New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104511

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Turn 2
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Elephant
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow, I just sent Turn 2 off and talk about intense. Who should I challenge? Who should I avoid? Should I use challenge or if challenge? Des, res, or open? Lunge or Dodge? Way too much over thinking for me. Wonder how many brain cells I just killed? Still sound familiar?

I forgot how much I really enjoy TOGS. Turn 1 was actually pretty exciting and eventful. Though it was probably overshadow by an incident that I’m not going to speak on anymore, I feel TGOS will take a turn in the right direction and the spirit of TOGS will prevail.

I must say Paul and Anti set the bar high with their spots. No disrespect to anyone else, I either didn’t read yours or am not smart enough to understand. As always, Manager's TOGS Predictions were fun to read. Manager if you’ll honor the odds, I’d like $10 on Punk in Drublic and $10 on Killer Wedgies. Who will make me laugh next turn? Who will get edited?

What rivalries are out there? Of the rivalries what are the new ones?

What's your ideal Turn 2 (outside of 5-0)?

Best of luck to all on Turn 2. Let’s use all this competitiveness and passion in a positive direction.

My last question, why am I writing messages on this board on a Saturday? I really need a life Laughing
Anti
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah with all the... distractions and the fact that RSI sent me the wrong newsletter I'm just now getting to reading through all the spots.

Off the top of my head I thought Ben/Snotguy's spot was very enjoyable.. I'll probably have more kudos/jeers to pass out in the newsletter p-ads. Smile

Jason/Anti

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A scoop from the IAWAFP .............

Gold Crown goes to

.the one, the only

ANTI

best full series of spots ever

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I believe I will be the one to be edited this turn as I am going to try and introduce a new phrase here similiar to Nuln's Nutsack. It has to do with bowling and what you might use to carry your ball in?!?!? But whom shall it be coined for hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Elephant
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
I believe I will be the one to be edited this turn as I am going to try and introduce a new phrase here similiar to Nuln's Nutsack.
Well did Ed edit you? Got me again, jackass was changed to donkey and damn replaced with darn. Indimar's Woody went from Indimar's Woodside to Indimar's Woodrow Wagon. Just think how funny this line would've been in original form:
"Hurry quick, Indimar's Woody is on fire!"

I'm still wondering how Nuln's Nutsack made it through. A bribe perhaps?
JGW
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Kudos to Samwise and Hammer for doing subtle jabs this turn in the spots. While I don't have any prizes to give away I do have to say I laughed at both mentions. I really figured I'd be the butt of more jokes in TOGS. I guess that will come the next TOGS, huh. Laughing

Now if it's just accidental and I'm reading too much into the spots...

Embarassed

It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees. -- Midnight Oil, The Power and the Passion
Hammer_Minister_of_War
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: SomeWhere BeYond the Realm of ElseWhere and ElseWhen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

JGW wrote:
Kudos to Samwise and Hammer for doing subtle jabs this turn in the spots. While I don't have any prizes to give away I do have to say I laughed at both mentions. I really figured I'd be the butt of more jokes in TOGS. I guess that will come the next TOGS, huh. Laughing

Now if it's just accidental and I'm reading too much into the spots...

Embarassed

Was also poking fun at myself for that Spot in Arena 45 I originally wrote [that did not get printed until the following cycle with the correction!] where I wrote your name as JGWorthington remember?

If most of the TOGS readers are unfamiliar with the happenings in Arena 45 the past few months then the parody I am writing in my TOGS scribings is lost on them!

But Yes I was parodying an alliance mate!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Elephant wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:
I believe I will be the one to be edited this turn as I am going to try and introduce a new phrase here similiar to Nuln's Nutsack.
Well did Ed edit you? Got me again, jackass was changed to donkey and damn replaced with darn. Indimar's Woody went from Indimar's Woodside to Indimar's Woodrow Wagon. Just think how funny this line would've been in original form:
"Hurry quick, Indimar's Woody is on fire!"

I'm still wondering how Nuln's Nutsack made it through. A bribe perhaps?

Yeah I got got. This was the original 2 end area paragraphs:

"Reach over and grab my Ball Bag" Stud said with a gleam in his eye. "Say what?" Soultaker said and I thought. After all the carrying of you I've done in ToGS past just do it he shouted back. "Not on your little life" Soulie guffawed back. "Fine then at least grab some peasnuts for me. Is that too much to ask of you?" he said with a mouthful. "Good god Little man what the hell is wrong with you?" Soulie said exasperated. Stud swallowed and said "Grab me some Peanuts while I get my ball bag out". I must say I felt like a one legged Cat on a frozen pond trying to bury a turd at that moment. "Oh peanuts" Soulie replied back and thus obliged.

Just then Death Stud explained he had just been downtown and saw that there was a new store in town between Nuln's Nutsacks and Manager's Teabags (tm). "I walked down to get some Peanuts and saw this sign ELEPHANT'S BALL BAGS" and discovered that Elephant had designed and made these wonderful new bags to place our bowling balls in and decided I had to have an Elephant Ball Bag (tm).

I did manage to sneak through Manager's Teabags though. Geez even had the word turd replaced with something. I had a feeling Elephant Ball Bag would not slide though Laughing

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I got edited and I just noticed it:

Snooker T. Herpetological Mangle was supposed to be Snooker T. Herpes Dangle. Not sure about that one. Once again, Nutsacks can get through, but not a herpes dangle.

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Despicable! Why in my day, we didn't dare talk about such crassness!

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Despicable! Why in my day, we didn't dare talk about such crassness!

I know, I know, but everywhere you look there are Nutsackz and the like! Wink

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic