exactly is the **assuming -1 instead of -2 for death** being figured into the score when I still end up -1 for the turn?!?
Rillion
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

PS - I still don't think it is fair that I am taking the -1 point from the loss from an illegal bloodfued by a warrior with ~25FE against my 4FE warrior, but whatever, its your contest and you can decide the rule ambiquities as you see fit. Hopefully Kat has a good turn so it doesn't make a difference.
Kat
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Rillion wrote:
PS - I still don't think it is fair that I am taking the -1 point from the loss from an illegal bloodfued by a warrior with ~25FE against my 4FE warrior, but whatever, its your contest and you can decide the rule ambiquities as you see fit. Hopefully Kat has a good turn so it doesn't make a difference.

Amen. Let us especially miss the 0-5-0-5 jinx that Trip so ominously alluded to! Sad
TripwireDuel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rillion wrote:
>G House 2: +21, 2-3-0-1, +1 = +20 **Assuming –1 instead of –2 for death**

Okay exactly how does that math work? Cause if no adjustment is made for the illegal bloodfued my score would be 2-3-0-1 +1 pa, which would be a total of -1 point for the turn (+2 points for wins, -3 points for losses, -1 point for a death, +1 for the pa = -1). So with -1 point for the turn added to my previous total of 21, would be 20. Now how exactly is the **assuming -1 instead of -2 for death** being figured into the score when I still end up -1 for the turn?!?

Dude, this is Tripwire, this is my unofficial crap I do on my spare time. I F'd up the math so its my fault. This isn't the official score page.

Should be one of the three:

#1 - With nothing altered: +21 was your old score. 2 wins for +23, 3 losses for +20, 1 death for +19, +1 PA = +20

#2 - With no death being counted: +21 was your old score. 2 wins for +23, 3 losses for +20, +1 PA = +21

#3 - With no death or loss counted: +21 was your old score, 2 wins for +23, 2 losses for +21, +1 PA = +22

I meant to post #2 but screwed it up somehow. So whatever they decide those are your 3 options. Personally I think you should get #3 but I am not the boss so, whatever he decides I guess.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

my apologies, I didn't notice who posted the score just noticed the messed up math. Sorry about that.
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OK I've kind of made a decision here, and it may not be popular with our leader BUT there is a contingency. If I go with my gut and DISCOUNT the BF and give Rill back 2 points what if Blackstorm really did lose track of the finish line and lobs more challenges? Should those fights not count as well? It may make scoring the last turn difficult.

As a side note, since I believe all of those near the lead are on this board you MAY, that is MAY, avoid his team on the final turn to try and avoid this issue.

So 2 points to be pondered:

#1: Should Rill get back his 2 points then I'm going to have discount any further challenges from Blackstorm on the final turn! Is everyone, for the most part, good with that should he challenge?

#2: It is OK to avoid Black Storm's team!

I believe Rich would have done it this way due to the HUGE descrepancy of FE and the fact that Rill could not avoid it from happening, and that's how it differs from Kat's and why Kat only got one back (Kat at least was matching a warrior with similar FE but got 1 back for the disadvantage of the challenge)! I also hope that it was a one time thing and by nullifying it we can pretend it never happened and call this contest A rousing SUCCESS!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Rillion
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good call on the avoid thing! That thought crossed my mind yesterday too, "what if he issues challenges next turn, can we avoid him?" Good idea to clarify that ahead of time.

Overall a fair ruling and Kat still has a 4 point lead which is huge in this format. If Kat can go 3-2-0, I'll need to go 5-0-0 or else get one kill for every fight I lose just to TIE Kat (heheh, guess I'll be ramping up the KD this turn). Now if Kat has a last turn of this contest like oh say my last turn of a long ago TOGS (0-5) I have some hope! Wink
Kat
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In the words of Ramses II

"So shall it be written -
So shall it be done"

One turn left - winner takes all.

Good Luck, Rillion.
Ultraist
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Kat wrote:
In the words of Ramses II

"So shall it be written -
So shall it be done"

One turn left - winner takes all.

Good Luck, Rillion.

Rillion in 2nd place? You have to be the king of contest runner-uping!

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger
Rillion
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm #2! I'm #2! Hmm...that just doesn't have the same ring to it does it? My curse... Embarassed
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well you might not finish 2nd if you pull your standard "choke" job and finish the last turn at 0-5!
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic