New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 22267

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - trying to get something going again here
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
youngblood
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

been goin through my stuff, and yes im still trying to get things going on the D2 end of things. I have a nasty history of making everything that even resembles a slasher setup a slasher, based on my mentors way of stylization. High wit/will moderate speed, enough str to carry a scimitar yada yada......Anyways, what i wanna know, aside from the fact that they die alot, is how to run developing Aimers, seeing they are the top end favorite class.

Like, would you run them wide open against scum, response against offensives? Its the only class i havent even tried to get into (lies, any of the parry types aside from tp's are in that category). Any suggestions would be well appreciated.

In saying, the only reason i thought i would ever run one would be if i got ahold of one that is bonused in all the right areas, and i accidentally got one, lol.

11-7-8-21-8-8-21 came back left handed, norm damage, ad exp(+4) in att, and an exp(+3or4) in defense.

Gimme your ideas Very Happy

GreekGuy
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You should trade him to me before you screw him up Smile AB's like that dont really have to slow down versus tp's as their attack is usually so much higher than the tp's parry it doesnt matter about getting too tired...now minute 2 + I wouldnt be running 10-10 still. Thats a solid aimer that could do well in many classes.
Congrats
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You generally want to run a guy like this like a Striker or a Slasher (in fact, you probably want to run any Frail warrior like a ST, try to get the jump first and foremost).

10-10-x, slow down in minute 2, something different or tricky in Desperation. I wouldn't be super excited about using an unorthodox tactic like Responsiveness, although some managers (such as Manager) swear by the use of the unorthodox Decise tactic.
youngblood
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

GreekGuy wrote:
You should trade him to me before you screw him up Smile AB's like that dont really have to slow down versus tp's as their attack is usually so much higher than the tp's parry it doesnt matter about getting too tired...now minute 2 + I wouldnt be running 10-10 still. Thats a solid aimer that could do well in many classes.
Congrats

Lol, i'll tell ya what, if i decide not to come back he's yours. The only other aimers i had that were nowhere near as bonused as this guy were killed in tournies. So i was just as happy after i ran him in rookies and he came out alive, going up against 3 strikers nonetheless, that outjumped him everytime and never lost initiative.

Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

youngblood wrote:
GreekGuy wrote:
Congrats

Lol, i'll tell ya what, if i decide not to come back he's yours. The only other aimers i had that were nowhere near as bonused as this guy were killed in tournies. So i was just as happy after i ran him in rookies and he came out alive, going up against 3 strikers nonetheless, that outjumped him everytime and never lost initiative.

Matchups still rule in determining who wins a tourney. Bad luck on the matchups. Good luck on the win. I have never had an aimer that nice. Good luck.
youngblood
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wonder how much an immortality potion would cost, if their are any that are available?

Is there even a potion like that out there, i cant remember, lol?

One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

youngblood wrote:
I wonder how much an immortality potion would cost, if their are any that are available?

They come around every other October.

In general, though, it is a bad idea to purchase prizes. The fact of the matter is, prizes are better the more knowledge that you have. So a prize is far more valuable in TMM's hands than it is in mine, for instance, because he has both the knowledge and the resources to use it better. Because of this, a newer tourney manager like you will always have to overpay for it.

You are much better off buying team roll-ups with double-21 WT/WL warriors off of Manager, because he doesn't value them very highly at all.
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd consider running this guy open-handed/dodge something like 1-8-X D in min. 1 vs. ST/LU at least, styles you're pretty sure will jump you no matter what. If he wasn't so bonused in def. I wouldn't consider it, but there has been some success in the lower tournies with the strat. I have not been a part of that success, however. Just FYI...

Good luck with that guy, he nice!

youngblood
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One Armed Bandit wrote:
youngblood wrote:

They come around every other October.

In general, though, it is a bad idea to purchase prizes. The fact of the matter is, prizes are better the more knowledge that you have. So a prize is far more valuable in TMM's hands than it is in mine, for instance, because he has both the knowledge and the resources to use it better. Because of this, a newer tourney manager like you will always have to overpay for it.

You are much better off buying team roll-ups with double-21 WT/WL warriors off of Manager, because he doesn't value them very highly at all.

I would never "overpay" for a prize like this. And i dont value 21 wit/will warriors either. I have one now and have had a total of three, two of which are dead. And the mortality of 21 wt/wl warriors are just about as bad as any bonused aimers, lol.

youngblood
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And I wouldnt say my knowledge is too terrible either, I may have forgotten a few things, or had a few things to learn. I would say that my biggest problem was being set in my ways, and not broadening my horizons in other areas/styles of the game.

Everyone who knew me, knew that i was looking for the slashers and lungers. I would say that 80% of my warriors that i had were one of those two classes. And there isnt one of those warriors that i would put any prize or potion on. The Aimer that i mentioned on this post, now thats a different story. Very Happy

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic