New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22264

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Sunset - Turn 647
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

bubbaganoosh wrote:
Daemonspawn wrote:
Haven't got the turns in the mail yet, but I'm pretty pleased with 3-2-1, especially since the -1 was one of the Kano Clan's initiates. The only downside is now I'm going to end up sitting out one of my new guys for two months. If he won't stick around for blood feuds and wants to trash talk other managers, I see no good reason to leave my warrior in the arena for him to blood feud.

hmm. do as you please. but isn't ducking bloodfueds part of the reason this guy is frowned upon? Shocked

on another note, i'm not too terribly displeased with a 2-2-1, though i seem to be racking up the friendly fire kills lately. sorry 'bout that action! Confused

If you think about it, there's nothing more Delarquan than killing somebody else's warrior (preferably on a nasty DC) and then using the rules, aka all available options, to simply sit out and duck the feud. Problem is, you usually wind up putting a big red X on your whole team's backs because of it. Perfectly legal, though, if you wanna play it that way...I'm just sayin'....somebody's gotta be the bad guy! Twisted Evil Laughing Thank the gods for Kano-san!

Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Got my envelope today, not as happy as I wanna be with the turn, but could be worse, too. All my young guys are still alive. Seeing Blakky get taken down by the feudee was a bit of a shocker, but in other ways not. Well played Master Kush! Disease, Rez was ready and a'waitin' for you!

Congrats to the new DM, hopefully Sherman will pipe up and pen a column, he's been far too quiet that last couple years. He and I used to spar a bit in the PA's, I miss that!

bubbaganoosh
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stik wrote:
Seeing Blakky get taken down by the feudee was a bit of a shocker, but in other ways not. Well played Master Kush!

a bit of a shocker to me as well. Surprised blakky almost paid the ultimate price. perhaps Rez will have more luck? Razz

Daemonspawn
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bubbaganoosh wrote:
Daemonspawn wrote:
Well, I wasn't planning on ducking anyone else's Bloodfeuds, just Kano's. Still, I'll probably run my guy simply because I don't like fighting a short roster, though I won't like giving that jerk the free wins he'll likely score.

you never know what will happen though. master kush is 1-1 after being BF'd the last 2 turns. and if your guy lives, he'll likely learn a lot.

personally, my team W/L % means nothing to me. i give it no thought whatsoever. the progression and development of my individual warriors and their preparation to battle in tournaments is my primary concern. if i have a guy go 1-3 from lousy match ups (see purple magic) but picks up mad skills for an apprentice tourney, i'm down with that.

so i don't mind the BF's. that's me tho.

My W/L doesn't mean much to me either (witness my 2-7-1 guy in Sunset) but I don't like this guy's attitude and the cocky way he rips on other guys who have much better W/L than him. Like vastly better. I just don't want to give him the satisfaction of winning anything off me.

Otherwise, I don't mind bloodfeuds at all, and kinda expect them. It gives me the chance to try and guess what someone else is going to do and design an "if challenged" strategy to match. Not that I can't do that all the time, but in this case, there's a limited field of challengers to choose from that makes the "equation" a little simpler to figure out. To me, it's kind of like a puzzle to solve, so to speak.

I guess we'll all see how it goes on the sands...

Fuzzy Bunnies - Shadowspire
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bubbaganoosh wrote:
Stik wrote:
Seeing Blakky get taken down by the feudee was a bit of a shocker, but in other ways not. Well played Master Kush!

a bit of a shocker to me as well. Surprised blakky almost paid the ultimate price. perhaps Rez will have more luck? Razz

Been there done that. He's got bigger fish to fry... Cool

bubbaganoosh
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stik wrote:
bubbaganoosh wrote:
Stik wrote:

Been there done that. He's got bigger fish to fry... Cool

right on... Cool

Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

3-2-0-1 for the Tribe

No BF vs. Kano. Shocker. He ducked it. I really hate down challenging, but you gotta wonder what will happen if he ever tries to reacitvate that warrior. Since he is in the champs, can he get out of my reach? Avoids of course, but 3 warriors double challenging could get through. Hmmm . . . that would be interesting.

Lost Falkirk. On my own challenge even. oops. 11-3-18-14-17(+1)-9-13 Lunger. I was curious about the possibility of a size 18 lunger, but I strongly susect this death did me a favor by saving me a bunch of losses and a DA. The BF could be a problem - I don't like Bfing an init with a champ, but I have no other options at the moment as the style matchup is terrible for Walli. What to do?

And the heavyweight champion of Sunset is . . . Bul Yuedebahlhewer! Twice now he has gone bareknuckles with his fellow basher and come out on top. Those really are cool fights to read. And both were close. If Yuedebahl would like a rematch (or any other basher) let me know. Or Sasquatch would give it a shot.

I do like this arena!
BillTheBard
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nomad wrote:

And the heavyweight champion of Sunset is . . . Bul Yuedebahlhewer! Twice now he has gone bareknuckles with his fellow basher and come out on top. Those really are cool fights to read. And both were close. If Yuedebahl would like a rematch (or any other basher) let me know. Or Sasquatch would give it a shot.

It wasn't quite as entertaining as their first, but still a really nice fight! Congrats.

PM me if you're interested in Sasquatch, otherwise I'll give YL a few turns to practice using weapons.

Good luck with Falkirk's replacement.

Team Blackstaff 47
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Anyone remember who runs Real Heavy Metal?? Nice to see them showing up again. Polarius, that you?

gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stik wrote:
Anyone remember who runs Real Heavy Metal?? Nice to see them showing up again. Polarius, that you?

It is Opinicus or Guitarlord

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stik wrote:

According to my database, and we know how good I use to be at keeping track it is...
REAL HEAVY METAL (581) - OPINICUS

And guitarlord is his brother so if Opinicus comes back we might get the guitarlord as well I think that might have been Unclean Spritis (580)

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow, that name rings no bell for me whatsoever, strange...maybe he wasn't around long enough first time out! Whatever the case, hope he pipes up here or in the PA's and sticks around for a while! And brings his brother!

Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I remember Opinicus - he posted on this site a fair amount for awhile.

I do not remember his brothers moniker, guitarlord, but I think I remember the team Unclean Spirits. Welcome back to one or both!
Obregon
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Reptile Rampage went 3-2-0-1 ... lost a newbie Horned Frog ... ambidextrous Lunger, 9-10-16-15-17-4-13 ... nothing spectacular, but I thought he could be a 60% winner with some kills. Horned Frog's replacement, Firenewt, has some potential, though ... (rubs hands together in anticipation ... how soon we forget the dead)

I understand your concern about the Bloodfeud, Nomad. I'm in a similar situation. Frog's killer is Dred, 5 visible FE and a poor matchup for most of my newbies, but not my challenger adept ... I think for a random matchup death, one "justice" Bloodfeud from your champion is legit. Assuming you win, other bfs from your newbies. I think everyone expects a smackdown after a death.

I'm happy overall with the stable and hopeful of stringing together some decent turns in the near future.

Wacky fight there, Ben, between Salamander and Paul.

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic