New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22264

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - The All Basher Arena
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JGW
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As much as I love running bashers, you cannot count on me to join in with you. I'd love to get a free RU, but even I have scruples. Laughing

Good luck with this ST. If things change I'll try to jump in. Of course you should go after TGG with his scum basher ability. That would be a hoot.

It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees. -- Midnight Oil, The Power and the Passion
SwineTiger
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Word on the street was that you probably couldn't hang, so don't sweat it and just go back to eating the bowl of Goldfish crackers I set out for you at the little kid's table Smile You will be missed though.

SwineTiger
JGW
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SwineTiger wrote:
Word on the street was that you probably couldn't hang, so don't sweat it and just go back to eating the bowl of Goldfish crackers I set out for you at the little kid's table Smile You will be missed though.

SwineTiger

*mental note - Try to get my account ahead of the curve so I can announce a late entry into TOGS and make you my first 'serious' target in writing and the arena. Wink

It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees. -- Midnight Oil, The Power and the Passion
SummaryJudgment
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've recently come back to the game from a long hiatus. This, I think, is the third time I've quit and come back. The "Basher Arena" idea, in my opinion, is exactly the kind of innovation needed to keep people like me interested. Count me in if it happens.
SwineTiger
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SummaryJudgment wrote:
I've recently come back to the game from a long hiatus. This, I think, is the third time I've quit and come back. The "Basher Arena" idea, in my opinion, is exactly the kind of innovation needed to keep people like me interested. Count me in if it happens.

Glad to hear!! Consider yourself counted with 12 more to go. This concept is especially ideal for returning players who want to get a fresh start without dealing with sandbaggers (at least not initially), multiple teams run by one manager, and - for now - JGW Wink I followed Hammer's advice and posted my first all arena ad, so maybe in a week or two we'll know if this will make it off the ground.

SwineTiger

Footnote: JGW helped me design Bashful, my first basher graduate, who you all might remember as the basher who beat Prodigal Son before he was famous. This might explain why Mannequin has been in hiding Wink
GreekGuy
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If it gets off the ground I'll play and teach you how to run a scum basher correctly. Maybe we can even go for the longest basher fight in history.
TGG
SwineTiger
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

GreekGuy wrote:
If it gets off the ground I'll play and teach you how to run a scum basher correctly. Maybe we can even go for the longest basher fight in history.
TGG

It's only going to get off the ground if you say you'll be a part of it at the beginning. Are you in? This arena could be an all new breeding ground for unorthodox basher strategies with you as a pioneer.

SwineTiger
GreekGuy
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh I'm in, but to play it must get off the ground Smile As for my strategies, they'll always be bashers but as least I'll be fighting other basher.
TGG
SwineTiger
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Great news -- what started out as a futile concept is now one manager away from the half way home point.

Thanks to Shadowdragon, mrmojo, Haunt, The Consortium, Hammer, One Armed Bandit, SummaryJudgment, and now The Greek Guy, bashers might soon be in abundance again. The tide is turning...

SwineTiger
TeamChaos
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Team Chaos will send a team to join in the Basher Olympics, although I do not forsee great results for myself as I have yet to figure out this "style".
So since it won't be my bones getting smashed nor my blood spilled ....Count me in!!

SwineTiger
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TeamChaos wrote:
Team Chaos will send a team to join in the Basher Olympics, although I do not forsee great results for myself as I have yet to figure out this "style".

Cool! The party is growing.

Keep in mind that just because some managers have the bashing style figured out versus other styles, it doesn't mean they know how to fight against other bashers. Also, given that there are only a few ways they are generally run, it won't be just you experimenting, especially when TGG's mysterious "scum basher" makes its debut.

SwineTiger

** We have 10 managers on board - 10 more to go! **
JGW
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SwineTiger wrote:
TeamChaos wrote:

Keep in mind that just because some managers have the bashing style figured out versus other styles, it doesn't mean they know how to fight against other bashers. Also, given that there are only a few ways they are generally run, it won't be just you experimenting, especially when TGG's mysterious "scum basher" makes its debut.

SwineTiger

I believe his 'scum basher' has already gained accolades throughout Alastari. Various TVs and, I believe, TC's have been won with his mad designs. Good luck there, buddy. Wink

Hammer_Minister_of_War
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: SomeWhere BeYond the Realm of ElseWhere and ElseWhen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

SwineTiger wrote:
SummaryJudgment wrote:

Glad to hear!! Consider yourself counted with 12 more to go. This concept is especially ideal for returning players who want to get a fresh start without dealing with sandbaggers (at least not initially), multiple teams run by one manager, and - for now - JGW Wink I followed Hammer's advice and posted my first all arena ad, so maybe in a week or two we'll know if this will make it off the ground.

SwineTiger

Footnote: JGW helped me design Bashful, my first basher graduate, who you all might remember as the basher who beat Prodigal Son before he was famous. This might explain why Mannequin has been in hiding Wink

Hey SwineTiger

In a couple of weeks I can write an All Arena Spot [before TOGS gets underway!] to help promote The All Basher Arena!

I will keep viewing the responses here and also read your All Arena Ad about the All Basher Arena and begin formulating an entertaining Promotion Spot to write!

I should have some more NTRU sheets arriving by then and I will create a stable of Bashers from one of those, although I have a possible mediocre prospect already from what I have over here!

So if you would kindly provide me an update of information on February 1st [Next Friday!] about the arena and who is on board then I will begin cobbling together an All Arena Spot to help promote the All Basher Arena!

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

GreekGuy wrote:
TGG

All right! See TGG with the target on his back. (or head)
Glad you will particiate.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

SwineTiger wrote:
TeamChaos wrote:

SwineTiger

It may seem mysterious, that SCBA, but TGG will not be the only manager running them/some. TGG is just one big mystique all in of himself. Wink

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic