New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1576

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Returning manager with lousy RUs...
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gameogre
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 12:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OK! OK! Some of this is probably my fault. Having low speed doesn't guarantee hosing even for strikers, parry strikes and slashers where it's the primary. I believe we all know this. I'm on the side that resists low speed strikers on otherwise excellent roll-ups because the risk is so much increased of having a potentially excellent warrior hosed, wasting the excellence. Sometimes giving up the style(s) itself will waste the excellent potential and then you just have to bite the bullet and try it. When you do get the excellent (low speed) warrior back mode or better, then you've won and no doubt it does very well as far as the style can take it.

Now, if you don't run/buy a bunch of teams then the risking of very good roll-ups to these designs can make very little sense, depending on the individual. OK?

There's no point in arguing. It is a risk, and 1000 examples where it didn't screw up the warrior will only call up 1000 examples where it did. Elephant was right to say it's a matter of preference (but maybe should have included the word "risk" to explain why). BTW, wit is the crappy decise stat (of the three that give them) and speed the best. Deftness helps every warrior, no doubt about it, although it is lower on sensible priorities for offensives than defensives (not counting AB's). Hopefully, we can all agree with this take and if not then I still think it is close to what we could all agree with.

Let's see, Pagan's site is down due to a disagreement with the host/provider and some bits that weren't replicated on both will be up on Terrablood's site as soon as he gets to doing it. Oh yes, welcome back!

You've got good advice but here's a bit more anyway.... Laughing

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance!

1) 10-16-13-3-3-16-9

Ichabod can tell you how rarely I DA right off the bat. This is it, though. Kill it before it reproduces!! (If you want two wins first then you'll have to SCUM 11-21-13-3-9-16-11)

2) 13-13-6-13-3-12-10

16-13-6-17-9-12-11 BA (This is OK, but making it a basher will probably disappoint you. Slasher or striker I'd say.)
13-13-6-17-10-12-13 PR or 13-13-6-17-9-15-11 PS

3) 15-9-11-9-10-5-11

15-10-11-15-11-5-17 PR or maybe
15-12-11-15-15-5-11 WS

I'd do the PR, they don't need speed for anything. They learn more rip than you can use no matter what, high wit/df with low speed means look for the PR build to me. The waste is OK, but it won't have any rip and unless you really luck out it'll be years before it has a useful amount of rip learns. Ichabod wouldn't run a 15 wit unless perfect (or instantly raisable to 17) and that's worthwhile advice for success but many feel it's worth trying these out before giving up as the learn rate on 15 wits varies enormously.

4) 3-13-13-12-6-11-12

7-13-13-17-9-11-13 PS/PR/TP

This won't be a top notch warrior (barring like a 14 skill bonus) no matter what but these should all be playable while you sort out this first team and decide when the merely mediocre have to go. I included TP only because I don't mean it to be scum, trying to scum with this set-up would quickly get it pummeled once off the bottom of the arena rankings. It would have to fight.

5) 13-5-10-9-10-13-10

13-5-10-15-16-14-11 Striker Take this for what it's worth. This won't be an ADM star anyway. So burn it to make a basic warrior you can really enjoy. Train will and then witx2 and then just learn unless you later find he needs more of something (like con) to win at a higher level.

Luck, and welcome back again
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 12:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I know this was discussed in another thread and is of little consequence. But for those who believe that Judith is NOT allowed to challenge or Bloodfeud should take a look at the Zorpunt (24) newsletter. She made a HUGE down-Bloodfeud. She lost 3 warriors in 3 turns,2 in one to be exact. Aussie Killers had talked smack to Darkfist about pissing them off with a kill. I guess either she really had high hopes for the warrior or was just giving the 'killers' a bit of a lesson learned. The BFing warrior is FAR superior, and I was surprised by the size of the down-BF, though she did go after Philthy Phil after he downchallenged a young PR with his 7' SL 4 times in a row and killing it, it was not nearly the mismatch this was! And the powers that be give her a 2 year time limit before DA is possible though I have yet to see it happen. Of little consequence but a little factoid to pack away deep in all your books of knowledge! I'm bored and had nothing else to post so sue me Cool

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Darkfist
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 8:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, I was pretty surprised by the Blood-feud and noted the somewhat warning tone of her personal ad. I hope she doesn't BF Spankytime for his kill, I'll lose him for sure.

Just when you think the spider is sleeping, it pounces...
gameogre
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 11:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, I believe this has happened before. It's why I'm pretty careful to say "won't bloodfeud" not "can't bloodfeud". You have to really push her but she will eventually move to show the offender that it isn't a free ride to constantly attack her going for kills.

When I'm in the arena, I usually distract people who seem to be doing this with some extra challenges. Right off the bat, they're killing off what can easily become skill dispensers (practically skill atm's) of major use to the other teams and should be discouraged. Ruthlessness is a virtue in terms of game performance, I do understand this, but it gets pretty annoying for everyone when it goes on and on.
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic