New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104512

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Turn 138
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Now that is frustrating! I emailed ads in. I even got them in plain text this time. I got a "got 'em" email. No Ads. No Column.

So, the outgoing words of wisdom of Ziggy Pike, Piker mediocre. Congrats to the new King.

A return to the throne and graduation at last! The second Piker to make it out of Shadowspire, thy name is Ziggy!

I admit a record of 16-19 isn’t impressive, but it hasn’t been all bad. I started my career with a dark-arena-worthy 2-9 mark. More than one person suggested that Nomad let me fight at night. But he insisted that he saw something in me, that I “should be better than that.” Thank you, Boss! Since then I have managed a 14-10 record. Nothing amazing, I admit, but over .500 and not something most people would look at and think “Dark Arena.” It just took me a little while to hit my stride.

So what does the amazing Ziggy Pike look like? 11(+2)-14(+1)-10-17(+1)-17(+1)-8-13(+1) Perhaps the reason for my struggles was the need to hit my trains? I did learn around 1.7 skills per fight, so that went as expected. I suspect I will have to be happy with being allowed to continue fighting this long, as a future in ADM seems unlikely. But I made it to the Isle!

And how did I make it to the Isle, you ask? By using the greatest advantage of the Piker style – versatility! Junebug had previously proven that he could defeat my scummy strategy when he took the throne from me a couple of turns ago. So I came back at him with an all-out striker blitz. It seems that while my parry couldn’t hold up against the Bug’s attack, my decise is superior. I shall now hope to employ my scum-hunting strat for my final fight here in the Spire. It has worked twice on Lord Protector Spork, so perhaps one of the other TPs at the top would like to stand around and let me pound on them for a while?

Thanks for letting me make to immortality! For a while it didn’t look like I would make it!

Your Dulemaster and Lord Protector,
Ziggy Pike
Hombre
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

third consecutive 3-2 for me, and i can't get over the hump and get one of my warriors to get PP's. Maybe with that mass exodus of high FE graduates last turn I can start edging my way into the challenger champs. Sorry for no personals, I'll try and get more involved.
Terminator
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bad luck for Ziggy is good luck for me as Maxentius gets the random matchup to get a shot at the title. No complaints here. Couple that with a pretty decent RU and a 4-1 turn and I am quite satisfied with the turn. I must confess I'd be happier though if we could pump our attenance numbers back up over 20-25. <sigh>

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to take satisfaction in having grabbed the throne and will keep my fingers crossed that I can successfully defend it next turn!

Vanek, Manager of the Warmasters (DM-81)
DeGotti
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I still haven't received my turn yet, so I looked online.

Very good turn for the Cult. 4-1-1-1 The only loss and death was intended in the DA. Monster Manual, sorry for the DC this past turn with Meda v Drow.

Grimm - Sorry once agin for the loss of Snow Squirrel. That wasn't my intention at all!
Tripwire
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I will be on a DM Hiatus for the summer. I am moving and have tons of stuff going on. I will see you all in the fall hopefully!

Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tripwire wrote:
I will be on a DM Hiatus for the summer. I am moving and have tons of stuff going on. I will see you all in the fall hopefully!

Whoa, no Trip for the summer?!?? Well, make sure it's no longer than that! Hope you'll still pop in here some! Good luck with the move, and no, I don't own a pickup...or have any spare boxes...or next weekend free... Laughing

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum