New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22264

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Turn 98, yes I know I skipped 97!!!
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Aragorn
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:
Ah, you mean like Managerr? Wink

Hey! I ran a PR for like 4 turns!!

Quote:
What is the evidence that this arena has a worse w/l ratio than other arenas with decent populations?

As a whole, It probably has the same amount as all the other arenas (i.e. close to .500) But I know I've seen managers like the Consortium, Tripwire, Visionist, Aragorn, etc. all run higher than they do here....

(In general, a bad RU pool would mean more DA's, which means more losses being added to the overall W/L...you would think that this arena would have less DA's per capita than a normal arena, but maybe not....)

None of my warriors would make one of my tournament rosters, but to me that is the fun in this arena. I'll have to go back and research the exact numbers, but I know that I have some DA losses but most of my warrior deaths and replacements came in the first ten turns here. I found the replacements very average or below average like most DA/arena death replacements. However, fighting and winning with these ugly warriors on my team make it a fun challenge to win and if they get killed that's just too bad not much of a loss anyway. In this arena format, no matter how ugly the warrior is starting off, if they live they will eventually rise to the top. I know that my past DA frustrations ended when I quit expecting anything "good" from it.
Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Aragorn wrote:
None of my warriors would make one of my tournament rosters, but to me that is the fun in this arena. I'll have to go back and research the exact numbers, but I know that I have some DA losses but most of my warrior deaths and replacements came in the first ten turns here. I found the replacements very average or below average like most DA/arena death replacements. However, fighting and winning with these ugly warriors on my team make it a fun challenge to win and if they get killed that's just too bad not much of a loss anyway. In this arena format, no matter how ugly the warrior is starting off, if they live they will eventually rise to the top. I know that my past DA frustrations ended when I quit expecting anything "good" from it.

I'm showing you have 6 deaths in 81, starting on turn 50. The turns of your deaths are 50, 51, 53, 55, 60, and 61. You only have one DA death, IAYCK on turn 61.

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
Aragorn
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Darque wrote:
Aragorn wrote:

I'm showing you have 6 deaths in 81, starting on turn 50. The turns of your deaths are 50, 51, 53, 55, 60, and 61. You only have one DA death, IAYCK on turn 61.

Thanks, for doing the research for me, I was curious. Those were my first ten or so turns here. I now wish I hadn't DAed Iayck, he was scummy and would be even scummier by now.
Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Aragorn wrote:
Thanks, for doing the research for me, I was curious. Those were my first ten or so turns here. I now wish I hadn't DAed Iayck, he was scummy and would be even scummier by now.

Not much research required. I keep a detailed database on the arena to attract the important stuff for awards, death, and graduates for the SYP (which has become more of a forum thing than an NL item).

I wish I knew more about Excel and pulling information from the web automatically so I could track more, much like Ragnarok's old site.

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Darque wrote:
Tripwire wrote:
I think I have DA'd the most warriors out of everyone also so you figure I would at least have a few good rollups to show for it. Out of all the warriors I have had I think I have had 1 21 Witter and very few good rollups.

I actually looked this up. And while I was correct that you have the most deaths in the arena, percentage-wise you are not the most prolific DA user in Shadowspire.

I only counted people with more than 20 deaths for the information below. Granted, if active, Hombre, Kellumbo, and Pauly would be vying for spots in the top.

The Top Dark Arena Users in 81 (Active Teams and Deaths > 20)

Team (Dark Arena Deaths/Total Deaths) DA%

1. Rodent Clan (33/36) 91.66%

2. Unholy Knights (20/22) 90.90%-->(21/23) 91.30%

3. Clan Longbeard (20/24) 83.33%

4. Of Wolf and Man (39/47) 82.97%

As of this next turn barring any regular arena deaths

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
Bartender
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:
Ah, you mean like Managerr? Wink

Hey! I ran a PR for like 4 turns!

Hey, as long as you do it b/c you think it's the most fun way to play the game, I have absolutely no objections against it. I just hope you're not simply doing whatever it takes to make top team to prove that tourney managers dominate arena play as well... Smile

Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Hey, as long as you do it b/c you think it's the most fun way to play the game, I have absolutely no objections against it. I just hope you're not simply doing whatever it takes to make top team to prove that tourney managers dominate arena play as well... Smile

Why not both? Winning brings me the most fun.

It's a sign of respect if I started making a bunch of Slashers and Parry-Strikes, it would be an insult. I'm giving you my best shot.
Obregon
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:

Why not both? Winning brings me the most fun.

It's a sign of respect if I started making a bunch of Slashers and Parry-Strikes, it would be an insult. I'm giving you my best shot.

*Looks at Far Travelers roster*

*goofy grin*

Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Darque wrote:
I actually looked this up. And while I was correct that you have the most deaths in the arena, percentage-wise you are not the most prolific DA user in Shadowspire.

I only counted people with more than 20 deaths for the information below. Granted, if active, Hombre, Kellumbo, and Pauly would be vying for spots in the top.

The Top Dark Arena Users in 81 (Active Teams and Deaths > 20)

Team (Dark Arena Deaths/Total Deaths) DA%

1. Rodent Clan (33/36) 91.66%

2. Unholy Knights (20/22) 90.90%

3. Clan Longbeard (20/24) 83.33%

4. Of Wolf and Man (39/47) 82.97%

Yea I was correct in that I said I had the most DA's. Wow, hadn't realized I had 8 deaths (non-da).
Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

KID CHARLEMAGNE defeated HUGH CAPET in a popular 1 minute expert's Bloodfeud match.

The above fight confounded me a bit when I first read it in the NL. I got my fights yesterday, and when I sat back last night after a long day--it all became clear.

I give the cursory glance to the fighter descriptions and jump right down to the fight itself. All is well until Hugh throws the first shot with a . . .

This fighter from DARQUE AGES jabs with his FIST!

WHAT?!?!?

I quickly look back up and sure enough . . . OPEN HAND?!?! Everything else was correct, down to the back up weapon, which Hugh made no attempt to grab. 4 attacks with my bare fist, 3 damage punches into a MEDIUM SHIELD and the fight is over.

I could complain to the Commission and probably have the loss expunged, but eh, I live to fight at least one more turn.

I ran on maintenance from the turn before, but I just looked over it and learned something new about this game that I have not known for 14 years--I thought maintenance just ran the strategy that you used the turn before, I didn't realize that it utilized your "If Challenged" strategy or reverted back to your generic strat if you had issued a "Challenge" strategy the turn before, which it appears to have done in this case.

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
BillTheBard
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Darque wrote:
KID CHARLEMAGNE defeated HUGH CAPET in a popular 1 minute expert's Bloodfeud match.

The above fight confounded me a bit when I first read it in the NL. I got my fights yesterday, and when I sat back last night after a long day--it all became clear.

I give the cursory glance to the fighter descriptions and jump right down to the fight itself. All is well until Hugh throws the first shot with a . . .

This fighter from DARQUE AGES jabs with his FIST!

WHAT?!?!?

I quickly look back up and sure enough . . . OPEN HAND?!?! Everything else was correct, down to the back up weapon, which Hugh made no attempt to grab. 4 attacks with my bare fist, 3 damage punches into a MEDIUM SHIELD and the fight is over.

I could complain to the Commission and probably have the loss expunged, but eh, I live to fight at least one more turn.

I ran on maintenance from the turn before, but I just looked over it and learned something new about this game that I have not known for 14 years--I thought maintenance just ran the strategy that you used the turn before, I didn't realize that it utilized your "If Challenged" strategy or reverted back to your generic strat if you had issued a "Challenge" strategy the turn before, which it appears to have done in this case.

I read the NL and was quite pleased that KC actually pulled it off. I hadn't given him much of a chance. Once I saw the fight I figured it had been an error of some kind. I'm grateful to get a win, but a tough break for you.

Team Blackstaff 47
Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If KC can make it out of the DA twice, he can't be too much of a slouch. Once again, sorry about the kill - it was unintentional.

My one true advantage with HC right now is FE, but that is a small (so very small) advantage. While HC does have some physical deficiencies, he has proven himself to be lacking in knack (his poor management at times doesn't help him either).

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum