New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1576

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Arena 81 Rollups received by RSI
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Hammer_Minister_of_War
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: SomeWhere BeYond the Realm of ElseWhere and ElseWhen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hopefully We Break 40+ Teams!

50+ would be Ideal and reminiscent of when I was a Newbie on Noblish Island 10+ years ago!

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

RTR wrote:
Sentinel wrote:
Can't we just remember him by saluting the flag twice or something?

NO.

Dang! <sad face>

KendricStormblade
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm actively considering returning to D2 sometime this week and would like to ask about this new arena. What/why this 'pledge'? Since the arena I used to play in is closed (Tarrgir-DM66) I'm also curious to know if I could transfer that team here, if it's still on file somewhere at RSI Headquarters. Any helpful(or nonhelpful) comments would be greatly appreciated.

KendricStormblade
(Hoping to get back into harness SOON)
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

KendricStormblade wrote:
I'm actively considering returning to D2 sometime this week and would like to ask about this new arena. What/why this 'pledge'? Since the arena I used to play in is closed (Tarrgir-DM66) I'm also curious to know if I could transfer that team here, if it's still on file somewhere at RSI Headquarters. Any helpful(or nonhelpful) comments would be greatly appreciated.

KendricStormblade

First, let me say that I hope you do get back in the saddle soon! I also recently rejoined the fray and have enjoyed every moment of it! Well, almost every moment, a few challenges haven't gone quite the way I had hoped....but, actually, I have still enjoyed even those! Get back on the horse!

Why the pledge? Easy. Read the pledge and look at the title of this thread. This is an arena that is aimed at refocusing the game (Or at least this one arena) back on its origins - the basic arena. The whole point of it is to take the focus off of the tournaments. We (If I can speak for all of those involved...) don't want sandbaggers - we want people who will fight full teams. We want managers that care about wearing the duelmasters crown! We want active basic arena managers to compete with - people who will write personal ads. We don't want teams who frequently take turns off (Recognizing the sometimes real life intervenes) so that you can't challenge them. We don't want warriors with only 5 FE showing on their record actually having 35 FE from tournaments.

I may have missed a few elements, it is a bit late here in the frozen northland, but in general that should give you an idea. This is a special arena that will allow all of us who enter it to create the environment we are looking for. If that isn't what some managers want - that is ok as it is their choice, but there are plenty of other arenas to chose from. Also, RSI wants the pledge and a commitment from 20+ managers before it opens a new arena. They want to know that managers will accept the consequences of entering a warrior in a tournament (or better yet, we'll never do it from these teams) before it ever comes up.

As for transfering your team - I don't think it will work. I haven't paid much attention to that detail, but I believe the only option is a team with zero FE and no tourney awards attached. That element has been discussed within this thread or another in the "Arena 81" set.

Whether this is the arena for you or not - come on back! (And if it isn't, might I suggest Sunset?) Very Happy

Dragonbane Guild(81)
KendricStormblade
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
no tourney awards attached

Laughing Laughing Laughing
I believe I only participated in two tourneys.. the FtF held in Cherry Hill back in 93? 94? and maybe one mail in... and certainyl got no prizes. But thanks for the answer. Sunset, huh? Guess I need to check that out..find out what it's all about.. Darkover needs a new home, anyway. *sighs* When did Tarrgir go away?
Killjoy
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Come to DM 65 Dal shange

we need some warm bodies tehre and im easy to beat Smile

Killjoy
mgr til death do us part
KendricStormblade
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Killjoy wrote
Quote:
Come to DM 65 Dal shange

we need some warm bodies tehre and im easy to beat

Killjoy
mgr til death do us part

Yeah, and I bet you have a bridge to sell me in Brooklyn, too. Wink

before I get in trouble for going WAY off topic..any recruitment messages can be directed to me at kendric@ameritech.net... tho I should say I prefer Andorian arenas as that's where I've spent miost of my time.
Hammer_Minister_of_War
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

KendricStormblade wrote:
Killjoy wrote
Quote:
Come to DM 65 Dal shange

Killjoy
mgr til death do us part

before I get in trouble for going WAY off topic..any recruitment messages can be directed to me at kendric@ameritech.net... tho I should say I prefer Andorian arenas as that's where I've spent miost of my time.

Already answered your question in your other post and welcome back to the sands!

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

KendricStormblade wrote:

KendricStormblade

TRANSERRING YOUR TEAM NOT POSSIBLE TO DM 81

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nomad wrote:
KendricStormblade wrote:

KendricStormblade

First, let me say that I hope you do get back in the saddle soon! I also recently rejoined the fray and have enjoyed every moment of it! Well, almost every moment, a few challenges haven't gone quite the way I had hoped....but, actually, I have still enjoyed even those! Get back on the horse!

Why the pledge? Easy. Read the pledge and look at the title of this thread. This is an arena that is aimed at refocusing the game (Or at least this one arena) back on its origins - the basic arena. The whole point of it is to take the focus off of the tournaments. We (If I can speak for all of those involved...) don't want sandbaggers - we want people who will fight full teams. We want managers that care about wearing the duelmasters crown! We want active basic arena managers to compete with - people who will write personal ads. We don't want teams who frequently take turns off (Recognizing the sometimes real life intervenes) so that you can't challenge them. We don't want warriors with only 5 FE showing on their record actually having 35 FE from tournaments.

I may have missed a few elements, it is a bit late here in the frozen northland, but in general that should give you an idea. This is a special arena that will allow all of us who enter it to create the environment we are looking for. If that isn't what some managers want - that is ok as it is their choice, but there are plenty of other arenas to chose from. Also, RSI wants the pledge and a commitment from 20+ managers before it opens a new arena. They want to know that managers will accept the consequences of entering a warrior in a tournament (or better yet, we'll never do it from these teams) before it ever comes up.

As for transfering your team - I don't think it will work. I haven't paid much attention to that detail, but I believe the only option is a team with zero FE and no tourney awards attached. That element has been discussed within this thread or another in the "Arena 81" set.

Whether this is the arena for you or not - come on back! (And if it isn't, might I suggest Sunset?) Very Happy

GREAT SUMMARY

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

KendricStormblade wrote:
Killjoy wrote
Quote:
Come to DM 65 Dal shange

Killjoy
mgr til death do us part

ANDORIAN = 8 [SLOW] 11 and 60

FREE BLADES = 32

BEST CHOICE = 81

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

KendricStormblade wrote:

KendricStormblade

Welcome back. Hurry!

Nomad gave you some wonderful answers above.

No, only teams with 0FE (zero fights) can start in DM81.

Transfer your team to wherever you wish - since it was a closed arena - you have heard some great suggestions on this site. We recommend
11, 21, & 60, plus 8, 47, & 52 slow. We would welcome you in any of the 30+ arenas where you will find The Consortium.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Hammer_Minister_of_War
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
KendricStormblade wrote:

KendricStormblade

Welcome back. Hurry!

Nomad gave you some wonderful answers above.

No, only teams with 0FE (zero fights) can start in DM81.

Transfer your team to wherever you wish - since it was a closed arena - you have heard some great suggestions on this site. We recommend
11, 21, & 60, plus 8, 47, & 52 slow. We would welcome you in any of the 30+ arenas where you will find The Consortium.

GOOD CHOICES ALL

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum