New Today: 2
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104513

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Turf War 7 Turn 3 (JAN)
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just mailed in my turn 3 so the rest of can save yourself the heartache of reading crappy turns by sitting out Laughing but if your a glutten for punishment come on and getcha some Laughing Laughing Laughing [/i]

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

gentleben wrote:
Just mailed in my turn 3 so the rest of can save yourself the heartache of reading crappy turns by sitting out Laughing but if your a glutten for punishment come on and getcha some Laughing Laughing Laughing [/i]

Thanks for turning them in. We need some more NPC's on the field! Wink

Predictions? The rounds will get more and more difficult. Good luck to all.

The tournament scores will probably not be posted until round 4, depending upon when they are listed in the North Fork Newsletter.

Good luck to all (read Commp Squad ONLY) at The Face.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Action
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

MAMBO RALLY!!!!

Il Malvagio 32
The Fallen Angels 28

gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think I saw about 4 maybe 5 Turf War participants bite the dust in the tourney, if your there I guess you get to fill out your replacement sheet and turn it in in time for the next turn.

If your guy dies in the tournament do you still get the +2 pts or do you get a -5 for them dieing?

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

*** No warrior may be substituted without the proper use of the DA or arena death or death in a tournament. There must be a maximum of five only on a team at any point and time. (The penalty for such substitution is -10 points.) Points awarded for tournament participation are 5 for any entrant, 15 for a TV and 25 for a TC. Death in a tournament negates any tournament points gained and results in a-5 score.

So if you entered all 5 (25 points) gained a TC (25 points) but you had a death, it looks like the death negates all 50 points and gives you -5.
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tripwire wrote:
*** No warrior may be substituted without the proper use of the DA or arena death or death in a tournament. There must be a maximum of five only on a team at any point and time. (The penalty for such substitution is -10 points.) Points awarded for tournament participation are 5 for any entrant, 15 for a TV and 25 for a TC. Death in a tournament negates any tournament points gained and results in a-5 score.

So if you entered all 5 (25 points) gained a TC (25 points) but you had a death, it looks like the death negates all 50 points and gives you -5.

That really sucks for a few of yall, one on my team as well, but I saw one from Tripwire, Le Pentarque, Oz (The Cosortium), The Walking Dude, and one from Token Entry (Mgr?). For those that are present do they get to submit the replacements right then and there or leave them for tomorrow?

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

gentleben wrote:
Tripwire wrote:

That really sucks for a few of yall, one on my team as well, but I saw one from Tripwire, Le Pentarque, Oz (The Cosortium), The Walking Dude, and one from Token Entry (Mgr?). For those that are present do they get to submit the replacements right then and there or leave them for tomorrow?

That was just an assumption by me. Some in my alliance think that last line refers to the warrior itself and not the entire team. i.e. if a warrior TV's and gets 15 points but then dies he gets -5 for that warrior.
LePentarque
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Seems quite obvious to me the points are lost only for the dead warrior, but I may be wrong !
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ERROR!!!!!Note that there are only 3 points per warrior for participation!!!!!
Scores for the tournament are by warrior for your alliance. A warrior will score one of the following, in this order
Death -5
TC +25
TV +15
Participation +3death supercedes all, hence participating or TVing, but dying credits a -5

so a team could send all 5 warriors, and have one killed, and yield 3,3,3,3,-5 for +7 there was only one TV, Juneau Dawning, and quite a few deaths
Oz has a list of all, but the scores are not credited until results are posted in the arena newsletter

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727

Last edited by The Consortium on Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:18 am; edited 1 time in total
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It SUCKED for Oz that Golden Cap was killed, and on the way to a TV as it occured! Mad Shocked Evil or Very Mad

Dark_Angel
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Congrats to Juneau Dawning! Nice TV and a ripper to boot. Razz

Assurnasirbanipal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
It SUCKED for Oz that Golden Cap was killed, and on the way to a TV as it occured! Mad Shocked Evil or Very Mad

But the rest of us were rejoicing.

It seemed as if there were more deaths than normal in the late rounds, but that just might be because I was paying attention. And DM 47 had four 7-3 warriors and Golden Cap at 7-2.

Congrats to Juneau, scoring a big 15 points for team LOL
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yea stunk for me in Apprentice. 2 7-3's for my 47 guys. Bad matchups there at the end. Had a burner rookie die as well at 2-1 and hit his first 2 trains! WL to 21 and DF to 11.

Overall not bad for my team they got some good learns in there and some nice trains.
stormlord
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dark_Angel wrote:
Congrats to Juneau Dawning! Nice TV and a ripper to boot. Razz

Assurnasirbanipal wrote:
The Consortium wrote:

But the rest of us were rejoicing.

It seemed as if there were more deaths than normal in the late rounds, but that just might be because I was paying attention. And DM 47 had four 7-3 warriors and Golden Cap at 7-2.

Congrats to Juneau, scoring a big 15 points for team LOL

Thanks Dark Angel and Assur! Juneau's TV actually came as a little bit of a surprise. I thought I had 2 other guys on my Turf War team that had a better chance to TV than she did.

But I was starting to get delusions of grandeur when she started off 9-0, having dreams of a TC. It was a great start, then 3 straight losses brought me back to reality real quick. But hey, I'll take that TV! Go Team LOL!
Kat
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Death to Juneau Dawning Razz
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic