Duel2.Com  
•   Home  •  Rules  •  Your Account  •  Forums  • Newsletters  •
Navigate
· Home
· Content
· Encyclopedia
· Forums
· Members List
· Newsletters
· Old Newsletters
· Private Messages
· Setup
· Tourneys
· Your Account
User Info
Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: sarakhan
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 19803

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - REVERSE ROLLUPS (last bit of this topic missing?)
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

 
Post new topicReply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Author Message
Action
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster


Joined: Mar 26, 2010
Posts: 728
Location: Virginia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This is probably my favorite thread on this forum. The info is great. One thing is the learn rate of the warriors. There is a lot of variation; 21 wit with 2.42 per, a 15 wit with 1.62, a 15 wit at 1.12, a 7(+2) wit with 1.28, a 17 wit with 2.41 per fight and so forth. Wit sin't very consistently influential is it.

_________________
The Monsantis 81
Golgotha's Blooms 21
Token Entry 47
Il Malvagio 32
The Fallen Angels 28



View user's profileSend private message
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Nov 23, 2002
Posts: 8822
Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Action wrote:
This is probably my favorite thread on this forum. The info is great. One thing is the learn rate of the warriors. There is a lot of variation; 21 wit with 2.42 per, a 15 wit with 1.62, a 15 wit at 1.12, a 7(+2) wit with 1.28, a 17 wit with 2.41 per fight and so forth. Wit sin't very consistently influential is it.


It takes a lot of data to see that the WT impact is pretty straight line. HOWEVER, so many other things affect the number of skills learned - such as the opponent's skill collection, etc. (See another post in this sector where a 11 WT TP scum learned five defense skills in one fight, mostly by challenging (and losing to) a very, very skilled warrior.

Action, we are glad you enjoy the posts. It helps us keep making the effort to post it.

_________________
Ye Old Consortium Scribe & Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014
1000 ADM graduates (with 40+ manager IDs) including 105K+ fights and 68K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1000+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @1518*; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1460; Lenpros DM30 @ 1424; Fandils @ 1336
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Nov 23, 2002
Posts: 8822
Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

#915

9-13-11-17-9-10-15 mode ST
Good dmg, poor endu
16-6-0 arena, no tournaments
2.00 skill learn rate
weapon action:
SS @ 14/130/4
LO @ 3/14/0
DA @ 1/11/0
EP @ 0/4/0
Master (+1) decise, exp (+3) attack
faves: BA, Low/Mod, learns decise

_________________
Ye Old Consortium Scribe & Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014
1000 ADM graduates (with 40+ manager IDs) including 105K+ fights and 68K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1000+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @1518*; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1460; Lenpros DM30 @ 1424; Fandils @ 1336
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
MarmaDuke
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster


Joined: Jul 20, 2009
Posts: 850
Location: NYC tri-state area

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
#915

9-13-11-17-9-10-15 mode ST
Good dmg, poor endu
16-6-0 arena, no tournaments
2.00 skill learn rate
weapon action:
SS @ 14/130/4
LO @ 3/14/0
DA @ 1/11/0
EP @ 0/4/0
Master (+1) decise, exp (+3) attack
faves: BA, Low/Mod, learns decise


Just curious why you never tried the SC on this guy?

_________________
-Marma Duke-

Deviation, State of Mind, Da Dog Powndaz, Pyromania, Rap Attacks, Slamma Jamma

May your blades always be sharp, and your opponents armor always have rust.....
View user's profileSend private messageAIM Address
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Nov 23, 2002
Posts: 8822
Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

MarmaDuke wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
#915

9-13-11-17-9-10-15 mode ST
Good dmg, poor endu
16-6-0 arena, no tournaments
2.00 skill learn rate
weapon action:
SS @ 14/130/4
LO @ 3/14/0
DA @ 1/11/0
EP @ 0/4/0
Master (+1) decise, exp (+3) attack
faves: BA, Low/Mod, learns decise


Just curious why you never tried the SC on this guy?


GREAT question!
While not so many crits with that SS, he kept knocking people down, and I used L a lot; I was almost convinced the SS was a fave, but I certainly should have tried the SC.
Good catch.

_________________
Ye Old Consortium Scribe & Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014
1000 ADM graduates (with 40+ manager IDs) including 105K+ fights and 68K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1000+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @1518*; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1460; Lenpros DM30 @ 1424; Fandils @ 1336
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Nov 23, 2002
Posts: 8822
Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

...916...

8-14-11-16-16-13-6 ambi and +2 Def LU
norm dmg/norm endu
bumped to 9-15-11-17-17-14-7 and to
good damage/good endu
18-6-1 arena, 2DM Titles
skill learn rate - a MASSIVE 3.17 skills/attempt
Master Init; Adex Attack, Defense; Expert Riposte
limited weapon selection, but
SS @ 9-134-2
SH @ 2-20-1

FAVES are: EP, Hi/Hi Learns Attack

_________________
Ye Old Consortium Scribe & Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014
1000 ADM graduates (with 40+ manager IDs) including 105K+ fights and 68K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1000+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @1518*; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1460; Lenpros DM30 @ 1424; Fandils @ 1336
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Nov 23, 2002
Posts: 8822
Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

..... #917.....


11-9-11-15-15-12-11 ambi SL mode otherwise
Good damage, Normal Endu
20-8-1 in arena no tournaments
3 DM Titles
skill learn rate 1.74
adexes Init, Attack, Decise
weapon use
HA @ 4-27-2
SC @ 15-64-8 1 kill
B1-10-2
DA 0-5-0
presumed fave SC
FAVES: SC Mod/Vlo; learns Decise

_________________
Ye Old Consortium Scribe & Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014
1000 ADM graduates (with 40+ manager IDs) including 105K+ fights and 68K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1000+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @1518*; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1460; Lenpros DM30 @ 1424; Fandils @ 1336
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Aug 21, 2008
Posts: 3333
Location: Round Rock, Tx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
...916...

8-14-11-16-16-13-6 ambi and +2 Def LU
norm dmg/norm endu
bumped to 9-15-11-17-17-14-7 and to
good damage/good endu
18-6-1 arena, 2DM Titles
skill learn rate - a MASSIVE 3.17 skills/attempt
Master Init; Adex Attack, Defense; Expert Riposte
limited weapon selection, but
SS @ 9-134-2
SH @ 2-20-1

FAVES are: EP, Hi/Hi Learns Attack


I can't believe you never tried the EP Rolling Eyes what a rookie Wink

_________________
Gentleben
Ben's Bazaar-21
Caress of Steel-28
Secret Squirrels-32
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
View user's profileSend private message
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Nov 23, 2002
Posts: 8822
Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

gentleben wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
...916...

8-14-11-16-16-13-6 ambi and +2 Def LU
norm dmg/norm endu
bumped to 9-15-11-17-17-14-7 and to
good damage/good endu
18-6-1 arena, 2DM Titles
skill learn rate - a MASSIVE 3.17 skills/attempt
Master Init; Adex Attack, Defense; Expert Riposte
limited weapon selection, but
SS @ 9-134-2
SH @ 2-20-1

FAVES are: EP, Hi/Hi Learns Attack


I can't believe you never tried the EP Rolling Eyes what a rookie Wink


We can only offer three rationalizations ...
What a dolt!
Didn't remember there WAS an epee.
Lack of experience!

_________________
Ye Old Consortium Scribe & Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014
1000 ADM graduates (with 40+ manager IDs) including 105K+ fights and 68K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1000+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @1518*; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1460; Lenpros DM30 @ 1424; Fandils @ 1336
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Jun 21, 2002
Posts: 2354
Location: Virginia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
..... #917.....


11-9-11-15-15-12-11 ambi SL mode otherwise
Good damage, Normal Endu
20-8-1 in arena no tournaments
3 DM Titles
skill learn rate 1.74
adexes Init, Attack, Decise
weapon use
HA @ 4-27-2
SC @ 15-64-8 1 kill
B1-10-2
DA 0-5-0
presumed fave SC
FAVES: SC Mod/Vlo; learns Decise


Even with mediocre numbers and a crappy learn rate, a Decise fave SL can tear up an arena. Too bad they are so rare. I've probably designed dozens just like this and the few that were good were Decise faves (or assumed before they croaked) -- the others were not and just failed miserably.

_________________
Master Darque

Darque Angels -- 39
Darque Forces -- 31, 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Darque Ages, et al. -- 100
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailYahoo Messenger
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Nov 23, 2002
Posts: 8822
Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

...918...

11-5-13-15-9-14-17 (+4 Init) ST
Good Dmg, VL Endu
21-9-0 arena, no tournaments
3 DM Titles
1.60 skill learn rate
weapons
9-59-10 SC
5-19-5 BS
0-13-0 SS/LO/EP/QS/HA
Adexes Init/Rip/Decise, Expert Attack
FAVES: BS, Low/Mod, riposte tactiv, learns riposte

_________________
Ye Old Consortium Scribe & Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014
1000 ADM graduates (with 40+ manager IDs) including 105K+ fights and 68K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1000+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @1518*; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1460; Lenpros DM30 @ 1424; Fandils @ 1336
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
Khorvinus
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster


Joined: Apr 11, 2011
Posts: 337

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

still very nice to see this thread still going strong.... Very Happy

_________________
Show me someone that has never failed, and i'll show you someone who has never attempted to accomplish anything.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
Hawk
Unchartered Poster


Joined: Jan 10, 2012
Posts: 44
Location: Iowa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
...918...

11-5-13-15-9-14-17 (+4 Init) ST
Good Dmg, VL Endu
21-9-0 arena, no tournaments
3 DM Titles
1.60 skill learn rate
weapons
9-59-10 SC
5-19-5 BS
0-13-0 SS/LO/EP/QS/HA
Adexes Init/Rip/Decise, Expert Attack
FAVES: BS, Low/Mod, riposte tactiv, learns riposte



I study this thread a lot in an effort to try and learn what works. I struggle to get my fighters to win over 50% and I see that you got this guy to win 70%. What was it about this striker that made him win? Was it knack? Wasn't the VL endurance a problem?

Thanks for the thread info!

Hawk

4 Savage Horde
51 Code of Steel
36 Temple of Steel
100
View user's profileSend private message
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Nov 23, 2002
Posts: 8822
Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hawk wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
...918...

11-5-13-15-9-14-17 (+4 Init) ST
Good Dmg, VL Endu
21-9-0 arena, no tournaments
3 DM Titles
1.60 skill learn rate
weapons
9-59-10 SC
5-19-5 BS
0-13-0 SS/LO/EP/QS/HA
Adexes Init/Rip/Decise, Expert Attack
FAVES: BS, Low/Mod, riposte tactiv, learns riposte



I study this thread a lot in an effort to try and learn what works. I struggle to get my fighters to win over 50% and I see that you got this guy to win 70%. What was it about this striker that made him win? Was it knack? Wasn't the VL endurance a problem?

Thanks for the thread info!

Hawk

4 Savage Horde
51 Code of Steel
36 Temple of Steel
100


Well, everybody wants "more" endurance, for sure.
If an offensive can hit quickly and hit well, it can often win the fight within 1-7 swings and in the first minute; that normally does not take so much endurance burn.
Styles that do not burn so much endu are AB, PS, ST, and both BA, PR to a lesser extent.
Wise challenging and avoiding can help get the best matchups for your warriors of all types, especially those light on endu.

_________________
Ye Old Consortium Scribe & Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014
1000 ADM graduates (with 40+ manager IDs) including 105K+ fights and 68K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1000+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @1518*; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1460; Lenpros DM30 @ 1424; Fandils @ 1336
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
Assurnasirbanipal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Oct 21, 2002
Posts: 1479
Location: San Jose, CA

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Hawk wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
...918...

11-5-13-15-9-14-17 (+4 Init) ST
Good Dmg, VL Endu
21-9-0 arena, no tournaments
3 DM Titles
1.60 skill learn rate
weapons
9-59-10 SC
5-19-5 BS
0-13-0 SS/LO/EP/QS/HA
Adexes Init/Rip/Decise, Expert Attack
FAVES: BS, Low/Mod, riposte tactiv, learns riposte



I study this thread a lot in an effort to try and learn what works. I struggle to get my fighters to win over 50% and I see that you got this guy to win 70%. What was it about this striker that made him win? Was it knack? Wasn't the VL endurance a problem?

Thanks for the thread info!

Hawk

4 Savage Horde
51 Code of Steel
36 Temple of Steel
100


Well, everybody wants "more" endurance, for sure.
If an offensive can hit quickly and hit well, it can often win the fight within 1-7 swings and in the first minute; that normally does not take so much endurance burn.
Styles that do not burn so much endu are AB, PS, ST, and both BA, PR to a lesser extent.
Wise challenging and avoiding can help get the best matchups for your warriors of all types, especially those light on endu.


Wanted to wait until The Consortium responded before I put my two cents into the running with little endurance conversation...
1) Use big damage weapons! You'll notice that most of the fights are with BS and SC, both on the higher side of damage.
2) Watch what you are carrying. Every point of weight you add will burn a bit more endurance. I typically do not carry backups and wear very light or no armor on such warriors.
3) Strategy tinkering. I've found if I balance running hot with conserving endurance, I get the most out of my warrior!
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
Display posts from previous:      
Post new topicReply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Powered by phpBB 2.0.10 © 2001 phpBB Group

Version 2.0.6 of PHP-Nuke Port by Tom Nitzschner © 2002 www.toms-home.com
Forums ©
:: fisubsilver shadow phpbb2 style by Daz :: PHP-Nuke theme by coldblooded (www.nukemods.com) ::