Joined: Mar 12, 2003
Location: Bay Area, CA
Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:01 pm
Ok, ok, you can stop not-talking about TOGS VI already, it is coming, slowly but surely, like a giant, over-fed, greased slug sliding down a gravely driveway. We’re looking for new-comers, old-timers, in-betweeners, fence-sitters and Delarquans to come on out and participate. Just think, you could be the next Pinky & the Brain pairing (a la Creepster & Manager), or maybe you’ll be the team that crushes all in its path on the way TO UTTER AND COMPLETE TOGS DOMINATION!!!!!! [note: insert sinister cackle if it helps you complete the picture]
There will be a few minor changes, so let’s recap the rules from top to bottom:
1. Each TOGS team consists of two managers. After the contest starts, there will be no switching partners whatsoever, so choose your teammate wisely. TOGS VI will last for 13 turns, so pick a partner you can stand for 6 months or so.
2. The TOGS entry fee is 2 team setups per manager. This means 4 setups per TOGS team. This entry fee is required before the start of the tourney with no exceptions being made. This is to ensure that nobody gets screwed if a team or manager decides to back out early. To pay the entry fee either:
a) send $10 cash/check/money order/ or whatever to me personally at:
115 Moss Ave. #201
Oakland, CA 94611
b) get RSI to send me 2 team setup gift certificates. Sorry, no credit
cards and no old teams you have lying around will be accepted.
3. TOGS point system:
10 points for winning on your up-challenge against another TOGS
7 points for winning on your even challenge of another TOGS warrior.
7 points for winning on another TOGS warriors challenge.
7 points for winning a random match-up against another TOGS warrior.
4 points for winning on your down-challenge of another TOGS warrior.
4 points for winning a random match-up against a non-TOGS warrior.
Changes this TOGS:
** 10 points for any challenge by the DM, UP OR DOWN!!
** 4 points for winning a random match-up against your TOGS partner’s
To state the obvious, there are 0 points if you challenge your partner.
** 4 points for winning a bloodfeud attempt against you by a non-TOGS
You will not get any points if you challenge or get challenged by a non-TOGS team (with the exception of the above-stated rule if you get bloodfeuded), so use your avoids wisely if you think someone is out to get you.
5 points for every spotlight written by any team member. 1 per manager per turn.
The minimum length of a spotlight to receive points is 1/2 column in the newsletter (that's 31 lines-each line 85 characters across) and we will be completely firm on this. In addition to the length criteria, spotlights will
not be given points if they are in any way plagiarized or if they are not
Duelmasters or fantasy related. We will be the sole judge of this. If you're unsure if we will judge something to be Duelmasters or fantasy related, then e-mail me before you write the spotlight and ask. We reserve the right to take points away from a spotlight after they are given if we judge at later time that the spotlight has been plagiarized.
-5 points per manager per turn every time a manager does not at least
write one personal ad.
4. TOGS VI will start in arena 60 shortly after the Winter Face-to-Face (turn due Feb 21, Aradi turn 436) and as mentioned before will last for 13 turns. There will be multipliers in the later rounds, which means that all points accumulated by a team on turns 10 and 11 will be multiplied by 1.5 and all points accumulated by each team on turns 12 and 13 will be multiplied by 2.
5. There is no switching teams midway through the contest. That is to say that if I enter the contest with my 4000 Blows team, I cannot on turn 6 suddenly decide to switch to a second team that I have sitting in reserve in the arena.
6. There is also no running a second (or third) team simultaneously in the arena while playing in TOGS.
7. Soultaker and Nuln will be the sole arbiters of any dispute that may arise, with props to Sentinel for doing the score-keeping as always. Whine all you like, we will be glad to provide comfortable chairs and the cheese of your choice.
And there be the rules. If you look closely, you'll notice there were a few minor changes and additions made from the TOGS V rules. They are as follows:
-- The Snotman & Nuln rule: Last TOGS Snotman and Nuln randomly matched up something like 4-5 times, so we basically decided out of pity to now give a small amount of points (4 in this case) for winning a random against a teammate, so that you’re not completely screwed by having 2 of your 10 warriors get 0 zero points automatically.
-- Scaling Down Points for the DM: Previously a TOGS DM would get 10 points *in addition* to whatever challenge points they got. This was to keep the DM from being penalized for being at the top and give people something to fight for. However, it was a bit too much of an award and we decided to scale it back and eliminate the bonus, but give full upchallenge credit whenever the DM challenges.
-- Bloodfeuds from outside TOGS teams: This incident came up last TOGS, and it was felt that if a person killed a non-TOGS warrior in a random, they shouldn’t have to be potentially locked into 4 turns of getting 0 points. So we’ve added an additional rule which now gives 4 points if you win when bloodfeuded by a non-TOGS warrior, at least giving you some way to get points if you’re locked into a non-TOGS bloodfeud instead of being basically removed from the contest for 4 turns.
-- Team Names: This was not listed in the rules, but to make things more festive, at the suggestion of Manager we have decided to have the added dimension of team names! Yes, no more boring rankings with Team 4 edging out Team 7. Just picture reading a TOGS turn report now, with something along the lines of “Team Fiery Starfish obliterated Team Superior TOGSlings,” just as one example.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum