New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104549

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Noobie looking for some advice...
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SirJessieJest
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Which is the best kind of Pizza? and thick or thin crust? I am trying to make an endless debate topic.

Wink

Ps. Any arenas looking for a loser manager that takes bribes for dives?

Laughing If so, give me a hint which ones those are ... the check is in the mail!

(Put that on the Consortiums tab... snicker)
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

SirJessieJest wrote:
Which is the best kind of Pizza? and thick or thin crust? I am trying to make an endless debate topic.

Wink

Laughing If so, give me a hint which ones those are ... the check is in the mail!

Hey, guy!
Long time, no see.
Glad to hear from you.
Hope you are coming back. (We need the easy wins. Wink )
The best pizza is blessed sz3, 21/21.
Happy New Year.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
SirJessieJest
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeh I am coming back, kinda forgot how to play but that will make it more interesting. Laughing I am sure a lot of things have changed since the 90s.

Looking for arenas that actually roleplay or talk to each other rather than the silent types, any suggestions?

Ps. What is with the Duel2 name change? was there some fighting or something..er guess it matters not.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

SirJessieJest wrote:
Yeh I am coming back, kinda forgot how to play but that will make it more interesting. Laughing I am sure a lot of things have changed since the 90s.

Looking for arenas that actually roleplay or talk to each other rather than the silent types, any suggestions?

Ps. What is with the Duel2 name change? was there some fighting or something..er guess it matters not.

Duelmaster to D2? RSI apparently did not own rights to the name D2 and someone else did.Lots of comments about it here on the site somewhere.

Roleplaying arena:

"New" DM81 which is a "old throwback" no-tournaments allowed arena, and it has roleplaying.

DM29 Freeblade arena has great roleplaying.

Slow DM47 has good roleplaying, especially during the team Turf Wars (have had 7 or 8 and next one next summer starts) and lots of teams

DM11 has good role playing and medium size and is the Heart5 And Soul Of Andoria, with play based on those Andorian principles.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

double post - sorry

Last edited by The Consortium on Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
_Buri_
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

SirJessieJest wrote:

Yes.

SirJessieJest wrote:

Hey, I remember you, welcome back! I took a long time off and just came back a year ago, myself. And yes, some things have changed while some remain the same.

gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Most active arenas are 21, 29, 32, 47 and 81.

Welcome back, hope to see you in either 21, 32 or 47

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Make sure you check out terrablood.com and under the general discussion section there is a chatzy board http://us2.chatzy.com/42003746228981 set up recently that is very good abd mostly active most of the day most days

Also, the best pizza is Conan's of course Wink

The best way to pick an arena is to go back and look at the recent old newsletters.

What arena's did you run in in the past?

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
Assurnasirbanipal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome back! I've held the Basher mantle high in your absence but there is plenty of room to share it!

Assur
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Assurnasirbanipal wrote:
Welcome back! I've held the Basher mantle high in your absence but there is plenty of room to share it!

Assur

With Sir Jesse Jest back, there will now be three of us "basher afficianados", with Assur leading the pack as the "most affected".

Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome back!

To the Pizza question. Being about halfway between Chicago and New York means anty Pizza is good thick or thin. (Prefer deep dish slightly above thin crust).

As to the namechange. The Duelmasters card game swooped in and apparently RSI did not Have Duelmasters copyrighted or something. Anyways some sort of agreement was made and Wizards of the Coast came away with the name and we were left with Duel2. For awhile there was a link on the Duel Masters card game web site to this.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome back! Still a decent number of us play from the 90's! Things have changed enough from when you were playing that even if you did remember everything from the 90's it wouldn't matter too much, it might be better to start from a clean slate than remember your old 90's biases...

11, 47 are both good. I'd recommend 81, but if I remember right, you were a decent tourney participant, so I might not make that your primary arena.
SirJessieJest
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Welcome back! Still a decent number of us play from the 90's! Things have changed enough from when you were playing that even if you did remember everything from the 90's it wouldn't matter too much, it might be better to start from a clean slate than remember your old 90's biases...

11, 47 are both good. I'd recommend 81, but if I remember right, you were a decent tourney participant, so I might not make that your primary arena.

Wow, a lot of managers still play that did during my era, cool beans. Will
have to learn all the game changes I guess. I was a tourney player, but I like those special arena event things too. Managerr got me hooked on those.

I had teams in most arenas , didnt have a main arena. I sent an email
to get overviews of what teams I got left, but I remember when I quit I sold, gaveaway most of my good warriors/teams. Probably just may start fresh teams.

DM 81 sounds interesting, think will give that a whirl. I think I have teams in 29, 21 and 11. Not funding 15 teams this go around ;P probably 4 to 6 teams. I miss the mail ins and FtF.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SirJessieJest wrote:
Managerr wrote:

Wow, a lot of managers still play that did during my era, cool beans. Will
have to learn all the game changes I guess. I was a tourney player, but I like those special arena event things too. Managerr got me hooked on those.

I had teams in most arenas , didnt have a main arena. I sent an email
to get overviews of what teams I got left, but I remember when I quit I sold, gaveaway most of my good warriors/teams. Probably just may start fresh teams.

DM 81 sounds interesting, think will give that a whirl. I think I have teams in 29, 21 and 11. Not funding 15 teams this go around ;P probably 4 to 6 teams. I miss the mail ins and FtF.

Well, we will see you in Tempe Jan 13!!!!!!!

SirJessieJest
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Doh 13th, cant go, not enough notice. Besides I dont even have my teams sorted out yet. ;P Might do proxy or something so I will at least get some warriors in the contest.

Ps. What is Storm Rock? Dont remember that arena.
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum