New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104513

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Turn 132
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Grimm
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Good day all, I didn't get a chance to submit personals or a DM column, so I figured I would let Squashapillar speak now. I will make sure I get one in if I defend the throne.

Mighty Shadowspire, do you know what a Squashapillar is? Other than that guy that slaps your around with his gnarled quarterstaff. A Squashapillar is that slow catapillar who tries to make a bolt for it across a busy street, but doesn't quite make it.

As for me, I am your Duelmaster. Grimm's first Basher to sit upon the throne. From what he tells me he hopes that this is not his last. I believe if I remain upon the throne I will get my invite, and as well I should because I am the smashingest, squashiest dude in all of this great city. Now as for Pabst, with your record I truly expected something else. You wilted under my pounding. If you think you can use yuor record to get into the HoF you need to show better than that.

On a side note, I will not challenge this turn. I will give you all a chance to shoot for me. I believe Victor is the scariest of the bunch, and as I have been saying for a while he looks good and should have a much better record.

Oh, Hare Binger's victim, sorry for killing your aimed blow. I do hope he was not a godling as death in Shadowspire is so utterly cold.

Oh, Grimm has stated he has a new guy he is going to risk running. Welcome Snow Squirrel, may you help our team (psst, he won't).

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Grimm wrote:
I believe Victor is the scariest of the bunch, and as I have been saying for a while he looks good and should have a much better record.

Victor did indeed make the challenge for the throne this turn. While I agree he is much better than his record indicates, he has disappointed me greatly many times before. If the challenge goes thru, I hope he makes a good showing and is able to salvage some small bit of respect for himself. I am completely stumped how a warrior that looks as good as he does on paper with 4 Master Ratings has a losing record! Evil or Very Mad

Hopefully I see you on the sands this turn Squashapillar! (Then again, maybe I should be careful what I wish for!) Wink

Vanek, Manager of the Warmasters (DM-81)
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow. A slow weekend for posts.

A very nice turn for the Guild: 5-0! We even nailed down some free fights.

Surprisingly Knut won the Bloodfeud challenge against him. Somehow I think Trip might send some of his other champs next time. 4 turns of ugly are a good enough reason to avoid killing, but one turn was survived. And I'm curious to read the fight.

Jager won his last fight. 24-20 isn't a great record, but he had more wins than losses, so in the end it was ok. 9(+1)-17(+1)-14-15-17-3-11 He could have done better. Here's hoping for something interesting on the replacement- and that I get it in time to get it in the mail for next turn.
LePentarque
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice warrior et 5-0 too Very Happy

But we need the Ads section back... obviously...
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

1-3, BF failed and my DA didn't get DA'd! Horrible few turns here.

Grimm
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

LePent I so agree about ads section. I am not much for the paper writing as I do not see my turns before sending in my next.

As for me 3-2, not great, but I am happy with it even though evil Otto took Squashapillar's throne. I will try again you.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You don't need pen and paper to send ads into the NL.

Sending it to ads@reality.com will work as well. Jorja suggests you send them in as plain text so HAL doesn't eat them.

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
Otto_X
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Not a bad turn -- 3-2 with one DA and took the title (sorry Grimm). Learning not good. Replacement ugly. Business as usual in Shadowspire.

Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Miserable turn, but ran on maintenance, so I guess it was to be expected. 1-3-0 with an unintentional BF dodge. Sincere apologies to RR for that one.

A total of three skill learns for four warriors averaging 19 WT all training SK. That's a personal record I think.
Terminator
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, finally a decent turn for the Warmaster's (4-1-1) after a string of bad luck recently. The 1 loss was a DA, unfortunately the replacements aren't good. The new one is only bad, where as the last one was HORRIBLE. It came as a natural 3 WT & DF.

I took the time to post the following message in the personals, but don't really understand the response. Can anybody shed some light on it for me?

RSI -- On behalf of all of Shadowspire, I'd like to request that the Ads tab be
returned to the Duel 2 forums. Shadowspire has gone from a very active arena, to a
silent ghost town and I for one am not pleased with the change. Any chance this can
be done? Thanks. -- Vanek, Manager of Warmasters

This would be good, even if the personals come with html code in 'em.

Anyways, hopefully next turn is another good one. With multiple bad turns in a row for me along with the shrinking size of the arena had me pretty depressed lately. I am hoping for a resurgance of my beloved arena before it dies completely. Crying or Very sad

Vanek, Manager of the Warmasters (DM-81)
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Vanek, dude don't put the nail in the coffin so quick. All arenas go in cycles, it couldn't stay so busy forever, honeymoon had to wear off. Likewise, I've no doubt some managers who've gone inactive will return in the future. Just the way it ebbs and flows.

Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Still nothing for me. I received 107 today (post marked 2/01) but haven't seen nor heard any stories of my missing 45 and 81 turns.

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum