New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22264

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Turn 11 Results
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sentinel wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:
Yeah it was funny as hell except for one thing, yet another clear lie (we need a surgeon general's warning about them being habit forming for Trav, it's a bad habit to start little man stop now or it'll stunt your growth!) , Apex never expressed one preference towards the one idea then switched back to mine. Re-read the threads before you put words in her mouth Laughing !

Man, I hate to clown you like this yet again, but...

Apex: Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:16 pm wrote:
TMM wrote:
I just talked to Sandy and she said that they would be willing to have the Civil War in a closed arena. What do you guys think?

I'm in as long as we can keep the warriors.

OR

Make it to where you can keep one warrior from each team. Make it an auto-graduate, or just delete the remaining team? Or make it a prize that you can win. The winning side gets to keep their top warrior. But as long as there is an option, I'd be fine with it.

Then, after pages of discussion about using a closed arena

Apex: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:24 am wrote:
Tournies should certainly be out. If they're allowed in, I'll not participate. Let's keep this as arena based as possible if we're going to do it. And like I said earlier. I think we should get to at least keep one warrior if we compete. Send them to AD like a graduate, or just sent them to 82. OR, whatever side wins, let them keep their full team.

Than, after many more pages of discussions about using a closed arena

Apex: Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:31 pm wrote:
There is only one "idiot proof" way to do it, and that is to be as fair as possible to ALL managers, get a REAL set of ground rules that has been agreed on by the majority of those involved, and THEN start moving ahead with what arena it'll be held in, whether or not there will be 25 teams per side, etc. And so far, that isn't happening in any way. This has turned into the Beta Club on steroids.

And finally, still many pages later, after Jiles posts a recap of all his suggestions, Apex agrees yet again.

LHI: Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:00 pm wrote:
Hi all,

I'll post my suggestions again with a few clarifications:

-Closed Arena
<etc...>

Apex: Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:16 pm wrote:
I'm sorry that you took it person. I can read, and I have followed the thread. So I know how things went down. The comment wasn't directed at you specifically. I think this thread needs a break. And I like what Jiles suggested. It's the best thing so far.

So look, Street. It was just a passing comment in a spotlight about Apex changing his tune to back you up and I could frankly give a damn in the big picture. But I'm tired of you calling me a liar and a back-stabber and all kinds of other personal bullshit. So follow your own advice and re-read the threads before you get too indignant and start throwing around insults yet again.

OK fine I missed that. I went back as far as: (paraphrased) So we've established that a closed arena will not solve the problem.

So we both were wrong he changed after I, and Manager, pointed out that a closed arena would not solve or alleviate the issue. My apology.

As to the other issue. I've got one for ya'. You said you offered me a team. It was a f'rinstance, you said perhaps from me or someone else. Because when it came down to the asking for it you were nowhere to be found until yoiu said "hey but I offered you a team". No nah not really. Though I heard from another , once you never responded back to my PM, that you were willing to SELL me one!

Sorry I'll leave it alone here and now though!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
As to the other issue. I've got one for ya'. You said you offered me a team. It was a f'rinstance, you said perhaps from me or someone else. Because when it came down to the asking for it you were nowhere to be found until yoiu said "hey but I offered you a team". No nah not really. Though I heard from another , once you never responded back to my PM, that you were willing to SELL me one!

I would have given you a team even though I am less inclined to want to help someone that is being a pain in my ass. I fully intended to do that if it helped alleviate your objection to DAing the whole team to start the contest and made this a go in arena 14 when that was still the primary issue. I looked through my PM's back to April and don't see anything from or to you in there, whether it got munched by the site or whatever. However in my email, I found a message from me on August 17th (in the middle of all this crap) to your hotmail account:

"If the Civil War ends up being in Tobir and you need a team to transfer in, I said that I could transfer a team from a closed arena if you can't find another one. If you can find another one that'd be great because I'd love to hold on to the ones I have (they're like gold now). But, if not, I will absolutely transfer you one as I said I would. I saw you asking about it on DM.com again, so thought I'd drop you a line."

If I've given you any other impression, then that was my mistake. And I still would even after you going around publically accusing me of having a vendetta against you, that I am out to get you, and that I am a bald-faced liar, etc.

Rillion
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Adie wrote:
I don't have the fortitude to read through all the TOGS spots, but did anybody throw in my manager persona? I wouldn't mind digging back through the Aradi newsletters just to read spoofs/shots on me. If not, feel free next turn! Very Happy

Do what I do; use the browser to do a find on your manager name in the newsletter. Not that I am shallow enough to only bother reading a spotlight that has me in it. <innocent whistling>
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sentinel wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:

I would have given you a team even though I am less inclined to want to help someone that is being a pain in my ass. I fully intended to do that if it helped alleviate your objection to DAing the whole team to start the contest and made this a go in arena 14 when that was still the primary issue. I looked through my PM's back to April and don't see anything from or to you in there, whether it got munched by the site or whatever. However in my email, I found a message from me on August 17th (in the middle of all this crap) to your hotmail account:

"If the Civil War ends up being in Tobir and you need a team to transfer in, I said that I could transfer a team from a closed arena if you can't find another one. If you can find another one that'd be great because I'd love to hold on to the ones I have (they're like gold now). But, if not, I will absolutely transfer you one as I said I would. I saw you asking about it on DM.com again, so thought I'd drop you a line."

If I've given you any other impression, then that was my mistake. And I still would even after you going around publically accusing me of having a vendetta against you, that I am out to get you, and that I am a bald-faced liar, etc.

I went through my emails and did not find that. We have mutual friends in the game and I do not want to put them into an uncomfortable position of backing you over me or such so as I said I'm going to do all I can in my power to back off the matter. I simply ask that you realize that as angry as I've made you over my insinuations you can see where I came from when things when awry with the contest. I've delegated my budget to the point where I can only afford 2 arenas at best and could not have gone to a closed arena for the contest therefore it honestly would have left me out of what I took up altogether. Though the way things look now I may re-delegate my finances further.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic