New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104512

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Tourney Participation
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SwineTiger
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi all,

Just a reminder that The Stomping Grounds is not a no-tourney arena, so you are free to compete in any and all tourneys as long as your first fight is in the arena (therefore you can't run a rookie in any tourney).

For those newer players who don't know, even if you don't attend a Face-2-Face tourney, you can still send in strats for RSI to run as a proxy (granted, you only get one strat, but I've TV'd this way and so might you).

I always recommend participating in tourneys because even if you go 0-3, you can still gain some experience.

Of course, the one caveat for Stompers is that your competition will know what style they are up against without even going to Terrablood.

SwineTiger
JGW
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SwineTiger wrote:
Hi all,

Just a reminder that The Stomping Grounds is not a no-tourney arena, so you are free to compete in any and all tourneys as long as your first fight is in the arena (therefore you can't run a rookie in any tourney).

For those newer players who don't know, even if you don't attend a Face-2-Face tourney, you can still send in strats for RSI to run as a proxy (granted, you only get one strat, but I've TV'd this way and so might you).

I always recommend participating in tourneys because even if you go 0-3, you can still gain some experience.

Of course, the one caveat for Stompers is that your competition will know what style they are up against without even going to Terrablood.

SwineTiger

Now, why would you say something like that when it might not be completely true? Trying to sneak something over on us? Wink

It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees. -- Midnight Oil, The Power and the Passion
GreekGuy
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Technically if I got a great replacement I could make it another style and run it in rookies. Then I could either DA it or move the whole team and start a new one. Everyone assume basher and I get a little advantage as people strategize versus a basher based on arena. See I now put doubt in everyones minds Smile
TGG
SwineTiger
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

GreekGuy wrote:
Technically if I got a great replacement I could make it another style and run it in rookies. Then I could either DA it or move the whole team and start a new one. Everyone assume basher and I get a little advantage as people strategize versus a basher based on arena. See I now put doubt in everyones minds Smile
TGG

You could also keep your original team by making a non-basher that runs solely in tourneys.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

SwineTiger wrote:
GreekGuy wrote:
TGG

You could also keep your original team by making a non-basher that runs solely in tourneys.

SURE!
TGG knew that!
He was trying to save that strategy for the FTF also.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
SwineTiger
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Stomping Grounds has its first F2F TV, proving that a basher whose strat was mailed in can still do well. Trolldozer went 8-3, so use your avoids wisely. And to think that Maularia is my tourney warrior and Trolldozer was a loss or two away from the DA.

SwineTiger
Mannequin
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SwineTiger wrote:
The Stomping Grounds has its first F2F TV, proving that a basher whose strat was mailed in can still do well. Trolldozer went 8-3, so use your avoids wisely. And to think that Maularia is my tourney warrior and Trolldozer was a loss or two away from the DA.

SwineTiger

I'm sure everyone within challenging range will mark their strat sheets "if challenged" and use an anti-BA strategy. Wink

"You're a madman!"
"Aye, I've come to the right place then."
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I ran 3 of my DM-20 warriors in with my Apprentices (the 21/12, 13/21 and 15/21 guys). Despite being 3 FE Bashers, 2 of them were my last two warriors in the Apprentices tournament at one point.

The best of the bunch, Chilly Arsonist, finished up at 6-3. Despite missing out on a TV, I was glad to have them in with my crew.
SwineTiger
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

One Armed Bandit wrote:
I ran 3 of my DM-20 warriors in with my Apprentices (the 21/12, 13/21 and 15/21 guys). Despite being 3 FE Bashers, 2 of them were my last two warriors in the Apprentices tournament at one point.

The best of the bunch, Chilly Arsonist, finished up at 6-3. Despite missing out on a TV, I was glad to have them in with my crew.

I was happy to see your team and Go To Flail both participating and representing for TSG. I can only assume that the Heavy Hands guy in rookies was a non-basher trying to mess with minds.

With Chilly Arsonist so near the Bashmaster's throne, it's definitely going to make things a little more challenging. I feel sorry for whoever is bloodfueding him.

SwineTiger
TUM
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

One Armed Bandit wrote:

What is Chilly Arsonist again??

Don/TUM
TMM
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sadly, I was fighting Chilly in one of the later rounds and had to look him up for a bit before I realized he was in the all basher arena. Don rubbed off on me, I think.
TUM
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TMM wrote:
Sadly, I was fighting Chilly in one of the later rounds and had to look him up for a bit before I realized he was in the all basher arena. Don rubbed off on me, I think.

Rubbed off? How dare you...Oooohhhh...got it. Yeah, I'm sure that was it

Don/TUM
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

In round 8 or 9, I had to ask and make sure the all-basher arena was really DM-20--because I was surprised to actually see a Basher in the later rounds of a tourney. "That can't be a basher, can it?"
SwineTiger
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:

In round 8 or 9, I had to ask and make sure the all-basher arena was really DM-20--because I was surprised to actually see a Basher in the later rounds of a tourney. "That can't be a basher, can it?"

Coincidentally, it was a basher you helped me design, so thanks!

SwineTiger
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum