New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104513

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Cracked.com - 7 Biggest D*ck moves
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Chief
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

in the history of on-line games - the Ultima Online one is actually pretty funny IMO - WoW has a few mentions

http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-7-biggest-dick-moves-in-history-online-gaming/

Than facing fearful odds
For the ashes of his fathers
And the temples of his gods?
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Funny, yet twisted and sad. Now I remember why I don't play any of those games and stick with DM.

_Buri_
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was a witness of sorts to that Sleeper episode in EQ... in other words there was a channel where they were giving a play-by-play report on it. It went on for a very, very, long time.

They missed the biggest one of all IMO though...the SWG NGE and CU fiasco.

Chief
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

_Buri_ wrote:
I was a witness of sorts to that Sleeper episode in EQ... in other words there was a channel where they were giving a play-by-play report on it. It went on for a very, very, long time.

care to share or have a link?

Than facing fearful odds
FLOYD1
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I saw the video of the funeral ambush in WoW ... was awesome and I dont even play WoW.
_Buri_
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Chief wrote:
_Buri_ wrote:

Well, basically the first year of Star Wars Galaxies was great... everyone loved it, lots of players, etc... one of the best MMO's ever, at the time. You could choose any profession except Jedi, which you had to WORK for. It took a long, drawn out series of quests and faction to become a Jedi, which took me about 6 months to complete. Everyone was fine with that, it gave a huge sense of accomplishment, which is key in a game like this.
Then SOE took over. They released a new expansion. 2 days later, with absolutely no warning whatsoever, they completely re-vamped the combat and class system, everyone started at 0 and had to re-spec thier characters, only now, ANYone could be a Jedi from day 1. It was like a giant slap in the face to everyone who'd spent 6 months working to get Jedi status. The NGE (new game engine) was recieved very poorly, everyone liked the old system, and they turned it into an arcade game. On top of that, it was generally accepted that they held off on the NGE until AFTER the subscribers had purchased the new expansion, because SOE knew there was a good chance they would lose subscribers due to the NGE.
They did, in droves. They thought they would get more, new subscribers by making the game into SWG for dummies, to draw in the ignorant masses. It backfired badly, and killed the game. When are they going to realize that us hard-core gamers are very intelligent, and prefer intricacy over simplicity?

Chief
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

_Buri_ wrote:
Chief wrote:
_Buri_ wrote:

Well, basically the first year of Star Wars Galaxies was great... everyone loved it, lots of players, etc... one of the best MMO's ever, at the time. You could choose any profession except Jedi, which you had to WORK for. It took a long, drawn out series of quests and faction to become a Jedi, which took me about 6 months to complete. Everyone was fine with that, it gave a huge sense of accomplishment, which is key in a game like this.
Then SOE took over. They released a new expansion. 2 days later, with absolutely no warning whatsoever, they completely re-vamped the combat and class system, everyone started at 0 and had to re-spec thier characters, only now, ANYone could be a Jedi from day 1. It was like a giant slap in the face to everyone who'd spent 6 months working to get Jedi status. The NGE (new game engine) was recieved very poorly, everyone liked the old system, and they turned it into an arcade game. On top of that, it was generally accepted that they held off on the NGE until AFTER the subscribers had purchased the new expansion, because SOE knew there was a good chance they would lose subscribers due to the NGE.
They did, in droves. They thought they would get more, new subscribers by making the game into SWG for dummies, to draw in the ignorant masses. It backfired badly, and killed the game. When are they going to realize that us hard-core gamers are very intelligent, and prefer intricacy over simplicity?

Ugh - that would suck. I'd like to think I would have quit immediately after the reset but I know how addicting things can get

Than facing fearful odds
Chief
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

_Buri_ wrote:
Chief wrote:
_Buri_ wrote:

Ugh - that would suck. I'd like to think I would have quit immediately after the reset but I know how addicting things can get

Than facing fearful odds
Flagg
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Chief wrote:
in the history of on-line games - the Ultima Online one is actually pretty funny IMO - WoW has a few mentions

http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-7-biggest-dick-moves-in-history-online-gaming/

Just checked out that link and whew! I spent all day long reading the articles on that site! Laughing

Polarius
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

FLOYD1 wrote:
I saw the video of the funeral ambush in WoW ... was awesome and I dont even play WoW.

I just went and watched it, then googled and read the back story. It's sad but still one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Polarius

"Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names."
- John F. Kennedy

Warlord of DOOMcorps
Blitzkrieg
www.DOOMcorps.com
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic